Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

James Earl Jones was only paid $7k for voicing Darth Vader in A New Hope. David Prowse never saw a dime more than his original fee for acting him. Hollywood accounting is bullshit for everyone involved who's not at the top.

E for content and less of a lovely snipe: Serious Sam collection is going physical, and Kotaku says Scorn needs more dicks.

Waffle! fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Oct 15, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Hrist posted:

Douglas Bowser closely monitors the thread. And every time people start to make things look grim, he presses the "make another youtube about the Pro" button.

Given that he's an ex Electronic Arts exec, I'll be glad when he's gone. The fruit never falls far from the tree.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Spellman posted:

It was a layup

Well I had fun making it :tipshat:

Also I didn't realize until posting it but I'm sorry for using such a high res image of Mr. Pratt; there's definitely too much detail there

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Mister Facetious posted:

Given that he's an ex Electronic Arts exec, I'll be glad when he's gone. The fruit never falls far from the tree.

Faces like Reggie Fils-Aimé don't grow on trees, incidentally

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Scholtz posted:

Well I had fun making it :tipshat:

Also I didn't realize until posting it but I'm sorry for using such a high res image of Mr. Pratt; there's definitely too much detail there

The timg tag will put it into a small thumbnail, which expands when clicked (but never more than the width of your window)

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Spellman posted:

Faces like Reggie Fils-Aimé don't grow on trees, incidentally

No, they don't.

They come from angels. :allears:

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

404notfound posted:

The timg tag will put it into a small thumbnail, which expands when clicked (but never more than the width of your window)

..I know about timg tags. Images don't break tables anymore so there's no real reason to use them unless you're posting a gargantuan image or several images in a row. I was just talking about the amount of detail you can see in the photo.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
you'd better watch out, they know about timg tags!

rox
Sep 7, 2016

whos tim g

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

timga balls

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

haha what posted:

whos tim g

he's the guy who makes really long you tubes

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

he's the guy who makes really long you tubes

:golfclap:

Flops
Mar 28, 2010

Look at all these lovely posts!

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme posted:

How does Dragon Ball Fighterz play on the switch? I'd rather get it for PC but it's hugely on sale on the switch right now

In game, I rarely ever notice it's the switch version vs the PC version. It's basically 1-to-1. However, the load time for matches can take somewhere around 15 seconds. I have the Switch version for portable local play, so I don't know how bad the latency is for online matches.

Edit: Also, try and get a version that has the unlocks for Blue Goku, Blue Vegeta, and Android 21 so you don't waste time unlocking them

Flops fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Oct 15, 2022

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

Upsidads posted:

So TOEM what's it like?

I picked it up in the sale yesterday, it feels like if A Short Hike was about photography instead of platforming. Very chill and low stakes, you just wander around taking pictures and helping people (generally by taking pictures). Complete enough sidequests and you unlock the bus to the next area, so you can wander around and take photographs for people over there.

The way it switches from overhead isometric for normal gameplay to first person from your character's pov for photography is pretty neat, plus it has a walkman you unlock new songs for and a compendium where you take pictures of all the wildlife. I'm enjoying it so far.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Flops posted:

In game, I rarely ever notice it's the switch version vs the PC version. It's basically 1-to-1. However, the load time for matches can take somewhere around 15 seconds. I have the Switch version for portable local play, so I don't know how bad the latency is for online matches.

Edit: Also, try and get a version that has the unlocks for Blue Goku, Blue Vegeta, and Android 21 so you don't waste time unlocking them

Genuinely curious, what controller do you use for portable local play of DBFZ?

rox
Sep 7, 2016

Snake Maze posted:

I picked it up in the sale yesterday, it feels like if A Short Hike was about photography instead of platforming. Very chill and low stakes, you just wander around taking pictures and helping people (generally by taking pictures). Complete enough sidequests and you unlock the bus to the next area, so you can wander around and take photographs for people over there.

The way it switches from overhead isometric for normal gameplay to first person from your character's pov for photography is pretty neat, plus it has a walkman you unlock new songs for and a compendium where you take pictures of all the wildlife. I'm enjoying it so far.

that sounds pretty rad

i love a short hike

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

KingSlime posted:

For persona 4 golden, do you guys know if the January release is going to differ from the steam version? Are they releasing a new version on steam too or basically just porting that one to consoles?

From what I'm reading it sounds like it will be a straight port of the steam version, so I'm kind of tempted to just buy that today on my deck But if there's going to be some notable differences, I'd rather wait until January!

Also, I'm curious if the switch version is going to hit 60 frames? I saw footage of the PC version and even though it's not an action game, the battle animations look pretty cool in 60 FPS

I imagine it's going to be the same game that was on the Vita and is now on Steam

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Waffle! posted:

James Earl Jones was only paid $7k for voicing Darth Vader in A New Hope. David Prowse never saw a dime more than his original fee for acting him. Hollywood accounting is bullshit for everyone involved who's not at the top.

$7,000 Is about $35,000 today. Not great money but not exactly a pittance, especially since Harrison Ford was only paid about $10,000. But most people were raked over the coals for the first Star Wars, except for Guinness and Hamill and Daniels.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
This whole Kamiya poo poo guarantees I’m not buying any Bayonetta for a long long time, if ever.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Walla posted:

$7,000 Is about $35,000 today. Not great money but not exactly a pittance, especially since Harrison Ford was only paid about $10,000. But most people were raked over the coals for the first Star Wars, except for Guinness and Hamill and Daniels.

