Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

skipmyseashells posted:

spoilers were probably the most craziest of the year so avoid that until Friday

Okay, but you need to give us the usual most important spoiler. Break?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

no break

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.

skipmyseashells posted:

finally, straw hat babies!

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Oh ah yes it's the craziest, most shocking, unbelievable spoiler I've ever seen: Warlord Buggy, leader of the Cross Guild

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

I can't believe that Vegapunk is Luffy's real mother and also his real aunts and uncles.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

skipmyseashells posted:

Can’t believe Enel is finally back from the moon.

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

Bisse posted:

wow ok. And 2022 is the same year as Luffy dying and Gear 5, right? Just confirming how hard I need to hit the twitter sign of button.

Not AS crazy as the Nika retcon, but still pretty nuts. It's about as big as the Supernova Trio getting their latest bounties.

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
yeah I forgot gear 5 was this year

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

i am just starting my one piece journey (just got to arlong park, doing a combo of one pace and reading), and i just have one question: why does the anime keep using the newtype flash sound effect, does that show up in more anime than i think

oh poo poo while writing this nami just stabbed usopp...this owns

(i'm posting in this thread because gear 5 was already spoiled for me and it's so cool it's why i started reading so i'm unworried about spoilers, also this thread gets way more posts than the anime thread)

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Captain Invictus posted:

can't wait for the giraffe and leopard versions of these guys

Am excited for this to come back. Betting this is the awakened form if the user isn't strong enough or something - like the 'devil' animal spirit or whatever that lives in them is stronger than the user and overtakes them permanently.

Everything unrevealed in One Piece feels like it could be a crucial tent pole plot point or could just be bullshit. And that's great.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I feel like we still don't have a decent grasp of what it actually means to have an awakened Zoan, which is slightly odd seeing as we've just come out of an all-Zoan-all-the-time story arc.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
You know we're in the darkest hours of the pre-chapter lull when the thread devolves into Power Level Discourse

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Drakkel posted:

You know we're in the darkest hours of the pre-chapter lull when the thread devolves into Power Level Discourse

But could luffy beat superman

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Nuebot posted:

yes

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

i refuse to elaborate

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Nuebot posted:

Only if Haki is magical enough, Superman is weak to magic.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
The fight ends inconclusively when, in a shocking plot twist, it turns out Luffy's mom was also named Martha.

papasyhotcakes
Oct 18, 2008

Nuebot posted:

Can luffy beat goku in one of the holojillion new forms?

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

papasyhotcakes posted:

Can luffy beat goku in one of the holojillion new forms?

Luffy is a gag character when he's in gear fifth. His power is on the level of Arale, Goku doesn't stand a chance!

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Valentin posted:

i am just starting my one piece journey (just got to arlong park, doing a combo of one pace and reading), and i just have one question: why does the anime keep using the newtype flash sound effect, does that show up in more anime than i think

(i'm posting in this thread because gear 5 was already spoiled for me and it's so cool it's why i started reading so i'm unworried about spoilers, also this thread gets way more posts than the anime thread)

No idea about your question but welcome to the thread!

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

I'm still not convinced that gear 5 is "toon power". Nothing we saw in the story is supporting that.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Aside from multiple people in the story describing it as cartoon like?

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Drakkel posted:

Aside from multiple people in the story describing it as cartoon like?

Who?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

YggdrasilTM posted:

I'm still not convinced that gear 5 is "toon power". Nothing we saw in the story is supporting that.

What is it then

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Its his regular stretchy powers but in overdrive.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Its his regular stretchy powers but in overdrive.

Oh like some sort of cartoon character?

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I think it's some sort of rubbery, hose-like effect. Not sure where I've seen that before.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Infinitum posted:

You could say he's made of rubber perhaps.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Kaido literally describes it as being something out of a picture book

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

SyntheticPolygon posted:

You could say he's made of rubber perhaps.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Infinitum posted:

Maybe more like Freedom God Nika, whose body had the properties of rubber for some reason.

Anyway, jokes aside there is no difference between being a goofy rubber man a goofy cartoon lad. This is the secret of Gear 5. Those are the same thing actually.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Infinitum posted:

Wow, I didn't know Sanji had cartoon powers too.

YggdrasilTM fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Oct 13, 2022

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon

Valentin posted:

RC Cola posted:

No idea about your question but welcome to the thread!

Same here, never watched much of the anime but welcome! Feel free to keep sharing reactions and feelings as you get along, the thread loves when people do that! I'm glad you found One Pace early on, it's less bad than the regular anime

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Infinitum posted:

What is it then

Freedom power, duh

It's not "Freedom? Like a cartoon?" it's "Cartoon? Like freedom?"

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Infinitum posted:

What is it then

literally real IRL
Apr 28, 2008
Terribly translated chapter is up:
https://coloredmanga.com/manga/one-piece-spoilers-leaks-raws/one-piece-chapter-1063-complete-in-english/

Doesn't seem to mention if there's a break next week or not.

Also I'm confused. Is this the "real" Kuma or is the one the revolutionaries have the real one. Why would Bonnie be upset if this is just some copy?

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

The very first speech bubble in the chapter sucks poo poo, no way am I reading this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

literally real IRL posted:

Also I'm confused. Is this the "real" Kuma or is the one the revolutionaries have the real one. Why would Bonnie be upset if this is just some copy?

Maybe she doesn't know there are copies and she thinks there is only one?