Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Kilometers Davis posted:

TLoU2 is a top 5 all time gamefeel game no doubt

Game feels like molasses
Now you put hip fire in there, i'll play it again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

what da heck!!!!!!!

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

TLOU2 feels pretty fluid and responsive to me. They finally balanced the lifelike animations and response times.

Uncharted 4 and Lost Legacy were... I guess acceptable, but still felt sluggish. Anything prior to that... feels about like Plague Tale. Which yeah, it's bad.

Also lol if you think the misery is bad by Chapter 2, just wait. TLOU2 would make a good optimistic pick-me-up after Plague Tale 2.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Anyone having trouble getting Death Stranding to trigger in the Press Play Stars challenge?

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

bowmore posted:

Anyone having trouble getting Death Stranding to trigger in the Press Play Stars challenge?

it has to be the director's cut version, i tried to just stream it and it didn't work and then i noticed it said director's edition and had to install it but it worked.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

imhotep posted:

it has to be the director's cut version, i tried to just stream it and it didn't work and then i noticed it said director's edition and had to install it but it worked.

Ah the one game I don't have access to, thanks Sony

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Oxxidation posted:

i am categorically fed up with all remakes but i'll take anything that replaces third birthday as PE's farewell to the general public

I keep hearing this sentiment. What was so bad about third birthday?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

bowmore posted:

You have access to every game except for one? Can I have your passwords?

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Vikar Jerome posted:

Can imagine the square board room watching back to back silent hill and resident evil showcases and were like, losing their minds at the reception

4 silent hill games???

Leon can parry a chainsaw???

Hey, do you think... what was it... eve or something? Do you think people liked psx????

Lmao this is probably what happened. Companies are very big on the keepin up with the joneses. Like when every company went all in on nft and “metaverse’

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

I can override all the dinosaurs now? :getin:

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy
A Plague Tale: Requiem is a game all about how cool it would be to control swarms of rats and make them eat French people

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

bowmore posted:

If you have I think the middle tier of plus it’s definitely in the collection, all the games are which is the point I think.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Your loss lmao

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Kilometers Davis posted:

what da heck!!!!!!!

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Noob Saibot posted:

I keep hearing this sentiment. What was so bad about third birthday?

Well on top of it being a very bad third person shooter where you have to hop bodies because you get stunlocked by everything, but the AI inhibiting those other bodies when you aren't in them loving sucks and gets itself killed constantly - in normal fights this sucks but is workable because more spawn in but in bosses? lol

Then there's the plot, which starts off okay (time is broken and The Twisted are the cause so you Dive back in time to fix it) but then it turns out you aren't Aya Brea, you're her 11 year old adoptive sister in Aya's body and suddenly all the clothes breaking mechanics and literally everything every NPC says to you is extremely loving creepy and awful (well, moreso).

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Just crushed Leshy under my boot like a bug at +60 challenge points. Mantis god op lol. (prob kind of spoilery for showing a boss thats in the campaign)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d58i90PKvOA

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

:blastu:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zzpZY1Bbb4

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Endwalker: I've reached an area called Hellpiss which is exactly how I feel about the game right now!!!!

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

fridge corn posted:

Endwalker: I've reached an area called Hellpiss which is exactly how I feel about the game right now!!!!

lol

Dunno what to tell you fridge. You do have the most badass scene coming up right after this tho :shrug:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Love how he holds thr torch and aims with it exactly like in re 3.5 :getin:

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

It’s perfect!! Ship it now!

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

Looks to me they're sort of including elements of the original RE4 before it got binned and re-worked. I would've liked to have played the haunted mansion version

:edit: oh there's an article about it already

https://www.thegamer.com/resident-evil-4-beta-remake-capcom-hook-man/

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
Also

Please bring GOW release date forward to five hours from now

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

History Comes Inside! posted:

If you have I think the middle tier of plus it’s definitely in the collection, all the games are which is the point I think.
oh hey I found it on the store app but it wasn't showing up on the console, thanks!

bowmore fucked around with this message at 10:15 on Oct 24, 2022

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
British PS goons I just found out that the superb show How To with John Wilson is on BBC iPlayer right now!! Absolutely bizarre for it to be there of all places but anyway lie about having a TV license and check it out, it’s intensely good especially if you like weird documentaries and Nathan Fielder poo poo

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCNsx_NyNOU

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

bushido...einhando...

