Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Hi! I'm trying to get my elderly mother into Animal Crossing and she skipped through the tutorials. How can I get her back on track? I don't remember anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

talk to nook

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Thanks!

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

EvilJoven posted:

I got a real bad headache I think it might be Covid or that lovely cold going around. Splatoon is too fast paced for how I feel so I'm wandering around in BOTW and playing a lil Kirby.

Xenoblade 3 can be made to basically play itself and that's a godsend if you find yourself unable to get up off the blankets on the floor.

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015

PowerBeard posted:

Make it the grunts and other noises from Yooka Laylee, before they patched in the option to reduce it / turn it of.

Ehh Ehhh Ehhhhh

Grrrr Gur Gur Gur Gur Grrrrrrrrrr

The volume options in RPGs should only control the music, the grunts remain loud.

All JRPG dialogue should be replaced by the characters pointing and grunting at each other like in the Prehistoric chapter of Live a Live.

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

Item Getter posted:

All JRPG dialogue should be replaced by the characters wildly pantomiming like in Super Mario RPG.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

PowerBeard posted:

Make it the grunts and other noises from Yooka Laylee, before they patched in the option to reduce it / turn it of.

Ehh Ehhh Ehhhhh

Grrrr Gur Gur Gur Gur Grrrrrrrrrr

The volume options in RPGs should only control the music, the grunts remain loud.

I swear to god if this doesn't become law by years end I am officially boycotting Nintendo (only their home console division not their handheld division)

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

After a short break, back on Xenoblade and I just fought a DJ and the game is the coolest rpg I have played
I love the foes
I love the crew
No I didn't use spoilers but that's pretty dang cryptic unless you get there
What a blast
Also joycons are king for flights with tiny rear end trays, stedeck needs joycons

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

You can sync joycons to the Deck. IIRC Steam Input knows what to do with them. You can even set Steam to use the Nintendo layout with Nintendo controllers.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

obi_ant posted:

Is this really a thing? Wonder why they were blocking so many people.

iirc said goon blocked all women on sight

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Hammer Bro. posted:

Xenoblade 3 can be made to basically play itself and that's a godsend if you find yourself unable to get up off the blankets on the floor.

This is how I spent the weekend, would recommend

Just wrapping side quests up in a haze

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Tayter Swift posted:

iirc said goon blocked all women on sight
Sounds like he was doing a service for the women on the forum, they didn't have to deal with him anymore :classiclol:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

obi_ant posted:

Is this really a thing? Wonder why they were blocking so many people.

I remember when the person was banned, the message was something like "clippin coupons and blocking people" and I think they only posted in the coupons forums and were blocking anyone they didn't want to deal with.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Reik posted:

I was making a joke that someone that didn't know who Tara Strong is is supervillainpon. Did you think I actually thought Tara Strong did Riku's voice?

I thought you were making the ol' "you probably know of her, she played Rikku in that one jrpg" joke where you comically post the wrong Riku on purpose.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Astro7x posted:

Any advice for dealing with 8bitdo controller input lag? It's just borderline unusable. I like the controller itself and what it does, but not if I can't get the lag to the same as the Pro Controller or Joycons.

Have you updated the firmware? There are PC/Mac, and I think mobile apps that can be used to do this, which you definitely need to do when you buy a new 8bitdo controller. After that, your lag will likely be gone. They work constantly on their firmware and an outdated controller is the only time I ever experience lag, outside of a few random times where I have to re-pair one with the Switch.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Commander Keene posted:

You can sync joycons to the Deck. IIRC Steam Input knows what to do with them. You can even set Steam to use the Nintendo layout with Nintendo controllers.

I know that and it's pretty neat but it's just more crap to toss in the sack, even the razor deck knockoff is making some detachable cons.
I'm assuming it's the trackpads being bad for a split interface or valve just being rigid in concepts.

I'm excited for deck v2 but I don't think anyone expects anything more than more pixels, oled, more power and maybe just maybe it's thinner

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Whole lot of Steam Deck posts again...

...is the console so lovely that there isn't a thread to discuss it in?

The Sean fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Oct 17, 2022

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I thought you were making the ol' "you probably know of her, she played Rikku in that one jrpg" joke where you comically post the wrong Riku on purpose.

oh lol she was the voice of Rikku? what a trainwreck of posts!

Reik fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Oct 17, 2022

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
What’s the deal with the new Trails games coming to the Switch? Would be nice if they released Cold Steel 1 and 2, but that’s apparently impossible.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Which games? If you mens Zero/Azure, they're the two games in between Sky and Cold Steel that originally got passed over for localisation back in the day.

