Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Upon further reflection, I have a feeling were looking at another horseman. I bet it’s death, since it revived Yuko sort of

E:

Hidingo Kojimba posted:

Given the “sister” line I assumed it was Nayuta (Control 2.0) since it’s not like she ages on a human scale anyway. Could also be Death or Famine I guess.

Beat me to it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
I actually thought she was going to turn Yuko into a weapon.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
She has Makima's eyes. :tinfoil:

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Also the line about yuko not having to give up anything for her contract reinforces my feeling that the Justice devil gives people power because it always ends with them getting what they deserve

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

:staredog:

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

I think we're finally meeting Nayuta. I don't know if they gave specifics in universe but Conquest is one of the traditional Horsemen and I vaguely remember Control and Conquest being similar kanji in Japanese.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I immediately assumed it was Nayuta since she has Makima's eyes and she was already much older than she should have been if she aged normally at the end of part 1. Death is a fair guess though.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Oct 25, 2022

Rabid Boar
Apr 16, 2020

Soon, all of you will feel my hate, and suffer as I have suffered!
Her earrings look like scales, which could represent both Justice and Famine. Her eyes are like Makima's, though, so I'm leaning towards another Horseman.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

huge lmao at the “kill la kill, but dying inside” spreads

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Rabid Boar posted:

Her earrings look like scales, which could represent both Justice and Famine. Her eyes are like Makima's, though, so I'm leaning towards another Horseman.

pretty sure they're chainsaw ripcords. i'm on the "it's Nayuta" side of things, taking into consideration the swirly eyes, and especially that, well, what could be considered a "little sister" to control? how about the threat of justice?

e: nvm i actually misread the line, i think

symbolic fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Oct 25, 2022

Drashin
Feb 26, 2013

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Also the line about yuko not having to give up anything for her contract reinforces my feeling that the Justice devil gives people power because it always ends with them getting what they deserve

I read that line about recieving a "heart the shines with the light of justice" in exchange for the powers meant that the justice devil's price for the contract was altering Yuko's sense of justice to match the devil's

I also think the girl is Nayhuta but thought the little sister was refering to Asa since if Control = Conquest then her being possesed by another horseman could be seen as being related

Drashin fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Oct 25, 2022

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Yoru: "yo sorry bout your mom... she def would have been a strong weapon"

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yeah I’m thinking that was Death due to the little sister comment and reviving someone.

By the way, if War is the younger sister of Death then their age is probably in order of appearance so Conquest/Control is the youngest, followed by War, Famine, and Death as the oldest.

EDIT: Oh wait, her earrings might be scales, which would make her Famine. Not sure why she would be able to revive a devil though

RatHat fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Oct 25, 2022

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Yeah, I'm kinda hoping she is not Nayuta. Her going back to Makima-style behavior after all of Chainsaw Man 1 and whatever efforts Denji could muster in the meantime would be pretty disappointing.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

the new character doesn't look anything like nayuta. I agree it's probably a horseman devil or some other strong devil (who would consider war a LITTLE sister? death seems right!)

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Terper posted:

Yoru: "Soooo... was your mom cremated? Or should we make a shovel real quick?"

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

Terper posted:

i'm glad chainsaw man has become a heartwarming tale about friendship, love, and the mementos of those we left behind being turned into cool swords

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
She has even more face moles than Kobeni. Really putting Tung Shu to the test

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
Yoru's eyes are the same, that pattern isn't unique to Control, it's not Nayuta.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
She looks nothing like Nayuta, you guys are mental

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Where in part 1 are horsemen mentioned? Is it a translation thing? When they go to hell they mention that death is one of the "primal fears" but I don't remember "horsemen" ever being established.

I'll also admit I may just be misremembering.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

CodfishCartographer posted:

Where in part 1 are horsemen mentioned? Is it a translation thing? When they go to hell they mention that death is one of the "primal fears" but I don't remember "horsemen" ever being established.

I'll also admit I may just be misremembering.

Makima talks about them in chapter 87. I imagine you could probably stretch it into something else, but between Makima almost certainly being conquest and War showing up it's fairly moot at this point.

Supremezero fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Oct 25, 2022

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I agree she doesn't look like young Nayuta we saw at the end of part 1, but those earrings don't look anything like scales, they're definitely chainsaw starters, which would be weird unless this is Nayuta. Or unless it turns out all the horsemen are obsessed with Chainsaw Man, which would be funny.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Sindai posted:

I agree she doesn't look like young Nayuta we saw at the end of part 1, but those earrings don't look anything like scales, they're definitely chainsaw starters, which would be weird unless this is Nayuta. Or unless the other horsemen are also obsessed with Chainsaw Man, which would be funny.

Chainsaw Man is also incredibly popular in Hell.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Supremezero posted:

Makima talks about them in chapter 87. I imagine you could probably stretch it into something else, but between Makima almost certainly being conquest and War showing up it's fairly moot at this point.

