Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Pretty much every line out of Wario's mouth is a comedy masterpiece

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I like how the president's reaction everything is basically "oh what the gently caress"

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

CharlestonJew posted:

Jujutsu Kaisen: The Japanese Should Stick To Making Cars and Anime!

Don’t say something like that!

It’s funny that the President is almost the most level headed person in the room and immediately thought the idea of kidnapping civilians from another country for experimentation into alternative energy sources was insane

Legend of Ruina
Sep 29, 2021
I find this extremely unrealistic on multiple levels.

First of all, America caring about renewable energy is extremely bad on my suspension of disbelief
Second of all, clearly we’d send the marines for shady operations on foreign soil.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
The president being a real person surrounded by anime generals is perfect.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
This whole development is kind of pants on head. And honestly I'm ok with this 100%.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

The general is named Gary Johnson is my absolute favorite touch

I have no idea if this series jumped the shark or got more fun or literally both

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Perhaps like Air Gear the President will swap bodies with Nobara.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I mean this all makes perfect sense to me

Kenjakus plan is to turn everyone into a sorcerer so of course he's going to try and make it an international incident to get as many people involved as possible

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

as an American: I have no notes about how we are portrayed here. maybe crazy up the president a lil bit

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

any time a manga starts bringing us politicians into the story I completely check out and this is no exception

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

I mean this all makes perfect sense to me

Kenjakus plan is to turn everyone into a sorcerer so of course he's going to try and make it an international incident to get as many people involved as possible

I'd have to re-read how the rules work but every soldier who enters should have to register as a player which is also probably Kenjaku's goal. He had to make a caveat that anyone initially inside the barriers who wasn't already a player had a single chance to walk out but he does need lots of people inside the barriers to make his plan work. Getting foreign elements inside is also likely part of his plan to get non-Japanese people to experience the accelerated affinity for cursed energy Tengen's barriers provide.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.

CharlestonJew posted:

Jujutsu Kaisen: The Japanese Should Stick To Making Cars and Anime!

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Manatee Cannon posted:

any time a manga starts bringing us politicians into the story I completely check out and this is no exception

Kenjaku and Sukuna discussing how cursed old men are the future in a secret base under some Asian City.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Lamebot posted:

Kenjaku and Sukuna discussing how cursed old men are the future in a secret base under some Asian City.

Get the hell out of here, Nobara.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Manatee Cannon posted:

that's funny because this is incredible, and owns

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Manatee Cannon posted:

This chapter and plot turn owns I'm sorry you're dumb.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

This chapter and plot turn owns I'm sorry you're dumb.

Take this aggro bullshit outta here. If you want to read a thread of posts from clones of yourself go write in a notepad.

Current bit has some funny haha memes but as a story beat it's sucking the air out of the room.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Tonfa posted:

Current bit has some funny haha memes but as a story beat it's sucking the air out of the room.

No it's good actually.

And also their post wasn't "Oh I don't think this is turning out well" it was "I see a politician in the manga I close the app." which is...look it's a very kneejerk and short sighted reaction worth poking fun at.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
It's dumb in a bad way IMO but "what the hell does the rest of the world think of this?" is a pretty good question to ask writing wise

I mean there's literally loving magic domes over most of Japan

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
The best part of this arc has been introducing all the weirdos and freaks that have been thriving in this hosed up game of death. Adding an international cast to it just offers up more opportunities for weirdos to come in and shake things up

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

CharlestonJew posted:

The best part of this arc has been introducing all the weirdos and freaks that have been thriving in this hosed up game of death. Adding an international cast to it just offers up more opportunities for weirdos to come in and shake things up

Hope we get an American on the level of Adam Dudley from Kengan.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The chapter is entirely unnecessary--you could have left it at last chapter's cliff hanger and filled in the blanks from there.

Unless the president is going to be a recurring character I really don't give a poo poo. It's fine though--the chapter wasn't bad, just...not sure if it adds anything.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

Hope we get an American on the level of Adam Dudley from Kengan.

gently caress!

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

No it's good actually.

And also their post wasn't "Oh I don't think this is turning out well" it was "I see a politician in the manga I close the app." which is...look it's a very kneejerk and short sighted reaction worth poking fun at.

that's not what I said

I didn't really care that you called me dumb before but don't strawman me please

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

This is the same doomsaying you all were doing leading into the intro of katana man and sumo boy, I’m going to simply trust gege to turn in a slate of all time american sickos

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I think the cartoonishly evil Wario is at least as funny as Samurai Guy

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
the old guy samurai man possessed is probably just dead now

that's pretty dark

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Blockhouse posted:

that's pretty dark

Eh, who isn't at least a little dead in the JK universe?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Blockhouse posted:

that's pretty dark

Everyone who was the original body of the incarnated Sorcerer other than Hana is dead.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

This is the same doomsaying you all were doing leading into the intro of katana man and sumo boy, I’m going to simply trust gege to turn in a slate of all time american sickos

In terms of "moments in a series where I think things are lovely and on a downward spiral," this doesn't even qualify. Just a weird choice for a chapter.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Elijah Snow
Dec 10, 2006

some-something man
I love it. A plot point I can actually follow (most of the series side plots slide off my smooth brain) , fun , and it explains what the whole Battle Royale thing is for. And funny.

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
https://onepiecechapters.com/chapters/4711/jujutsu-kaisen-chapter-202

kenjaku is kinda goofy it turns out? no idea whether to buy his just messing around to satisfy his curiosity claim though

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
maybe it's Geto's influence that he's starting to speak like him.

some funny expressions in this chapter

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

lih posted:

https://onepiecechapters.com/chapters/4711/jujutsu-kaisen-chapter-202

kenjaku is kinda goofy it turns out? no idea whether to buy his just messing around to satisfy his curiosity claim though

Kenjaku has always been a bit goofy, when Jogo came back after fighting Gojo Kenjaku stuck his tongue out and made a funny face.

Also appearntly Tengen used to be a woman?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

MonsterEnvy posted:

Kenjaku has always been a bit goofy, when Jogo came back after fighting Gojo Kenjaku stuck his tongue out and made a funny face.

Also appearntly Tengen used to be a woman?

I think Tengen takes on the body of whomever he absorbed last, or he's an amalgamation of all he's absorbed, which seem to be women by majority

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

yum posted:

maybe it's Geto's influence that he's starting to speak like him.

some funny expressions in this chapter

There's actually a fun theory I've seen floating around that Geto isn't entirely gone and some aspect of him or his spirit or whatever might be slowly rewiring the evil brain from within, more or less. Because there've been a few moments where he spoke, or acted, like Geto seemingly without intending to or realizing it. But it could also just be overly hopeful stuff and the guy playing up whatever body he's in.

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020

Nuebot posted:

There's actually a fun theory I've seen floating around that Geto isn't entirely gone and some aspect of him or his spirit or whatever might be slowly rewiring the evil brain from within, more or less. Because there've been a few moments where he spoke, or acted, like Geto seemingly without intending to or realizing it. But it could also just be overly hopeful stuff and the guy playing up whatever body he's in.

to be fair kenjaku is less evil than geto

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Nuebot posted:

I mean this was confirmed when Geto's body tried to choke itself when Gojo was getting sealed. Kenjaku even mused with Mahito about the whole "which comes first, the soul or the body" dichotomy with that moment. Or when Toji was summoned by the necromancer chick and the sheer force of his body overrode the grandson's soul.