Was that the thing where people were promised profits from Star Wars and then there's been creative accounting ever since to make it so Star Wars has never made a cent of profit.

Flops
Mar 28, 2010

Look at all these lovely posts!

Scholtz posted:

Genuinely curious, what controller do you use for portable local play of DBFZ?

My friends and I play for fun and are not great/serious players. We use pro controllers normally while single joycons are kind of a last ditch, "if we really want to play on a trip" thing.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

hadji murad posted:

This whole Kamiya poo poo guarantees I’m not buying any Bayonetta for a long long time, if ever.

It’s killed my enthusiasm completely and I’ve been a Platinum fan since the beginning pretty much. Really upsetting.

His schtick was funny when messing with overeager fans but it’s really lovely in this situation. I don’t think I’ll ever buy another game unless they did something like apologize and recast Hellena with fair pay.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
They'll never cast her again after this stunt I'd say

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

:whitewater:

https://twitter.com/sonicmega/status/1581330480179208192

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

SeANMcBAY posted:

It’s killed my enthusiasm completely and I’ve been a Platinum fan since the beginning pretty much. Really upsetting.

His schtick was funny when messing with overeager fans but it’s really lovely in this situation. I don’t think I’ll ever buy another game unless they did something like apologize and recast Hellena with fair pay.

Fortunately you probably won't have to worry because if Bayo3 underperforms badly I doubt the studio survives. Babylon's Fall is going to be remembered as a hilarious disaster for years to come.

There is no chance of them bringing the voice actress back though. She apparently broke an NDA in a way designed to intentionally sabotage sales, which is both totally justified and going to blacklist her incredibly hard. She even recognized that by going effectively "I don't got poo poo anyway, sue me."

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

ImpAtom posted:

Fortunately you probably won't have to worry because if Bayo3 underperforms badly I doubt the studio survives. Babylon's Fall is going to be remembered as a hilarious disaster for years to come.

I won’t be too upset if they do. I don’t know what the gently caress they’ve been doing lately with stuff like that crappy 40 dollar shmup.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

SeANMcBAY posted:

I won’t be too upset if they do. I don’t know what the gently caress they’ve been doing lately with stuff like that crappy 40 dollar shmup.

wasnt even a good shmup

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Maybe Platinum just didn't want to work with her anymore?

Bayonetta is pretty much the only voice acting she's done since 2009, and her contract might have had some sort of "right of first refusal" to play the character in future works, so they lowball her with an offer that's not worth her time so they can get someone else to do it? It's not like Jennifer Hale is going to be cheaper than someone with basically no other VA work.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

hatty posted:

wasnt even a good shmup

And where the gently caress is the W101 dlc I backed like 4 years ago. How long does it take to make dlc for a 10 year old game.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I completely forgot about the W101 DLC. Platinum has really gone to poo poo since Scalebound got canned. Astral Chain being good feels like an anomaly

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Nier: Automata was good too, though

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

ImpAtom posted:

She apparently broke an NDA in a way designed to intentionally sabotage sales, which is both totally justified and going to blacklist her incredibly hard.
Heh, a little late for my December 2017 Amazon preorder (along with Kirby Star Allies, Yoshi's Crafted World, and uh, Metroid Prime 4), back when Amazon was still doing 20% preorder discounts.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

I mean, blacklisted from what? Bayonetta is the only acting work she's had for over 10 years. Something caused her to lose that role, and once she had lost it she quite literally has nothing else to lose, acting-wise.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
From future voice acting work in video games presumably?

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Is Platinum struggling? I don't play their type of games but I remember when "Yoko Taro is partnering with Platinum so one of his games will finally have both good gameplay and good story?! This is a dream come true!" was the talk of the internet, and then Nier Automata was a massive success that lived up to all that hype. Before that, Revengeance was another massive success.

I thought everybody loved them.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

NikkolasKing posted:

Is Platinum struggling? I don't play their type of games but I remember when "Yoko Taro is partnering with Platinum so one of his games will finally have both good gameplay and good story?! This is a dream come true!" was the talk of the internet, and then Nier Automata was a massive success that lived up to all that hype. Before that, Revengeance was another massive success.

I thought everybody loved them.

Babylon's Fall was a horrible, horrible, critical and financial flop.

Their work with Activision was mostly a bust too.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Saying they're gonna focus of Live service games just has me disappointed I think, they haven't put out an original single player 3D action game that I haven't liked

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Scholtz posted:

Maybe Platinum just didn't want to work with her anymore?

Bayonetta is pretty much the only voice acting she's done since 2009, and her contract might have had some sort of "right of first refusal" to play the character in future works, so they lowball her with an offer that's not worth her time so they can get someone else to do it? It's not like Jennifer Hale is going to be cheaper than someone with basically no other VA work.

its importantn instead we wildly speculate with barely any information and curse our percieved enemies before even knowing if they w are in fact our enemies. oorah.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

NikkolasKing posted:

Is Platinum struggling?
I don't know about struggling but they've been trying to break out as a publisher of their own IP instead of just being a contract studio--something that's very costly to do--and The Wonderful 101: Remastered (which they bought from Nintendo) and Sol Cresta didn't do particularly well. So if they flop on their contract work too they won't get future contract work and that's a big problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Wasn't Astral Chain kind of a financial flop? I only liked their Transformers game. And even then, I remember being super disappointed that it was about 6 hours long on my first playthrough while taking my time. I didn't like how Nier Automata played either, since it felt like an auto combo equivalent. Like, I know it literally has an equip for auto combos too. But even manual inputs didn't matter much.