Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Yeah, I'd read Chiang well prior to Villaneuve's announcement that he was adapting, so when he announced he was making a movie about an unknown story that seemed unfilmable I was thinking..."who does that?"

Villaneuve is king. He may not make the most complex/audience alienating films...but the dude takes risks in mainstream cinema that nobody else is doing.

Villaneuve is probably my second favorite director who is regularly putting stuff out atm next to Alex Garland.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I am looking forward to some more Inscryption tomorrow night. Also that is very cool about all those new games that have come to PSPlumium. I heard how good DQB2 is and now I can give it a tiltawhirl!

Brian Worms posted:

I just got a ps5, is there a thread where people talk about them?

You can post here without worry, people were discussing the prepaid phone stuff because it is relevant to COD on PS5. Please just post away. :)

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

that av tho

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Just got the challenge level 4 trophy for the Inscryption DLC and that poo poo was hard as balls. I don't know how I am going to get to level 12 for the last Kaycee's mod trophy lol. Getting to 5 took me a week. At this point I'm just gaming the system to try and build the cheesiest deck I can. Thank god for bugs.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

:) LVG suggested the question mark. I was going to have it sigiless. I do not think I have come across question marks yet.

veni veni veni posted:

Just got the challenge level 4 trophy for the Inscryption DLC and that poo poo was hard as balls. I don't know how I am going to get to level 12 for the last Kaycee's mod trophy lol. Getting to 5 took me a week. At this point I'm just gaming the system to try and build the cheesiest deck I can. Thank god for bugs.

There is DLC for it? Is it free?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I'd say Ixion beat my rear end but I got him down to the last phase on the first try with a weapon I'm bad at (slug shot). Next time..

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
You have definitely come across the question mark it was on one of the cards you didn’t pick though

We will explain the DLC when you have played more.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

VideoGames posted:

There is DLC for it? Is it free?

It's free. You have to beat the game to access it.

E: It was free DLC on PC that came out early this year. On playstation it's just released packed in with the game.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Oh! Well then maybe I will get to see it tomorrow evening :) Hopefully I will be as stupidly luck as Tuesday - though with my first couple of rounds after my big loss I think I was all flustered.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Keep on truckin

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I hope you’re able to tune in tomorrow for the stream veni, it’s great stuff

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Sakurazuka posted:

Lords of Shadow barely counts as Castlevania

1 is legit great and uhh the demo/intro of los2 is goat but thats it lol

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

univbee posted:

At least as announced currently it won't be, it's just the PS3 version as streaming.

Is it? Cos psnow had the ps4 version, ultra seems to imply is that version too.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

Keep on truckin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLQDQ95Wr5I&t=1s

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Fifteen of Many posted:

Yakuza Like a Dragon, Chapter 12: I was so excited to see my boy Majima! I’ve only played 0 and Kiwami 1 so I was kinda hoping he’d pop up with the Tojo clan getting wiped out. Then I discovered to my great horror that he was level 50 and my little level 33 party got obliterated when he cloned himself three times. I guess this is where the grind kicks in!

How are people getting to this point at lvl33 lmao that explains a lot. Think i was mid 40s at that point and aced it

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Because people ignore the arena it gives you right before there and instead just try to barrel on through the story, forgetting the number one rule of Yakuza which is you absolutely have to finish every single piece of side content that comes up before you advance the story because that’s the best stuff.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Vikar Jerome posted:

1 is legit great and uhh the demo/intro of los2 is goat but thats it lol

I like 2 because of how utterly weird it is

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

VideoGames posted:

Oh! Well then maybe I will get to see it tomorrow evening :) Hopefully I will be as stupidly luck as Tuesday - though with my first couple of rounds after my big loss I think I was all flustered.

Work on solving the painting, that will help your luck. :getin:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Vikar Jerome posted:

How are people getting to this point at lvl33 lmao that explains a lot. Think i was mid 40s at that point and aced it

History Comes Inside! posted:

Because people ignore the arena it gives you right before there and instead just try to barrel on through the story, forgetting the number one rule of Yakuza which is you absolutely have to finish every single piece of side content that comes up before you advance the story because that’s the best stuff.