The fan scanlations translated Makima's line there as "battling four knights" instead of The Four Horsemen, which is like literally accurate but loses some significant meaning.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

https://twitter.com/hyeon_0613/status/1584184114919268353?t=cnxdYqq_eeHFTjNc8bZB8g&s=19

Alectai
Dec 31, 2008

It doesn't matter how long I live, I will never have a hat as dashing as this.
They're scales without the weighting plates, which might be a bit clunky to draw I think.

More importantly, a fellow I know after a spot of research pointed this interesting little factoid out. Namely, that some authors interpret the Third Rider as 'The Lord as a Law-Giver', bearing the set of scales. Sounds a lot like a certain Justice Devil that apparently exists, no?

What I'm trying to say is "Apparently Part 2 is Teen Girl Devil Squad vs Chainsawman" apparently since we've now more-or-less confirmed 3/4 of the Horsemen are ladies, and I love it, though I hope Asa gets out of it okay :( Yoru can live too.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

In chapter 87 makima says chainsaw defeated the weapon devils and the 4 horsemen in hell then disappeared. would explain why they're all on earth

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Thinking about other things that could be made into weapons, how about food? If a lot of time and feeling is put into making something, that should make a strong weapon, right?

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Yeah, as I recall Makima says chainsaw man fought the four horsemen and the weapon devils before vanishing from "our" sight, implying she was one of them.

That and Conquest/Control Devil are the same word in Japanese.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Getting more details on that final battle will be neat. Since Makima can remember it, she survived relatively intact. War survived but lost chunks of herself (nukes, WW2, others maybe).

I feel like control/war/famine are MUCH weaker than Death. Death has gotta be darkness devil power level. The scales-like earrings are why I’m leaning towards this new character being famine again. That and my assumption that deaths power level is ludicrous that just being around it is some spiritual pressure poo poo. Or maybe not, can’t wait till next week!

Bread Set Jettison fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Oct 25, 2022

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Jerkface posted:

In chapter 87 makima says chainsaw defeated the weapon devils and the 4 horsemen in hell then disappeared. would explain why they're all on earth

I don’t think that battle was actually in Hell if all the devils involved remember it

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
I have a different theory: This is Yuko’s literal older sister who has a stronger contract with the Justice devil and can therefore revive her.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

RatHat posted:

I don’t think that battle was actually in Hell if all the devils involved remember it

We've seen characters enter and leave hell before without dying, Denji's been there twice technically, there's a few ways we already know (hell devil, spider devil summon) and probably a lot of ways we don't.

I think Death would count as a primal fear so I don't think they'd be likely to be outside of hell, and while Darkness was able to send part of itself out to the Doll Devil I doubt this is a similar deal.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
Angel Devil outright states that even if devils don't remember the exact circumstances of their deaths, they all remembered the last thing they heard: the sound of chainsaws revving. Wouldn't be too hard for the smarter devils to put it together.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Here’s a really rad Lego Chainsawman

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

New chapter confirms that what a weapon is made of doesn't matter, what matters is how the maker feels about it. So the weapons Yoru has been making out of humans have been weak because Your doesn't care about humans, but a sword Asa made out of a school uniform is incredibly strong because it had genuine sentimental value to her.

That "shining heart" comment makes me think Justice Devil turns you into a serial killer after you make a contract with them. It's happened twice now, that's pretty suspicious I'd say.

Poor Asa, once again her desire to save someone has made a situation worse. This is some Kobeni levels of "God is keeping you alive just to gently caress with you"

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Getting more details on that final battle will be neat. Since Makima can remember it, she survived relatively intact. War survived but lost chunks of herself (nukes, WW2, others maybe).

I feel like control/war/famine are MUCH weaker than Death. Death has gotta be darkness devil power level. The scales-like earrings are why I’m leaning towards this new character being famine again. That and my assumption that deaths power level is ludicrous that just being around it is some spiritual pressure poo poo. Or maybe not, can’t wait till next week!

I think that Control is probably much stronger than War or Famine in the setting, even though she's weaker than Death. War has been a thing of the past for decades, famine is a rare problem in most of the world... but control? In a world where your elected authorities can sell your life to a devil at a moment's notice, and that's if you're even lucky enough to be able to vote on them?

Yeah, fear of authority is going to be real common.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

chiasaur11 posted:

I think that Control is probably much stronger than War or Famine in the setting, even though she's weaker than Death. War has been a thing of the past for decades, famine is a rare problem in most of the world... but control? In a world where your elected authorities can sell your life to a devil at a moment's notice, and that's if you're even lucky enough to be able to vote on them?

Wait, is famine a rare problem in the Chainsaw Man world? Because hunger and food insecurity is very much still a huge issue in the real world, and when we first met Denji he was living on the edge of starvation so we know not having access to food is still a problem that exists.

Space Cadet Omoly fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Oct 25, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

chiasaur11 posted:

Eeeh, there are huge parts of the world where famine was, is or soon will be a deadly issue and I can't see Chainsaw Man world being much different.

EDIT: Ninja'ed