Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

lost judgment spoiler chapter 11 zhao cooking you a nice meal ftw

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
been playing for a bit, does pocket fighter show up in kiwami 2?!?

i miss that goofy incel

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
wait why is this skill “majima construction company”?!?

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

I've tried to play 4 twice, a year apart, and stopped at roughly the same place both times, didn't even get out of Akiyama's chapters I think

Not thrilled by that, it's hard to just "move on to 5" instead, despite already having played 0-3, 6, and 7

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

mp5 posted:

I've tried to play 4 twice, a year apart, and stopped at roughly the same place both times, didn't even get out of Akiyama's chapters I think

Not thrilled by that, it's hard to just "move on to 5" instead, despite already having played 0-3, 6, and 7

I have no shame in saying I put 3 & 4 on easy mode just to blast through them. Could give that a shot

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
oh poo poo there's a cabaret club!?

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

oh poo poo there's a cabaret club!?

yes, but be warned:

you will have this same question about a lot of the other games in the series

kiwami 2 is the last one for a good while where “yes” is a good thing

enjoy good cabaret club while it lasts

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
overall I think I prefer 3 to 4 but enjoyed both enough to get through em. saejima deserved a much better section than he got but his second chapter boss fight is a real good setpiece

the game is also kind enough to have an easy plat so you can ignore most of the completion list

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I like 3 a lot. I played it at release but I think it’s still worthwhile, it helps if you can view it from the lens of “this was the first mainline title not on a PS2”

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

I liked 3. I think it suffers mostly from the other games in the series being so much better, but it's not a bad game in isolation. The only parts I really hated were the block-heavy bosses and the chase sequences.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
the original rgg for ps2 (or the hd ps3 port like i just got) lets you go up the stairs to get into serena without using the elevator and i am slightly freaking out about it

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

ty sub-actuality for av & the kins for sig

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
really enjoying judgement. yagami looks so happy when you win drone racing I love it

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
i know that its different now but i gasped when i walked into purgatory without a load screen…

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

i know that its different now but i gasped when i walked into purgatory without a load screen…

This was me anytime I went into a restaurant in Kiwami 2

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

that was so fuckin sick

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
Been mostly playing Lost Judgment the last few days and it's really great. I'm in chapter 4 but only because I couldn't proceed with school stories in chapter 3 anymore.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
going hard on every substory, doing cabaret and eating/drinking a ton with hangover cures and appstim rxs....

im on this chapter 6 story mission and kiryu is like loving neo in the matirx

got drat

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

man nurse posted:

I like 3 a lot. I played it at release but I think it’s still worthwhile, it helps if you can view it from the lens of “this was the first mainline title not on a PS2”

3 is definitely worth playing, just mainline the story and probably play it on easy. 4 is absolutely skippable, particularly because it doesn't have a plot.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
i think the baseball minigame is going to prevent me from plat on kiwami 2

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

i think the baseball minigame is going to prevent me from plat on kiwami 2

It's a little easier with the blue bat that gives you a larger hit radius but especially at the higher tiers it's just down to repetition and memorizing the pitch patterns

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
im sure i can do it by grinding it out but in a game ive otherwise absolutely loved i dont want it souring my taste

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I love kaito in judgement

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

The judgment games are really good but the supporting cast really carries how lame takeyuki yagami is

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/Zari_Wari/status/1586097047878279168

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

----------------

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

lol

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

Lmfao

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

just finished the kaito dlc. [tbh i'd be fine if the judgment games continued with him as a dumbass yakuza columbo type.

----------------

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

I finished Judgment and Lost Judgment and the games really rule. Yagami is super fun to play as in Lost Judgment (Snake Style really ties it all together imo)

Kaito DLC is great too. It just really highlights how bland Yagami is by comparison. Kaito owns. I also missed dumb macho poo poo like this: (spoilered cos it's the final (post game?) boss of the Kaito DLC)

Bocking a puhnc with my head

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
take a sip of your drink every time someone in judgement says mogu

----------------

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
oh wow ono is in judgement! nice to michi!!!!

----------------

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/OOCRyuGaGotoku/status/1591457722565804034

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

updated my journal