I think I was like nearly or just around lvl 40 by the time I got there and I went up to 53-ish doing the arena before I stopped, thinking that's probably well overleveled for a good chunk of the game only to find out no, that's pretty much where the game wants you at.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Work on solving the painting, that will help your luck. :getin:

I think I know HOW I just gotta get lucky...wait!

I can use the hook if I do not have the required cards as long as the card is on the correct line, otherwise I gotta go to every pick up a card icon I can!

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006

several posters posted:

how are you 33 you big dumb idiot

I think if the story had given more resistance to this point it wouldn’t have been so jarring, but I’ve done like 35 of the side stories and everything story wise up til now has been easy peasy. I did a bit of the arena last night and got up to 43 pretty quickly, so another round of two of that and I should be golden.

This isn’t a complaint, I’m having fun with it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

They're pretty doable at high 30's for levels, you just need a dedicated healer character.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Vikar Jerome posted:

Is it? Cos psnow had the ps4 version, ultra seems to imply is that version too.

Nope, Ultra existed on PS3, and in fact it was unique in that they figured out a way to make the PS3 able to pre-load DLC if you were upgrading from Super or Arcade (basically they released the larger DLC payload early, and then on release day they released a small patch which just told the client to look for the DLC).

I actually kind of wonder if the big fighting game makers are antsy about people having subscription access to a "good enough" fighting game because they're paranoid about losing sales of whatever their latest game is when they need as many people playing them as possible. By offering the streaming-only version they might feel that's an acceptable compromise because the lag will put off most players.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

RareAcumen posted:

I think I was like nearly or just around lvl 40 by the time I got there and I went up to 53-ish doing the arena before I stopped, thinking that's probably well overleveled for a good chunk of the game only to find out no, that's pretty much where the game wants you at.

Do everything in the game and dont taxi around. No need to grind, those bosses aint all that!

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

univbee posted:

Nope, Ultra existed on PS3, and in fact it was unique in that they figured out a way to make the PS3 able to pre-load DLC if you were upgrading from Super or Arcade (basically they released the larger DLC payload early, and then on release day they released a small patch which just told the client to look for the DLC).

I actually kind of wonder if the big fighting game makers are antsy about people having subscription access to a "good enough" fighting game because they're paranoid about losing sales of whatever their latest game is when they need as many people playing them as possible. By offering the streaming-only version they might feel that's an acceptable compromise because the lag will put off most players.

So it really is confirmed streaming of ps3 version? Lmao. Capcom, come on...

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

The Like A Dragon Chapter 12 boss has been proven to be doable at basically the lowest level you can realistically get to that fight at, but you need to know the mechanics insanely well and likely also need the Mr. Masochist poundmate. Other things which are more or less essential are having Saeko or Eri as an Idol for healing, along with a bento stash since those do a very important group heal function. You can potentially leverage Joon-Gi Han's poison shot ability due to the stupid amount of turns the enemy gets, but that might be one of the fights where the shift between phases removes the poison effect, I don't remember.

Vikar Jerome posted:

So it really is confirmed streaming of ps3 version? Lmao. Capcom, come on...

Yes unless information got hosed up by the time it hit the blog. One thing worth noting is that if the PS4 was offered (either next week or sometime down the road) it would most likely be considered a "Remaster" and therefore require PS+ Deluxe or Premium to access.

univbee fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Oct 13, 2022

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

kirbysuperstar posted:

I like 2 because of how utterly weird it is

The castle is sick, visually. I felt lile they could have gone weirder tbh

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
lance mcdonald just said as he was ending his stream that the elden ring dlc files were all included in the update, but he didnt want to say anything specifically because i guess he's known about the dlc for a bit

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010
I just upgraded to a PS5 and was considering giving my PS4 to my lapsed gamer girlfriend, can she use my login to download my games and then go onto her account to play them, either purchased or PS+ games? She probably won't be getting her own PS+ just yet, is there a way of piggybacking off mine? It'd be fun to play a few games together. I know there's the virtual couch co-op via streaming, does that work too?

