Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
I'm glad I lost all hope in the game in the first reveal video. God, I was actually getting kind of hype about the teaser stuff they put out before that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

RareAcumen posted:

Good 4-player games are impossible to make. You either make a single player or battle royale, 4 is too complicated.

Left 4 dead

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Twibbit posted:

Left 4 dead

Should be the genre name.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

bloodychill posted:

1080p 30 frames? What in the actual gently caress

It’s 4K30 with RT

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Seems more like a WB Montreal failure than a console failure

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

lol, thats how it is.

gently caress i really wanna blast through 0 to 6 again but last time it took like 10 months of near constant playing...

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug

Quantum of Phallus posted:

It’s absolute crap. I love 40K and I love love love FPS games but it’s absolute poo poo.

Ugh that's really disappointing. I never have high expectations for Games Workshop licenced games but thought Streum On would at least turn out something interesting.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Tirade posted:

Ugh that's really disappointing. I never have high expectations for Games Workshop licenced games but thought Streum On would at least turn out something interesting.

You might get more mileage out of it than I did but it just felt so amateurish to me.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

https://twitter.com/okami13_/status/1581084392453451776?s=46&t=Xk42_c7O_iGArYCm4k4MvA

both Failstation and Drecksbox taking a rare L… this game must be optimised like absolute poo poo.

I just read a rumour from gtaforums from guy who is usually "right" about rockstar leaks and apparantly a lot of devs are getting xbx/ps5 mid gen refresh devkits which is lmfao if true. Total poo poo show of a gen.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

It’s 4K30 with RT

Gonna be getting more of that, tbh, graphics chasing aint gonna change but i figured we were a good 3-4 years out from it

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Twibbit posted:

Left 4 dead

14 year old game. Making games like that is lost technology now.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Vikar Jerome posted:

I just read a rumour from gtaforums from guy who is usually "right" about rockstar leaks and apparantly a lot of devs are getting xbx/ps5 mid gen refresh devkits which is lmfao if true. Total poo poo show of a gen.

Absolutely not happening

Also, do not make fun of me when it inevitably happens. I'll just say it was obvious all along and nobody ever said otherwise (including me)

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I can see it happening because that would be the most dumb hilarious thing for them to do, i can see xbox doing it because they want consoles as mobile phones and sony would need to compete, just hilarious hearing about it with no proper next gen games yet after 2 years lol.

I wouldnt buy one tho, not unless it was double the size of ps5 and looked even more insane

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Jokes aside, I'm glad we will have a mid-gen refresh just in time for the first wave of games to finally start hitting next-gen consoles

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Finally the PS5 might have a game

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
I hear people talking, I hear all the people saying that Gotham Knights is this generation’s Bloodborne

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

next xbox is a streaming stick for gamepass. next playstation is the ps5.1, it's gonna cost and weigh 800 pounds

Kazzah posted:

I hear people talking, I hear all the people saying that Gotham Knights is this generation’s Bloodborne

many people saying this in my TL

Vikar Jerome posted:

Gonna be getting more of that, tbh, graphics chasing aint gonna change but i figured we were a good 3-4 years out from it

shant be buying 30fps games. even Sony seem to be pushing for 60 in their cinematic sad dad games.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

RareAcumen posted:

14 year old game. Making games like that is lost technology now.

Vermintide, Darktide. Back4Blood was also pretty fun even if it was sort of a mess.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

8 minutes of dead space

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96yUNw2zfW4

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Vikar Jerome posted:

I can see it happening because that would be the most dumb hilarious thing for them to do, i can see xbox doing it because they want consoles as mobile phones and sony would need to compete, just hilarious hearing about it with no proper next gen games yet after 2 years lol.

I wouldnt buy one tho, not unless it was double the size of ps5 and looked even more insane

I mean if we’re at the rumor/developers getting onboarded stage right now, that puts us at about when the PS4 Pro got announced, relatively speaking. 2013 launch for the PS4, Pro announced and released in 2016, and the PS5 is just about to hit two years old.

If they commit to it being as soft a split as the PS4/Pro was (ie: No hard cutoffs for game compatibility) I can see it happening at least eventually. Seemed to work for ‘em just fine last time. :shrug:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

the difference is they actually made games for the ps4

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Imagine the upgrade patch for The Last Of Us: Part I though :drool:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Imagine the upgrade patch for The Last Of Us: Part I though :drool:

Upgrade DLC they will sell at full price

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The Last Of Us: Part I Remastered , €80 :cheers:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

veni veni veni posted:

Vermintide, Darktide. Back4Blood was also pretty fun even if it was sort of a mess.

Helldivers.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

30fps with the graphics sliders turned up as much as they can has been the console standard for years, I'm only surprised this is the first high profile game to do it.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
The ps5 is really good *plays nothing but ps1-ps3 games on it*

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm playing a WiiU game on it

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

30fps with the graphics sliders turned up as much as they can has been the console standard for years, I'm only surprised this is the first high profile game to do it.

it doesn't look very good tho

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

shant be buying 30fps games.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
loving HELL the “PS5 has no games” posts are soooooo old and tired you guys haven’t come up with a new spin on the joke in months and months it’s just the same thing repeated eternally

e: please pretend I edited this to be more chill

Escobarbarian fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Oct 15, 2022

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Replaying Shadow of the Colossus and can someone please ask Bluepoint to remake Ico and The Last Guardian so I can play them properly in TYOOL 2022 tyvm.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

stev posted:

Replaying Shadow of the Colossus and can someone please ask Bluepoint to remake Ico

:cheers:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Last Guardian doesn’t need a remake

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Escobarbarian posted:

Last Guardian doesn’t need a remake

Yep. Could do with a PS5 patch but it'll never happen.

Escobarbarian posted:

it’s just the same thing repeated eternally

Sounds like the output of one Naughty Dog studios!!!

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Yep. Could do with a PS5 patch but it'll never happen.

I'd be satisfied with this.

e: actually lets save some time and get Bluepoint to start work on a remake of genDesign's next game now.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm sure Bluepoint got upgraded to 'actually allowed to make their own games' recently

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

Sakurazuka posted:

I'm sure Bluepoint got upgraded to 'actually allowed to make their own games' recently

yeah pretty sure they started working on an "original IP" after they finished demons souls. but i thought i'd also read that they were working a remake of another playstation classic simultaneously, i don't think they've said much besides the stuff about their original title.

imhotep fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Oct 15, 2022

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

preordered Gotham knights and Skull and Bones to celebrate me purchasing real estate in the metaverse! hype!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Escobarbarian posted:

loving HELL the “PS5 has no games” posts are soooooo old and tired you guys haven’t come up with a new spin on the joke in months and months it’s just the same thing repeated eternally

e: please pretend I edited this to be more chill

What ps5 games are you playing