Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

Lol the alchemy show even has an Atelier soundtrack

I keep expecting Atelier characters to appear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Just browsing I saw the thumbnail and thought it was a new atelier I hadn't heard of.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

The Colonel posted:

kirara anime have as interesting a history as the manga too where the early stuff was kinda unfocused and included series like, yumekui merry. they slowly shifted into sol and over time the sol got, exponentially more explicit about lesbian dynamics and relationships

kanamemo walked etc

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

The Colonel posted:

the anime adds a scene of eiko very specifically taking another girl from school on a date

Thinking about the girl saying that she don’t care if eiko strays because she’ll always come back to her

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Thinking a lot about tamas crush on the main girl also

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Just generally thinking, really. I got a big brain

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

I was surprised how much I liked the first episode of Blue Lock. I didn't expect it to be quite so deranged and the ending was genuinely pretty surprising. Seems good!

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Was that show from a while ago about the guy that fought using mushrooms and there were planes that were snails any good?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

kater posted:

Was that show from a while ago about the guy that fought using mushrooms and there were planes that were snails any good?

Sabikui Bisco? IIRC, the people who watched it were satisfied with it.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

kater posted:

Yeah it was decent. I didn't finish it, but everyone seemed to enjoy it to some degree.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFlDRhvM4L0

Chainsaw opening

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Sabikui Bisco was a lot of fun and the way it escalates nonstop for basically the entire last third of the show was great.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Sabikui Bisco was a blast. It had a crazy invertebrate punk aesthetic, a weird mix of ridiculous and gritty, an awesome cast of cool characters, and it also landed in favor of bisexual polyamory which is a resolution you don't see too often.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

There's some incredible OP/ED music this season.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

you're telling me a chain saw this man?

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

I'm going to be the contrarian and say that Sabikui Bisco couldn't hold my attention. It wasn't written or animated well enough to pull off the scenes and tonal shifts it wanted to do.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

what if there was a chainsaw man

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Srice posted:

what if there was a chainsaw man

:hmmyes:

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

kater posted:

solid B to B-

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

Maera Sior posted:

I'm going to be the contrarian and say that Sabikui Bisco couldn't hold my attention. It wasn't written or animated well enough to pull off the scenes and tonal shifts it wanted to do.

I can agree even as someone who enjoyed it. In particular it was a bit disappointing how shallow the setting felt; the weaponized flora/megafauna are lightly sprinkled over a regular post-apoc Japan road trip. The tone issues annoyed me in Pawoo's faux-Kino's Journey episode but they definitely crop up wherever the villain is involved. Better animation may have helped but I didn't find any of it so bad as to detract from the show either.

The entertaining cast, OST, and escalation from the climax to end just rounded it out to a 7/10 in spite of its issues. It has pretty much come and gone already but I do think it can be worth a look, especially if you're after some newer BL-tinged action.

haypliss fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Oct 11, 2022

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Oh, so that's Chainsaw Man.

I gotta go to the Shonen Jump app for no real reason now.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Chainsaw Man was pretty good except for the fact everything felt too clean. This show really need a grungy look to it that Dorohedro and Meglobox had

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

The manga is very clean, except where blood is involved, Denji frequently gets covered in the stuff because chainsaws are messy.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Did anyone else find the music felt very subdued, not sure if was intended or the sound mixing was weird or just uh me lol

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

Did anyone else find the music felt very subdued, not sure if was intended or the sound mixing was weird or just uh me lol

I think that was deliberate. Keeping it low, menacing, and oppressive.

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

what the hell, Blue Lock can just namedrop all the players they want, but Ao Ashi couldn't talk about Xavi? lmao

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Prince of Tennis and Aoki Densetsu Shoot! already name dropped real players all the time so it sounds like Ao Ashi was written by cowards

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Erg...

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

that's just kensuke ushio for u

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
New Mob ED is wonderful, another painted one like season 1's.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/USCPSC/status/1580215261164019714?s=20&t=-KFIdVrr87HCIDcu4vcJug

https://twitter.com/USCPSC/status/1580216184829378560?s=20&t=-KFIdVrr87HCIDcu4vcJug

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

chainsaw man to the polls

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

Going into it almost completely blind, Chainsaw Man episode 1 was okay. Some sketchy CG here and there but overall pretty slick production, likeable MC, solid direction. The plot doesn't grab me yet though, so far the setup seems very by-the-numbers, we'll see where it goes.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

cave emperor posted:

Going into it almost completely blind, Chainsaw Man episode 1 was okay. Some sketchy CG here and there but overall pretty slick production, likeable MC, solid direction. The plot doesn't grab me yet though, so far the setup seems very by-the-numbers, we'll see where it goes.

I found it generally mediocre looking, which led me to read the manga instead. It, uh, goes

marumaru
May 20, 2013

AnoHito posted:

I found it generally mediocre looking, which led me to read the manga instead. It, uh, goes

yeah i really didn't like the way it looked. weird mix of cgi and... rotoscoping (?) that just doesn't look very natural

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
DIY is a really really good show.

roobots
Dec 4, 2006

You can only think of Halloween until you die.

cave emperor posted:

Chainsaw Man takes a minute to ramp into the things that make it so good and unique. We'll probably have half a season of what feels like a very gory but otherwise normal shounen before it starts to sink it's teeth in. Even for people enjoying the anime, I can't recommend checking out the manga enough. The anime is beautiful (overly clean style and overuse of so-so CG aside) but the very raw style of the manga imbues much more character and charm.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Fangz posted:

DIY is a really really good show.

:yeah:

I should quit being lazy and make a thread for it....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

DIY Episode 2 was pretty great, especially the Purin on the bus glaring at Serafu gags

Glad other people are finding Chainsaw man looks too clean. It's got the violence but it feels like a good live rock bands set being cleaned up to much for the CD release