Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

It symbolizes Denji not getting laid because everyone who acts like they might want to have sex with him is actually planning to murder him.

Not everybody. Himeno was just drunk, horny, and very glad in the morning that Denji prevented her from doing anything that might qualify as a felony.

She'd hardly tried to murder him at all earlier, too.

RIP puke girl. Of all the women who engaged in inappropriate peer-to-teen choice behavior around Denji, you were the one who did the least to intentionally ruin his life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hallucinogenic Toreador
Nov 21, 2000

Whoooooahh I'd be
Nothin' without you
Baaaaaa-by

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

It symbolizes Denji not getting laid because everyone who acts like they might want to have sex with him is actually planning to murder him.

And War is planning to murder him, so....

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
At least Denji and Power eventually got to the 'consensual exchange of fluids' stage.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Not everybody can say they got to be in a relationship with the first female President of the United States.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

im kinda wondering why pochita's such a Little Guy
i mean the more feared a devil is the more hosed up and scary it is, right? and chainsaws are pretty scary

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

hbag posted:

im kinda wondering why pochita's such a Little Guy
i mean the more feared a devil is the more hosed up and scary it is, right? and chainsaws are pretty scary

pochita’s real form is what we see when he takes over denji’s body, he was diminished when hell worked him over

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

ah, makes sense

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

I can’t find the exact chapter but it mentioned something about devils that get extremely injured change state. I think it’s explicitly mentioned about Pochita, and deeply implied with the war devils weird lil owl.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
War devil was weakened by chainsaw eating parts of it, I forget if it meant literally or just like from it eating nukes and ww2.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

man imagine how hosed the world was before he ate the nuke devil lmao

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Someone mentioned earlier about the cold war not existing and yeah, with nukes and poo poo gone, what we know of it doesn't but it's clear that devils are the new nukes since countries don't seem to give a poo poo about signing contracts to use them.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Would the anime giving Denji's kills a No More Heroes style guitar riff be too much?

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.
One of my friends has been catching up on the manga. I asked them how far they've gotten.

"Just read chapter 80, Denji asked to be Makima's dog, poo poo's getting weird."

"Ah, you're coming up on a banger of a chapter then."

I'm going to hell.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

https://twitter.com/NeurologNyx/status/1581817042860011521

DamnitGannet
Apr 8, 2007

Wow just binged the entire manga after watching episode one of the anime the other day. Good lord anytime I thought I knew what was going on I was proven wrong. I can’t believe I waited this long to read it.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Electric Phantasm posted:

Would the anime giving Denji's kills a No More Heroes style guitar riff be too much?
Absolutely not! I would probably even want more!

Brightman posted:

One of my friends has been catching up on the manga. I asked them how far they've gotten.

"Just read chapter 80, Denji asked to be Makima's dog, poo poo's getting weird."

"Ah, you're coming up on a banger of a chapter then."

I'm going to hell.
:blastu:

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRcXIVQR9g0

Preview for ep 2

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
wonder if they’ll just skip the Muscle Devil encounter

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011

Oxxidation posted:

wonder if they’ll just skip the Muscle Devil encounter

That's the rumor I read

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
Honestly, probably for the best, it really doesn't add much.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Muscle devil was funny on reread, forgettable otherwise. I’d love to see it but will be like whatever if they skip it.

E: that chapter is probably the only real skippable chapter because of how tightly plotted CSM is

Bread Set Jettison fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Oct 18, 2022

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

i completely forgot the muscle devil even happened

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I have no loving idea what a muscle devil is but I’m sure when I reread this I’ll be mildly offended they were cut.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Denji actually had some hesitation and second thoughts toward Makima when he was dealing with Muscle Devil, and I think it was cool to show that not even Denji at his lowest was desperate enough to swallow Makima's hook without some misgivings, as brief as they were.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.
I don't think the muscle devil encounter would necessarily eat up that much time, hell you could probably knock it out in the cold open.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1014453

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

drat the devil hunters club put up a better fight than Yoru

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

ED 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hw1fy7VF_w8

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
Oh that kicks rear end

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Yep, they skipped the Muscle Devil. A bit of a pity, but no big loss.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

rip that dudes daughter i guess lol

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Lt. Lizard posted:

Yep, they skipped the Muscle Devil. A bit of a pity, but no big loss.

On the upside we got more Power. Was expecting the episode to end on her introduction, but we got the part where she kills Sea Cucumber Devil and that owns.

Can't wait for next week.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Interesting, so Yoru can make weapons out of inanimate objects as well? Calling it now, Yoru’s going to weaponise the shoes that Yuko gave her to walk home with.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Hidingo Kojimba posted:

Interesting, so Yoru can make weapons out of inanimate objects as well? Calling it now, Yoru’s going to weaponise the shoes that Yuko gave her to walk home with.

I feel like this was implied earlier when she turned the justice devil's disembodied hand into a hand grenade, but yeah, Yoru mentioned that she can turn anything she owns into a weapon. She's just fixated on turning people into weapons because, I don't know, maybe better craftsmanship? Or maybe just because she's a devil and enjoys torturing people?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Arzaac posted:

I feel like this was implied earlier when she turned the justice devil's disembodied hand into a hand grenade, but yeah, Yoru mentioned that she can turn anything she owns into a weapon. She's just fixated on turning people into weapons because, I don't know, maybe better craftsmanship? Or maybe just because she's a devil and enjoys torturing people?

The chapter definitely states that the inanimate objects turn into lovely weapons compared with the power of friendship poo poo

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

love the devil hunter clubs little hats, very raidou kuzunoha. rip they rear end tho

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Jerkface posted:

The chapter definitely states that the inanimate objects turn into lovely weapons compared with the power of friendship poo poo

Yoru said in chapter 101 the guiltier you feel about creating the weapon the more powerful it will be. So I imagine turning a family heirloom would also be powerful. As mentioned the shoes could probably be decent.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.
The shoes would be decent but Asa is up to bat so I don't think that's the play. No idea where this might go.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

God drat, Yuko has some pretty messed up views on what counts as "bullying". Denji gets a lot of poo poo (some of it deserved, some not) for not having a strong moral compass, but all things considered there really are way worse people in this world who could have been given chainsaw powers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I see one of two outcomes here; either Asa tries to Jojo the War Devil into a mental BSOD or "Save me, Chainsaw Man"