Also the PS5 rules, it's an absolute unit but man videogames look good now and the controller is great.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

Yes she can. I've been sharing with my friend for the past few years. She could even log in on your account on the ps4 while you're on the ps5 and it won't sign you out.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

bop bop perano posted:

lance mcdonald just said as he was ending his stream that the elden ring dlc files were all included in the update, but he didnt want to say anything specifically because i guess he's known about the dlc for a bit

hoho!!!

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

acksplode posted:

Hell yes. I've been waiting for someone to hit this point, that's where I got hooked too. I love a game that trusts the player to figure things out while balancing carefully to ensure that experience is fun, and Tunic is one of the finest examples I can come up with. And it still has tricks up its sleeve, your jaw is gonna drop a few more times. That manual is gonna stick in my mind forever. I really wish the publisher would sell it as official merch, I'd buy a copy in a heartbeat.

I just found out what to do with the coins from a manual, was a very 'loving of course' moment for me.

Also, regarding the language (I don't know if the game ever tells you this but I did a little spoil for myself an looked it up): it's translatable. Certain lines represent vowel sounds and certain lines represent consonants, which is really cool. Haven't translated anything beyond the basic menu messages like "Found an item!", in order to save myself from potential spoilers, but I'm looking forward to checking out everything in english once I beat the game

Really loving the game, every new secret, both regarding the world and also the mechanics of the game, is so cool to discover

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

kirbysuperstar posted:

I'd say Ixion beat my rear end but I got him down to the last phase on the first try with a weapon I'm bad at (slug shot). Next time..

Good job! I constantly gently caress up the overload on the shotgun because I'm hammering the trigger nonstop. Fun weapon (as long as you have slug shot or narrow maw). And that's a great boss, but really all the bosses in that game are great. I ran the numbers and the boss tiers are:

top tier: stage 4 boss. Great mix of spectacle and gameplay
Really drat good tier: stage 1, stage 2, stage 5 (no boss but the challenge room is fun as hell with multiple grapple points)
Slightly less great tier: stage 6 boss. Water jumping physics make an interesting variation. A good boss, but you can usually kill him before he really gets going. Revealing weak points is an ok mechanic
Worst boss tier: stage 3. Pace slows down in phases 2 and 3. My least favorite boss, still fun but kind of a weak end to a run

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

bop bop perano posted:

wait what

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

fffffuckcccc

https://twitter.com/manfightdragon/status/1580513712338632706

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Question: I have been meaning to try ace combat for a while. Now the Top Gun Maverick Ultimate Edition is on sale for 21.99€.

Is that a good deal and is the game worth it?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Slight update regarding the upcoming PS+ library.

The Japanese blog has a few differences in offerings. Notably, those of you with subscriptions in the Japan region will also be getting "Densha De Go!! Let's Drive the Yamanote Line" (電車でGO!! はしろう山手線). Also, the blog explicitly lists a PS5 version of Assassin's Creed Syndicate, as well as for Dragon Quest Heroes 1. These are almost certainly errors, although they are weird ones to happen accidentally. They are also listing Yakuza 3-5 as being the PS3 versions, which is especially odd given that Yakuza 4's PS3 version has a persona non grata actor in it RGG explicitly removed from the PS4 version.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Hopper posted:

Question: I have been meaning to try ace combat for a while. Now the Top Gun Maverick Ultimate Edition is on sale for 21.99€.

Is that a good deal and is the game worth it?

Depends how much of the DLC you want, just the base game has gone down to like £8 before. And yeah 7 is a decent AC.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
why didnt we get Densha De Go!! Let's Drive the Yamanote Line (電車でGO!! はしろう山手線) it looks fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdPQsUGgeX8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Been playing a lot of Fortnite No-Build. It is very good.