Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Completely out of nowhere, some new chapters of Majo-senpai Nippou, which ended like two years ago! Delightful!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

kidcoelacanth posted:

Completely out of nowhere, some new chapters of Majo-senpai Nippou, which ended like two years ago! Delightful!
:derp:
It's still hella cute.

Someone started scanlating Vol.2 of The Model & The Plain Manager

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
A School Zone for the ages.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Yatsude is the true hero, fixing everyone around her.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I read through A Story About Smoking at the Back of the Supermarket, which has been making the rounds lately and won some award, and it really is engrossing despite the pretty simple premise. A good read and now I want more.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

kidcoelacanth posted:

I read through A Story About Smoking at the Back of the Supermarket, which has been making the rounds lately and won some award, and it really is engrossing despite the pretty simple premise. A good read and now I want more.

It's nice but I hate reading in progress poo poo because it takes so long to get new chapters. Someone grab some nice old poo poo that's finished and also actually scanlated all the way through lol

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

kidcoelacanth posted:

This is cute, but man her band-aid budget has got to be through the roof to keep up the illusion to get her fill of old man* moe.

*Probably like in his mid-30s.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

kidcoelacanth posted:

This man is impressively dense.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Brought To You By posted:

This man is impressively dense.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i finished the Walls Between Us by Haru Tsukishima. it's not really anything special but i enjoyed it. you'd think with how much i complain about manga set in high school id be sick to death of it but im not. it's got some good jokes in it anyway.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Oh yeah Larry, you might enjoy some of Moto Hagio's older works. I'd say start by reading their short story collection A Drunken Dream

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

kidcoelacanth posted:

This is cute, why is there so little of it...

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the real daughter is back has a completely generic setup but it looks to be going in an interesting direction. basically, the mc's grand revenge against her horribly abusive family is to simply leave when they are completely dependent on her. she teleported away when no one else can teleport or knows she can do so, with the situation she left behind having a harsh time limit before it explodes in everyone else's faces. even if they knew where she went, it is physically impossible for anyone to get to her in time. there is also a standard obsessive male lead, but she ditched his rear end too without really giving him much thought. it's unlikely that she will simply stay away for the month or so necessary for her plan to work since there wouldn't really be much of a story that way. still, i hope she does.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1014093

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1014150

13 and 14 of Polar Opposites

We learn their first names!

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
drat i finished living room matsunaga-san and it pwns lol. also, it's the first romance boyfriend I can think of who is like, uh, I don't know how to put this. not drawn like a pop star or a regular guy lmfao. he's hot but doesn't have the pretty boy or square jawed older man thing going. it's somewhere in between. i was like why is he standing out so much to me? and then I realized I'd never seen that lol.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

If I Get Serious, I Can Kill You is a quick, pleasant not exactly romcom by a person who seems to have lifted weights once and then was activated. It's ultimately about being true to and valuing yourself.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
https://twitter.com/lossthief/status/1575237232319135744?s=46&t=31sbuZLVJ-2YcUgsBWnSTQ

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

there are so many layers going on here

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Is there any word on what the series is called?

Terry van Feleday
Jun 6, 2010

Free Your Mind

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

Is there any word on what the series is called?
"Crossplay Love: Otaku x Punk"

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
I'm pretty sure I read this one before many months ago, so I'm not exactly sure what's going on here

Terry van Feleday
Jun 6, 2010

Free Your Mind

ZiegeDame posted:

I'm pretty sure I read this one before many months ago, so I'm not exactly sure what's going on here
The japanese version has been out since 2018, but the officially licensed Seven Seas release came out just a few days ago.

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

A portly feline wizard waddles forth, muttering something about conjured food.

Finished the Kimi ni Todoke anime last night. I enjoyed it. But I wish it had been an episode or 2 longer, so I could have more of a peek at the protag's life after the climax. Also, I wasn't a huge fan of the art style but I liked the chibi/comedy faces. So round! I'll be interested to see the live-action series that's coming next year.

