Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

drat poo poo is just happening fast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

This might be out there, but I considering trying to cosplay as Law. Would anyone know a good place to get a good quality version of his full length black coat? Some I’ve seen online seem cheap.

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.

tbp posted:

hm, i think you guys are right. i don't recall that kuma was guaranteed to go full-cyborg until after bonney's abduction in that period right at the precipice of the timeskip. he may have traded the last vestiges of his humanity for her, and it's a really Oda thing to write into the story, especially w bonney loudly asking "why would he ever agree to become a full robot"

i meant earlier as we know they had bonney captive at some point before she broke out and became known as a supernova. the timeline doesn't line up the way you're thinking of it - blackbeard turning bonney over to akainu happened after the war, at which point he already was fully converted. my guess is by the time her first escape was known it was somehow too late for him to be able to renege on the agreement.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

This might be out there, but I considering trying to cosplay as Law. Would anyone know a good place to get a good quality version of his full length black coat? Some I’ve seen online seem cheap.

I think there was an official one a few years ago but it was crazy expensive

lih
May 15, 2013

notably the official translation has pudding say "if mama is still alive"

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

lih posted:

i meant earlier as we know they had bonney captive at some point before she broke out and became known as a supernova. the timeline doesn't line up the way you're thinking of it - blackbeard turning bonney over to akainu happened after the war, at which point he already was fully converted. my guess is by the time her first escape was known it was somehow too late for him to be able to renege on the agreement.

oh you're right, my mistake. i was thinking the last time we saw him before the timeskip was during sabaody but i forgot it wasn't just pacifistas at the war, the real deal was there. he even obliterated oars jr lol

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
What a duwang

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

JaminisBox... now that's a name I haven't heard in a long, long time...

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Cat Machine posted:

JaminisBox... now that's a name I haven't heard in a long, long time...

Them and MangaStream

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
mangapanda is due for a comeback any day now

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i call sanji jiji

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
I've got this friend named... Sanji JiJi Junior Sabaody

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Pudding calling Sanji Jiji is way too creepy and makes it very hard for me to pretend she isn't Japanese barely legal.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I wonder if the Law fights cuts away from here and Blackbeard once more wields the power of Offscreen Shounen Battle, or if we'll keep jumping back to it.

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all
oda must hide blackbeard's one weird trick as he off screens law

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
If Law loses and has his will broken, will he be girl law forever?

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

No Wave posted:

:pray:

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice

No Wave posted:

Please stop posting spoilers from my fanfic

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I knew Blackbeard was a criminal, but now he's a lawbreaker

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Curious if we'll get the backstory to BB's crew at some point or if they'll remain just beefy mountains for Straw Hats to beat. Not that they all need it, but it'd be nice to footnote if the level six prisoners were wrecking islands we'd visited before they got captured.

Really like Van Augur's goofy rear end design.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
to contrast Usopp Van Augur will be a devoted father and husband who uses his devil fruit powers to regularly visit his family

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.

I'd honestly take Bisoromi Bear Sama over some of the awkward 100% accurate sentence construction in the official release.

(I don't have a choice though because they won't let me read official one piece from Taiwan)

Renzuko
Oct 10, 2012

RatHat posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPqxnPVdDX8

A turn-based RPG is kinda weird with One Piece but whatever. The UI is slick and the battle animations look good

Have they ever said when odyssey is meant to take place? like the game isnt showing any jinbe, and the pre-order bonus stuff shown at the end of that trailer is pre-timeskip outfits for the straw hats so like, is this meant to be sometime between the timeskip and whole cake? or is jinbe just...stuck on the boat.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Its non canon so it dont matter

lih
May 15, 2013

jinbei only properly joined the crew 2 years ago and the game started development over 3 years ago

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011
Jinbe expansion pack

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
That's just how he looks

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Renzuko posted:

Have they ever said when odyssey is meant to take place? like the game isnt showing any jinbe, and the pre-order bonus stuff shown at the end of that trailer is pre-timeskip outfits for the straw hats so like, is this meant to be sometime between the timeskip and whole cake? or is jinbe just...stuck on the boat.
It’s set during the 20 minute gap in Wano where Jimbei was eating dinner and everyone else was heading to the party

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
I got the One Piece Hobonichi planner yesterday and it has every crew member's birthday highlighted (as well as minor characters, if you can read Japanese).

April 1 - Usopp
April 2 - Jinbei
April 3 - Brook

I would like Oda to show the three day birthday celebration.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Do we have enough characters for a birthday every day of the year?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Renzuko posted:

Some vague period during Wano before Jinbe joined I think. Don’t worry too much about it it’s non-canon anyway

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Mraagvpeine posted:

Do we have enough characters for a birthday every day of the year?

I cant find it but i swear one of the one piece youtubers looked into it and they said there were only 3 unclaimed days left.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

I just flipped through my copy and there were birthdays listed for every day of the year.

Not sure if they're all OP characters, though. Maybe they listed some staff/VAs? I don't know Japanese!

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
I don't see any blanks on the Library of Ohara birthday calendar.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Meme Emulator posted:

I cant find it but i swear one of the one piece youtubers looked into it and they said there were only 3 unclaimed days left.

Cloks posted:

I don't see any blanks on the Library of Ohara birthday calendar.
The very bottom says:

quote:

March 15th, September 27th and December 23rd remain as the very last days without birthdays!

I think something is out of date.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Are there any birthday overlaps? I know in real life you'd run into some doubles sooner or later.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Tons of them

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Can't wait for the Ides of March birthday reveal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

No Wave posted:

Hentai artist reading this post and doing the grinch smile