Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
eureka seven is the only good mech anime

e: truth prevails in snipes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

Yeah you're right TTGL sucked.

not really

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
Trying to imagine Obi-Wan or Luke Skywalker flashing their rear end to the camera when putting their lightsaber away like Bonney does in that one panel

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Brandfarlig posted:

Yeah you're right TTGL episode 4 sucked.

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

That is true. Also most of the b-team kinda suck until the very end. Except for the hyper-competent grandpa.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

skipmyseashells posted:

Vander decken’s fruit hard counters it

i was honestly expecting van augur to get that fruit or the noro fruit

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPqxnPVdDX8

A turn-based RPG is kinda weird with One Piece but whatever. The UI is slick and the battle animations look good

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

RatHat posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPqxnPVdDX8

A turn-based RPG is kinda weird with One Piece but whatever. The UI is slick and the battle animations look good

"Item acquired: Des. Nuts"

(This doesn't actually happen, sadly.)

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I played a short demo of it at a con recently. Robin has the Dos Fleurs: Clutch attack, 10/10

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
One Piece is literally structured like a jrpg

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

I'm down for Dragon Quest One Piece Edition

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
If Yakuza can work as a turn-based RPG, so can One Piece.

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Angel of Piratey Death, Yarrr!
Definitely excited for this one.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Animes should go back to being turned into RPGs instead of Arena Fighters imo.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Honestly, yeah, at this point I find myself at least mildly intrigued in any anime licensed game that's not a lot arena fighter.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
The Sogeking outfit being a deluxe edition only bonus is both incredibly smart and downright evil

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Yeah that looks very similar to DQXI, which was fantastic. JRPG is such a perfect fit for the series, it's wild that they've never done one (or at least not for a very long time, I'm sure there was one).

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The very first One Piece game on Game Boy Color was kind of an RPG

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Begemot posted:

Yeah that looks very similar to DQXI, which was fantastic. JRPG is such a perfect fit for the series, it's wild that they've never done one (or at least not for a very long time, I'm sure there was one).

I think there was one for the 3DS, but I remember hearing it wasn't very good.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Lmao
"Fee & Deposit"

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Lmao
"Fee & Deposit"

lol

that's a good bit

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Lmao
"Fee & Deposit"

Lmao this rules and also I'd believe it in-canon since we've never really gotten much of a look at how collecting bounties works (though I think Oda wrote in an SBS that they generally just arrest the bounty hunters too)

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Lmao
"Fee & Deposit"

This would explain a lot about bounties in canon.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Arist posted:

Lmao this rules and also I'd believe it in-canon since we've never really gotten much of a look at how collecting bounties works (though I think Oda wrote in an SBS that they generally just arrest the bounty hunters too)

Yeah for other pirates to collect a bounty they probably have to go through a lot of middlemen so this works

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Electric Phantasm posted:

Animes should go back to being turned into RPGs instead of Arena Fighters imo.

:hmmyes:

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

CharlestonJew posted:

The Sogeking outfit being a deluxe edition only bonus is both incredibly smart and downright evil

Oh GOD DAMNIT

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Lmao
"Fee & Deposit"

100% chance that's something Nami forged on the paperwork

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

I hope the bounty board has flavor text for each bounty. I want to know how the heck Evil Bulbro ended up with a price of 3 million on his head.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Libra posted:

I hope the bounty board has flavor text for each bounty. I want to know how the heck Evil Bulbro ended up with a price of 3 million on his head.

Uh, he's evil? It's in his name?

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
3 mil is a pretty loving piss poor bounty. Probably just stole some donuts or something.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Usopp's big hammer attack doing 5 damage is :kiss:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
The Orange Town arc is that part in the JRPG where you're basically out of the tutorial, but you only have half your active party, so everything's technically easy but 1 thing goes wrong and now Luffy is near death, Nami's nowhere to be seen and Zoro had 0 MP from the start anyway.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
i immediately thought of dragon's expresion on this last panel here when i got to the end of the most recent chapter lol

i know he's got resting dragon face but that is the guiltiest drat expression ive ever seen

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
i don't think it'll be anywhere near any kind of heel turn but i can't shake the feeling that there's definitely some unspoken poo poo going down between vegapunk, dragon and kuma regarding kuma's fate

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
my guess is still that the world government used bonney as a hostage to force kuma to accept becoming a cyborg. we know they held her captive for a while & were quite eager to have her back in custody

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

Violen posted:

i don't think it'll be anywhere near any kind of heel turn but i can't shake the feeling that there's definitely some unspoken poo poo going down between vegapunk, dragon and kuma regarding kuma's fate
It would be somewhere between hilarious and tragic if Dragon convinced Kuma to go along with the WG plans so that the Revolutionaries would have an inside contact among the Warlords.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
hm, i think you guys are right. i don't recall that kuma was guaranteed to go full-cyborg until after bonney's abduction in that period right at the precipice of the timeskip. he may have traded the last vestiges of his humanity for her, and it's a really Oda thing to write into the story, especially w bonney loudly asking "why would he ever agree to become a full robot"

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

yum posted:

There's no way Blackbeard doesn't know about the immortality thing with Law's fruit. Also, don't they need a doctor to use it effectively? Doc Q already has the sick sick fruit

I think it's been established that the immortality can be used without knowledge of medicine, but for the other uses of healing, it does.

No Wave posted:

We are absolutely going to get an explanation of how devil fruits work and what they are at some point. It is one of the central mysteries of the series. It's like saying that the ancient kingdom is better left unexplained.

Devil fruit power works via Midi-chlorians

Flair fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Oct 24, 2022

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Official version is out btw:

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1014459

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

Drakkel posted:

I wanna say this is the first time a character (two in fact) have appeared in the cover story and the actual chapter it's attached to at the same time

It could be they're trying to establish a timeline for these events? Pudding still being on the ship means this probably happened right after the stuff on Whole Cake went down.