Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
dont you tailpipe-loving dweebs have any better hill to die on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

akadajet posted:

good toys for children to use in low traffic areas

lmao

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

akadajet posted:

bicycles make good toys for children to use in low traffic areas but that’s about it

That's why it's okay to murder cyclists and pedestrians - if they were serious about getting around, they'd be in a car.

Apr 7, 2003

lmao, insanely loving funny

rofl

Apr 7, 2003

what a hoot

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

akadajet posted:

most people in cars will stop at traffic lights and stop signs. cyclists never bother to even slow down

"I only ever notice cyclists when they're breaking the law" is part of why car drivers kill lots of law-abiding cyclists, lmao

Apr 7, 2003

hahahha

lmao

Apr 7, 2003

ahahaha, fuckin child on her baby toy

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
you know i was laughing at him calling you a child living in a low-density area right

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
(it's actually not very lmao)

Apr 7, 2003

ahahahahqaha lmao

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

akadajet posted:

bicycles make good toys for children to use in low traffic areas but that’s about it

lmao

Apr 7, 2003

lol this literal child should have kept his bicycle in child areas

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Yeah, people need to be careful around cyclists because they are slow and exposed.

Apr 7, 2003

thanks for the big lmaos, guys, you showed me how funny you can be

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

what thats a terrible motto

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.
i guess someone taught the chernobyl reactor to ride a bike cause i sure do see a cyclist melting down

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

akadajet posted:

Yeah, people need to be careful around cyclists because they are slow and exposed.

does this stuff make you feel good or what

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

does this stuff make you feel good or what

What? When I see someone on a bike I slow down and get out of the way for them.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
hot take : people in wheelchairs should be allowed to swerve into cyclists

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
shut the gently caress up echinopsis

i'm tired of your idiot edgelord poo poo

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

Jonny 290 posted:

<laughs in a number of asian and european languages at the same time>

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

echinopsis posted:

hot take : people in wheelchairs should be allowed to swerve into cyclists

:confused:

Jonny 290 posted:

shut the gently caress up echinopsis

i'm tired of your idiot edgelord poo poo

:confused: :confused:

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

i rode my bike to the office today and i barely killed anyone. guess there's still the ride home though

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
hell even on foot i nearly get hit by cars in my tiny residential neighborhood constantly despite all the roundabouts and generally being cautious

lots of people trusting waze or something to get them out of the city faster and in a super hurry i guess

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

my neighborhood in berlin had literally no traffic controls. like, forget stop signs, there weren't even any yield signs. as a result people actually had to fuckin pay attention to what was going on

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
really

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

If you think drivers actually try to drive according to the rules in America you’re utterly out of your loving mind.

this also applies to cyclists and as a bonus they think because its a sidewalk it doesn't count

my point wasn't really to say that cyclists are responsible for killing as many people as drivers here, they're not. its a growing problem to the point that the nyc department of transportation started doing separate statistics from other vehicles though

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

This is why cars kill over 40,000 Americans every year, on an upward trajectory every year since 2011. The cyclists caused it.

the greatest trick the devil played: falsifying statistics so all bike accidents are attributed to cars

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

psiox posted:

hell even on foot i nearly get hit by cars in my tiny residential neighborhood constantly despite all the roundabouts and generally being cautious

lots of people trusting waze or something to get them out of the city faster and in a super hurry i guess

there’s a 30mph road near me where I walk my dog and I’d actually like to see cops out there busting people for going 50 but they don’t do much traffic enforcement around here

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Beeftweeter posted:

its fine. most people just get permanently injured instead. they should be saying thanks actually

im something of a total moron myself

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I live in a semi-rural university town so basically nobody who doesn't live right on campus has much of a choice in terms of driving

but I also don't see many bikes on the road since the university has all its own separate bike lanes, mostly filled with students micro-mobiling themselves to the hospital on bird scooters and as far as I know mostly unregulated electric skateboards that can do like 40+mph instead of bicycles

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
riding a bike is super dangerous and the reason is entirely because of cars and their lovely, incompetent, and entitled drivers

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

fart simpson posted:

im something of a total moron myself

some broadway actress got hit a couple of months ago by someone on an electric bike and they died recently after being comatose for a few months. doesn't sound great

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
four wheels bad, two wheels good

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
all wheels bad. if you have to use wheels pay some goddamn attention

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
in honolulu they built a protected bike lane on a very busy street with 5 lanes for cars, two of them for parking (except during rush hour) much to the chagrin of a bunch of car brained lunatics who demanded that all six lanes needed to be for cars only. the main issue is that there are tons of driveways, and the one lane of parking blocks good visibility of the protected bike lane from the cars tuning into the driveways, and so cyclists keep getting clobbered by cars. like this:

code:
S | < | - | - |   |   |
T | B | P | | | C | C |
O | I | A | C | A | A |
R | K | R | A | R | R |
E | E | K | R |   |   |
S |   |   |   |   |   |

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

now cars have gone too far

https://twitter.com/cbssacramento/status/1582861764173209602?s=21&t=6F_yCY7-kNVVL5Q7qFzSSQ

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

See if I can get my VR toilet idea off the ground we can experience this shitter depaite this tragedy

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Stereotype posted:

in honolulu they built a protected bike lane on a very busy street with 5 lanes for cars, two of them for parking (except during rush hour) much to the chagrin of a bunch of car brained lunatics who demanded that all six lanes needed to be for cars only. the main issue is that there are tons of driveways, and the one lane of parking blocks good visibility of the protected bike lane from the cars tuning into the driveways, and so cyclists keep getting clobbered by cars. like this:

code:
S | < | - | - |   |   |
T | B | P | | | C | C |
O | I | A | C | A | A |
R | K | R | A | R | R |
E | E | K | R |   |   |
S |   |   |   |   |   |

they're staggered here to prevent this kind of thing in a lot of places and it seems to work ok. some major roads are set up this way because there wasn't really a better way to redo it i guess (they redid a bunch during the lockdowns). a lot of smaller neighborhoods don't have them at all though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Beeftweeter posted:

some broadway actress got hit a couple of months ago by someone on an electric bike and they died recently after being comatose for a few months. doesn't sound great

some guy walking on the street got shot by another pedestrian a while back and he died too. doesnt sound great