Ehrgeizo… (God bless the ringo…)

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

All this little Endwalker talk has just made me remember how amazing it is. God that whole thing, beginning to end, was incredible.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Aloy is such an rear end in a top hat.

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Oct 24, 2022

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Kilometers Davis posted:

what da heck!!!!!!!

In an act of karmic retribution Real Hurthling spent the last 10 years so brutally mocking sad dad games that he has now himself become the sad dad and can only enjoy 10 minutes of Katamari Reroll at a time until the kids kick him out of the den to play Roblox.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

All this little Endwalker talk has just made me remember how amazing it is. God that whole thing, beginning to end, was incredible.

Looking forward to going though last years goty thread and reading everybody's posts about it when I finish endwalker, might clue me in to what it is exactly that I'm missing

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
That’s not the worst case scenario at least cause Katamari reroll is actually one of the best games of all time

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

The fact that I'm so unimpressed with the story content in endwalker so far has surprised even myself and is causing all sorts of questions and ideas to tumble about in my mind as to the nature of jrpg stories and their assorted tropes and what commonalities are shared by the jrpg stories that I like the most. Expect a n explosive decompression of a post when I finish endwalker, tho I'm only subbed for another two weeks so dunno if I'm going to complete it before then

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I’m at Disney world with the kids and wife today. Possibly the best game on any platform. No tail to Magic Kingdom here we come!!
:ck5::goshawk::homebrew::jerky:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It's the good version of Kingdom Hearts

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Someone with a review copy of godr is accidently (or not edit: confirmed its on purpose lol ) posting screenshots up on twitter so spoilers are out there

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Oct 24, 2022

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

fridge corn posted:

The fact that I'm so unimpressed with the story content in endwalker so far has surprised even myself and is causing all sorts of questions and ideas to tumble about in my mind as to the nature of jrpg stories and their assorted tropes and what commonalities are shared by the jrpg stories that I like the most. Expect a n explosive decompression of a post when I finish endwalker, tho I'm only subbed for another two weeks so dunno if I'm going to complete it before then

I always gotta temper my own JRPG expectations with the proclivities of this subforum because people will be like "this moment was so emotional for me, I could barely play it through tears" then when I get around to playing it six months later the scene in question is some big tiddy witch saying ~uguuu.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

fridge corn posted:

Its very disc 4 tying up type stuff and the stuff i remember/like the most is after the area your in. Its mostly a lot of character stuff but the "final days" stuff could have been done better i think. Cant imagine doing it on its own tbh, felt way better when you are stockholmed into it with no waiting for releases and poo poo.

Still prefer shadowbringers over it but it has its moments

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Oct 24, 2022

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

In an act of karmic retribution Real Hurthling spent the last 10 years so brutally mocking sad dad games that he has now himself become the sad dad and can only enjoy 10 minutes of Katamari Reroll at a time until the kids kick him out of the den to play Roblox.

This is powerful imagery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

So I'm playing the last God of War, and, uh, it kinda sucks? I haven't touched the series since playing the first one on PS2 ages ago, so I thought I'd get stuck into it in time for the new game and uh... the combat is kinda mediocre, right? Enemies that have too much HP and spawn all over the place, a camera that's a constant struggle and doesn't seem to track the enemies at all, and a lock-on system that will send my axe flying off into the distance rather than hit the targeted enemy ten feet away who's slowly walking towards me (super cool after wasting 3 seconds charging up the throw's AOE blast).

I finished Alfheim last night, and basically every fight was insanely frustrating, just an obnoxious amount of enemies who never stop attacking, so you have to keep dodging and you're never able to get an attack chain in, and the dragonfly elves just zip backwards if you get close. I died a couple times, but it's not even that it was challenging, it was just not fun because you're constantly having to stop doing cool things so you can dodge some more.

How did this game get such incredible reviews? Am I missing something? It's cinematic, sure, and I like the banter between Kratos and Boy, but good god does everything else seem mediocre.

e: oh, and the loving item system! With as little money as you get playing through the levels, why on earth did they decide to put in an upgrade system for each piece of loot? It is never, never going to feel good spending my limited money leveling up my wristguards from 1 to 1+, especially when I'll start seeing 2 and 2+ wristguards for sale within the next hour.

Phenotype fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Oct 24, 2022