Also read the Hi Score Girl manga. Apparently this is seinen stuff, but the main relationship really got me in the feels. Even though I'm not huge into fighting games, I love retro stuff in general so I recognized nearly all of the references (<3 the PC-Engine shoutouts). All the characters seemed to be around the same age as me. At first I was really turned off by the hideous artwork and focus on fighting games, but I stuck with it and I'm glad I did. The art did improve over the course of the series, and the FGC angle seemed like just a vehicle for the romance.

Ofecks fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Oct 6, 2022

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Well if you want Kimi ni Todoke to go on for way longer than necessary you can always read the manga

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

I plan to re-visit most of the series I've seen on TV via manga at some point. And the opposite for HSG, next time I'm subbed to Netflix, I'll definitely watch the anime.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Has anyone here read Kaoru Hana wa Rin to Saku? It's a really sweet series so far, with a vaguely Angel Densetsu set up (boy with a really intimidating face is really a sweetheart underneath) plus Romeo/Juliet (the male mc attends a bottom-feeder boy's high while the female mc attends the ritzy girl's school that hates them). It also has a lot of great moments with both the guy and girl friend groups, who aren't just afterthoughts, as well as a pair of extremely supportive parents.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

BearDrivingTruck posted:

Has anyone here read Kaoru Hana wa Rin to Saku? It's a really sweet series so far, with a vaguely Angel Densetsu set up (boy with a really intimidating face is really a sweetheart underneath) plus Romeo/Juliet (the male mc attends a bottom-feeder boy's high while the female mc attends the ritzy girl's school that hates them). It also has a lot of great moments with both the guy and girl friend groups, who aren't just afterthoughts, as well as a pair of extremely supportive parents.

I've been keeping up. It at times feels a little too saccharine, but that is hardly the worst criticism around. I really enjoy it, as a sucker for the gentle/heart of gold delinquent archetype.

Also, it cannot be emphasized enough that the author has gotten 'cute girl smiling' down to a perfected science.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Thanks for the rec. I like the art a lot lol.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Yeah, the art is charmingly rough

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

BearDrivingTruck posted:

this is good but i don't think i've ever seen so many apologies per chapter

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lol it pisses me off so bad when I read a manga and the Spanish scanlators are way ahead of English. I'm not very literate in Spanish but it's almost good enough for your average manga, but it wouldn't be nearly as enjoyable, and it would just end up making me more upset. Anyway it sucks that the English guys are apparently 20 chapters behind. Don't these people share raws...? Are they beefing with the Latin guys? Whatever.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

The Girl I Like Forgot Her Glasses...?

punching a wall until the next chapter comes out come ONNN

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

kidcoelacanth posted:

punching a wall until the next chapter comes out come ONNN

That's quite a cliffhanger. See you in a month, I guess!

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Turns out Marriage Toxin is a really loving good romance manga, y'all should read it.

Haystack fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Nov 2, 2022

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
The mangaka for Sweat and Soap has started yet another series on top of her current series. New one is called Telework Yotabanashi and it's mercifully a story with short chapters because I'd hate for her to burn out juggling too many projects. Story is two neighbors and the trajectory they have to getting married as the future husband is told to work from home by his job.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Haystack posted:

Turns out Marriage Toxin is a really loving good romance manga, y'all should read it.

I think the only real question at present with that series is whether the protagonist (a) goes for the harem route, or (b) subjects his horrible family to an endless pharmaceutical nightmare until they accept that he can have a husband and his sister can have a wife.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
New chapters of Cuprum no Hanayome, thank god, I was starting to lose hope: https://comick.fun/comic/cuprum-s-bride/3gOZ9-chapter-16-en

edit: Oh, I see why. It was licensed. Yay!

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Nov 7, 2022

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
Spent the last few days leading up to Fall Quarter binging the Nodame Cantabile anime again, which I have now experienced in every Japanese iteration (manga, anime, live action, although I haven't seen live action Paris episodes yet). I really love this series a lot despite parts of it ageing...not great. At some point I need to check out the Korean live-action, although I've heard it's not that good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

Haystack posted:

This fun af thanks for posting