Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

Russian Bear posted:

A series of unfortunate events that would lead to a Miller overall win would be hilarious to watch unfold.

This would be fantastic to watch unfold

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dema
Aug 13, 2006

Slavvy posted:

Aleix breaks down in the middle of the track, fabio crashes trying to avoid it, bagnaia shortly thereafter crashes when he realizes he's won the championship, Miller cruises to another win

I want to see Aleix take it, but this works too.

Bummed he didn't better capitalize on yesterday's race. Bad racing with his initial BB pass/contact.

Speaking of which, never did see a replay of how, at the end, he finally passed Franky and got passed by BB at the end.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Slavvy posted:

Aleix breaks down in the middle of the track, fabio crashes trying to avoid it, bagnaia shortly thereafter crashes when he realizes he's won the championship, Miller cruises to another win

Ducati finally win the thing they’ve been chasing for a decade, but they are mad about it because it’s with the “wrong” rider.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Russian Bear posted:

Ducati finally win the thing they’ve been chasing for a decade, but they are mad about it because it’s with the “wrong” rider.

Winning it with the guy that's leaving would be the most Ducati outcome

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

The Ducati World Champion goes to KTM, finishes 9th in the championship and KTM fires him 1 year into his contract because its very obviously him and not the bike's fault.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

italian quid posted:

The Ducati World Champion goes to KTM, finishes 9th in the championship and KTM fires him 1 year into his contract because its very obviously him and not the bike's fault.

Correct

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

italian quid posted:

ooff, painfully accurate

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Everyone: motorcycle racing is the science of gradual honing and building on knowledge accumulated over decades with humans and machines alternately moving the state of the art forward one step at a time

KTM: we can do this with an app

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005
Hey Eastern States of Australia - plz fix your lovely weather thx

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

loving the evening schedule this weekend (I'm on EST). Hope Fabio can pull some magic.

Also, just want to say that I loving love this sport. Only started following in 2020 and wish I had done much earlier.

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

Lol drat australia

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Lol there's the video
https://twitter.com/motogp/status/1580757616946741249

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

GriszledMelkaba posted:

Lol drat australia

God bless this country

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Real bring props to Raul Fernandez for being so loving anonymous this season that when he popped up to 15th as "RFer" in FP3 today it caused me to have a solid 15 second long existential crisis of wondering how the gently caress Romano Fenati had managed to grab a MotoGP seat

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

That save from Marc should hopefully kill any ideas that he isn't still the best by far

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

Just catching up on quali.

Marc bringing the insanity back.

Was expecting more from Miller, but shame on me.

I'm p sure Fabio needed to be out there with a tow to be on the front row. I think that was a huge +ve for Marc following Pecco.

lol Binales.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Marq :sickos:

This is gonna be a banger race.

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

I am unconvinced Jack Miller deserves a corner.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Toe Rag posted:

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

SocksAndSandals posted:

Just catching up on quali.

Marc bringing the insanity back.

Was expecting more from Miller, but shame on me.

I'm p sure Fabio needed to be out there with a tow to be on the front row. I think that was a huge +ve for Marc following Pecco.

lol Binales.

Rest assured qualifying at this track means next to nothing

Unless you're on a Yamaha that stops working when it's in a big group

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Toe Rag posted:

Undecided if this was dumber than retiring Loris Capirossi's number or not

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

italian quid posted:

Undecided if this was dumber than retiring Loris Capirossi's number or not

Lmao forgot about this

They'll need to open it up to triple digits MX style soon

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005
Moto3 nail biter! Happy for Guevara and my man Oncu, pity Kelso faded a bit at the end but awesome race for him too

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Ogura got a helluva get out of jail free card for that Moto2 race

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
What a race, holy poo poo.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Yeah, best race of the year from any series

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

Yeah good race. The packed-up races are wild. I was hoping for a Miller DNF obv but not like that. Perfect corner for it, though :D

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Lol binales

Lol Alex

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Now that was pod racing. The only way it could have been better is if Fabio didn’t crash and worked his way back into the top 10.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Absolutely beautiful race. Always great when there's 3 laps to go and I've got no loving clue who is gonna win. 2020 Fabio is back lol.

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

What an amazing set of races. the motogp race felt like moto3 lol

Rins outta fuckin nowhere wtf lol.

Wow Enea, what a ride.

Miller awful luck but idk if he would have managed his tires anyway...

Great, great track. Top 5. Mebbe top 3.

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

Hey, didn't know this thread existed, just came from the F1 thread! Started following MotoGP more seriously when Miguel Oliveira started showing promise in Moto3, hopefully Ducati will treat him better than KTM.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Average Lettuce posted:

Hey, didn't know this thread existed, just came from the F1 thread! Started following MotoGP more seriously when Miguel Oliveira started showing promise in Moto3, hopefully Ducati will treat him better than KTM.

Welcome!

Shouldn’t be hard since KTM is lovely to their riders all the time.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

That was a hell of a race, but I feel like it was a throwback PI race the kind we just get sometimes - pack of 10 swapping spots throughout, this could be 2022 or 2001 for all I know.

Good poo poo though, and who would have thought the by-god Suzuki would win that. Rins on Repsol next year could be interesting.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Average Lettuce posted:

Aprilia would probably have something to say about that!

harperdc posted:

That was a hell of a race, but I feel like it was a throwback PI race the kind we just get sometimes - pack of 10 swapping spots throughout, this could be 2022 or 2001 for all I know.

Good poo poo though, and who would have thought the by-god Suzuki would win that. Rins on Repsol next year could be interesting.

He'll be on an LCR and he will crash and burn, sadly

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Rins' style is not a good fit for the Honda. I expect Mir will do better but I've seen the "hotshot upstart takes the second repsol seat with tons of optimism" movie too many times to believe anything good will come of it.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

italian quid posted:

Rins' style is not a good fit for the Honda. I expect Mir will do better but I've seen the "hotshot upstart takes the second repsol seat with tons of optimism" movie too many times to believe anything good will come of it.

Yeah the Mir deal reminds me of the Lorenzo deal cause it looks like they decided they were getting a screaming bargain on a world champion without bothering to look under the bonnet

Rins is doomed unless Honda can somehow condense 5 years of development into half a season to turn their 2016 Ducati copy into a 2021 Ducati copy

And then the utterly baffling 'continuity' decision to keep nakagami. Continuity of what, poo poo results without a clue? What's the point you have bradl doing that for a full-time job, what they need is moto2 talent with no pressure to try to get to grips with their bike from scratch and maybe make some headway

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

Slavvy posted:

Aprilia would probably have something to say about that!

lol last I heard he was going to Gresini, but I guess I don't really follow any MotoGP news anywhere, I just turn up to the races when I can. What's the best way to follow MotoGP news?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I honestly think the Nakagami thing happened purely because Ogura very wisely realised that the more time Honda has to sort out their poo poo show before he gets on the bike the better he will look so he isn't in a rush to grab that seat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter

Average Lettuce posted:

lol last I heard he was going to Gresini, but I guess I don't really follow any MotoGP news anywhere, I just turn up to the races when I can. What's the best way to follow MotoGP news?

Motomatters.com is my favorite. A lot of his deeper stuff is paywalled but I think it’s worth it, I’ve been reading his coverage since I got into MotoGP back in like 2008. Mat Oxley at Motorsport.com is also good, the-race.com has some good news coverage if a little clickbaity, and all of these are active on Twitter which is great.

Loved that race. Love how much Marquez loves racing - I feel like he’s the last guy left that really revels in close racing like that.