Cold Steel 1&2 have Switch ports in Japan but the western translation is in limbo because it was done by Xseed who no longer have the license.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

From the outside it looks like there is a lot of consternation with the speed of localization (and a takedown of a fan TL program?) for trails games, but I don't know if those are the exact ones that you're talking about for the switch.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Commander Keene posted:

Steam:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UB1YAsPD6U

Nintendo:

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
pingu is too busy enjoying his superior battery life to read your terrible posts

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I play most games listening to podcasts so I don’t care about voice acting. The writing in games is so bad that you could have Orson Welles reading the lines (or not because it would make internet people cry that it wasn’t Steve Whoever doing it) and it wouldn’t matter a jot.

it would to me, i love orson welles and his voice

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

WHY BONER NOW posted:

I watched a review, looks delightful!

chicory is incredible, def check it out if you have any interest whatsoever

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Have you updated the firmware? There are PC/Mac, and I think mobile apps that can be used to do this, which you definitely need to do when you buy a new 8bitdo controller. After that, your lag will likely be gone. They work constantly on their firmware and an outdated controller is the only time I ever experience lag, outside of a few random times where I have to re-pair one with the Switch.

I did do that firmware upgrade first thing.

What I did notice was that restarting my Switch made a difference. It brought the 8BitDo lag down to a point where it was tolerable, but still not as good as the Joycons or Pro Controller.

Very disappointing.... but it's still getting the job done, and I like the turbo/macro functions with the programmable buttons on the backside.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Astro7x posted:

I did do that firmware upgrade first thing.

What I did notice was that restarting my Switch made a difference. It brought the 8BitDo lag down to a point where it was tolerable, but still not as good as the Joycons or Pro Controller.

Very disappointing.... but it's still getting the job done, and I like the turbo/macro functions with the programmable buttons on the backside.

I'm sorry to hear that, can't say I've had lag issues at all with my pro 2 and I use it all the time. Have you contacted their support to see if they can do something for you?

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Looper posted:

chicory is incredible, def check it out if you have any interest whatsoever

Yes, agreed. I have probably spent more time coloring and painting than following the story. I love when random npcs show up to comment on your work or when you place a chair in a random place and then come upon someone chilling out in it later.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

We are less than three weeks away from the release of the only game that matters (Harvestella).

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop

Commander Keene posted:

holy poo poo i can use joycons with my PC :eyepop:

Inzombiac posted:

We are less than three weeks two months away from the release of the only game that matters (Harvestella Akai Katana).

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe

Hammer Bro. posted:

Ya might treat myself since yep it's Covid :toot:

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time

Inzombiac posted:

We are less than three weeks two months away from the release of the only game that matters (Harvestella Akai Katana).

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!
Don’t buy cult of the lamb for Switch late game runs like rear end.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

I really wanna start XB3 but I'm still early in XB2 and busy with a lot of stuff. And before anyone goes on how I could just start 3 now, I've somehow haven't been spoiled on 2 besides some stuff from Smash so I wanna take the opportunity for once.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Calidus posted:

Smh this is why I wait a month or two before getting any switch port I'm interested in. TY for your service fellow goon

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Dorfromantik has a few stutters at times, but the port is solid and the game is good.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Calidus posted:

I literally just finished the endgame* this weekend and I don't know what you're talking about. I even play side-by-side with my partner on a second TV and still haven't experienced anything like this.

*the game can continue forever but there is an end goal that you could technically measure this by

KingSlime posted:

Smh this is why I wait a month or two before getting any switch port I'm interested in. TY for your service fellow goon

Tagging you to see my response.

The Sean fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Oct 17, 2022

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time
Luigi’s Mansion 3 question: I’m pretty early in the game, first five floors with Gooigi unlocked and Boos findable. Without any spoilers, do I have all the abilities unlocked?

I ask because I have the brain worms that make me want to get all the gems on each floor but I don’t want to bash my face against puzzles I don’t have the tools to solve (like the water/fire/ice ability from 1, for example) where the game intends for me to come back later when I have the right tools. Thanks!

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!

The Sean posted:

I literally just finished the endgame* this weekend and I don't know what you're talking about. I even play side-by-side with my partner on a second TV and still haven't experienced anything like this.

*the game can continue forever but there is an end goal that you could technically measure this by

Tagging you to see my response.

I had massive frame drops and stuttering after I hit 16 followers. The spider zone was miserable I would get 2-3 seconds freezes, but somehow had no the issues for the final boss fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Pirate Captain
Jun 6, 2006

Avast ye lubbers, lest ye be scuppered!
I 100%’d Picross S8, quick review if anyone cases: It’s more Picross, which is good, but it’s much easier than the last 2 in the series, which is bad. None of the puzzles reached the same heights of difficulty that S6 and S7 did, and even the bonus huge puzzles were easier, I basically sleepwalked through the whole thing. It’s probably a great first Picross for people who are learning, but as a longtime fan it was just too easy.