Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

The Pillar Men were frozen for hundreds of years and were released only a month prior to this panel. How does Kars know enough to make a Tarzan reference, did he catch a movie or something during that time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Maybe the Pillar Men get people's memories when they eat them.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Me and the boys going to go see Tarzan.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

The Pillar Men were frozen for hundreds of years and were released only a month prior to this panel. How does Kars know enough to make a Tarzan reference, did he catch a movie or something during that time

yeah they're all big Phil Collins fans

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Tarzan was a Pillar Man

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Wamuu can feel it coming in the air tonight, after all

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Pillar Guy who has only seen Tarzan, fighting his first hamon warrior in millennia: Getting a lot of 'Tarzan' vibes from this guy...

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Wasn't there some thing where Pillar Men also assimilate the knowledge of the people they absorb? Like that was how Santana learned English/German instantaneously?

Maybe one of the Nazis they ate in Rome was a big Burroughs fan :shrug:

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
IIRC they were able to learn languages and e.g. how to disassemble a machine gun because of their supremely advanced intellect. I don't remember anything about absorbing memories

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Pillar Men but they all pick up different regional US accents

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Maybe some of the nazi guards were Tarzan fans

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Maybe some of the nazi guards were Tarzan fans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Cwh_PBB5OU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Kars was actually talking about an old Pillar Man friend of his, Tarzan Boy.

GruntMountain
Jul 17, 2017

Tarzan was Santana's true name, Stroheim just got it wrong and that stuck.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

IIRC they were able to learn languages and e.g. how to disassemble a machine gun because of their supremely advanced intellect. I don't remember anything about absorbing memories

yeah i think it's just chalked up to them being just The Best at absolutely everything

i assume they used their giant pillar brains to fill in the exact course of all world events from their hibernation to their awakening

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

though really every character's knowledge base is whatever araki read in his giant trivia book that week

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

He read a lot of books in a month. He smart he read fast EZ answer please keep up

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Was Weather Report the first time Araki did the "introduce a character by making a list of weird-rear end facts about them" thing? I kind of love it whenever it happens even if they get forgotten entirely. Part 8 Josuke was the first main-character one I think.

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Oct 23, 2022

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Yinlock posted:

Was Weather Report the first time Araki did the "introduce a character by making a list of weird-rear end facts about them" thing? I kind of love it whenever it happens even if they get forgotten entirely. Part 8 Josuke was the first main-character one I think.

Does the rando in part 4 that seems to know everything about Yoshikage Kira count?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Electric Phantasm posted:

Does the rando in part 4 that seems to know everything about Yoshikage Kira count?

was that the guy who just said "yeah he's just a normal dude" or whatever? I meant stuff like Emporio immediately listing off insane poo poo like "yeah this guy sleeps in a piano, has no concept of personal space, speaks in whispers and is overall just a huge fuckin weirdo. anyway take him with you he'll help probably"

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I think they mean the blonde guy who monologues Kira's entire day at a middle schooler. That guy seemed to know a lot of random stuff about him

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

I think they mean the blonde guy who monologues Kira's entire day at a middle schooler. That guy seemed to know a lot of random stuff about him

Oh I actually have no memory of that but yeah that super counts then

GruntMountain
Jul 17, 2017

Yinlock posted:

Oh I actually have no memory of that but yeah that super counts then

I think they're making a joke. Kira himself is the one who monologues about his day at Shigechi.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

GruntMountain posted:

I think they're making a joke. Kira himself is the one who monologues about his day at Shigechi.

gently caress

in my defense i'm dumb as hell

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Yeah I got Kira's monolgue and that one guy mixed up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcY6MYpQuPU

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
My favorite will always be "I'm D-I-S-C-O, loving figure that one out!" and that's literally all you ever find out about him.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I really like the guy going "Chocolate D-I-S-C-O.", followed by Gyro rightly asking "What?"

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

There should be a single guy in SBR called like John McTravers or something just depairing at being surrounded by people called Hot Pants and Funny Valentine

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I've been posting Jojo's Google Translated Adventure in PYF comics and I feel like this post really nails the essence of part 1 Speedwagon

Mzbundifund posted:

I appreciate Fast Ambulance’s role as Guy Who Is Losing His Mind in every panel.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

I've been posting Jojo's Google Translated Adventure in PYF comics and I feel like this post really nails the essence of part 1 Speedwagon

Part 2 too, he's not around much there but every second he does get is spent freaking the hell out

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Yinlock posted:

Part 2 too, he's not around much there but every second he does get is spent freaking the hell out
That's true lol. What a terrifying life he led

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Speedwagon's life in Part 2:

- Freaking out because his plane is being hijacked.
- Freaking out because Lisa Lisa killed a government official.
- Freaking out because of a bunch of Stone Masks being discovered.
- Freaking out because Straizo turned evil.
- Freaking out because Nazis.
- Freaking out because Santana.
- Mostly normal trip to Italy.
- Freaking out because Lisa Lisa's about to die.
- Freaking out because Ultimate Kars.
- Freaking out because Joseph is seemingly about to die.
- Freaking out because Joseph is actually alive.
- Freaking out because he's dying.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

RIP Speedwagon, thought about events and died

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

That's true lol. What a terrifying life he led

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

At least in part 1 he gets to spend half the time talking about how much Jonathan rules. He found his life's calling as an Astonished Narrator early in life and fully embraced it.

e: I love when he shows up at the end of part 2 and immediately starts completely flipping his poo poo over Ultimate Kars without missing a beat. move over amateurs this is how you lose your mind over something

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Oct 24, 2022

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

I will join a supernatural martial arts pen & paper group and insist on being the guy who never fights, yet gives his goddamn all hyping up his friends, and thawing their frozen limbs on his sizzling hot abs should the need arise

Somehow, I will be the most influental, successful and long-lived of the entire group

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Torquemadras posted:

I will join a supernatural martial arts pen & paper group and insist on being the guy who never fights, yet gives his goddamn all hyping up his friends, and thawing their frozen limbs on his sizzling hot abs should the need arise

Somehow, I will be the most influental, successful and long-lived of the entire group

this is just Flava Flav

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Torquemadras posted:

So a bard?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

roll for ab temperature

Bards can cast spells, all Speedwagon really has is a hammer and the incredible ability to constantly shout about everything he ever sees without getting annoying

e: Also innate Detect Evil? But nothing he's ever up against really tries to hide how evil they are so it's usefulness is debatable

e2: wait Straizo did, so I guess it's Detect Evil that only works on Dio specifically.

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Oct 25, 2022

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Yinlock posted:

roll for ab temperature

Bards can cast spells, all Speedwagon really has is a hammer and the incredible ability to constantly shout about everything he ever sees without getting annoying

e: Also innate Detect Evil? But nothing he's ever up against really tries to hide how evil they are so it's usefulness is debatable

e2: wait Straizo did, so I guess it's Detect Evil that only works on Dio specifically.

I will also have an exotic bladed throwing hat. I will use it once and then forget about it, promptly switching it with another hat that the DM has randomly mentioned as being slightly fancier (plus Italian)

I literally have no other skills besides Perform(Crying) and Profession(Oildrilling)

The DM hates me, but I have become invulnerable. I love all my friends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Yinlock posted:

roll for ab temperature

Ok so he's a cleric who focuses on moral support and has a few bad rolls in his later years