Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Halo 1 through Reach was such a great run :D I can’t remember if I played 4 so uh yeah I’ll cap things at Reach.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

I remember halo every time I turn on my Xbox series X, I don’t need a 10+ minute video!!

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

Just watching the call of duty file size grow in real time lmao.

Yup lol.

So the game's "true" size is now 104.2 gigs with all the packs installed (including Campaign) but you also need I think a little over 4 gigs of extra space minimum free on your internal storage (can't use M.2 for this) for the texture cache staff. Texture cache size can be increased to I think 20-something gigs too.

Probably going to get to absurd territories when Warzone goes live in mid-November.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

infinite could've been the chosen one but 343 only hires people on contract for like I dunno 6 minutes? so as soon as everyone figured how to make an awesome game they were let go

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

univbee posted:

Yup lol.

So the game's "true" size is now 104.2 gigs

:prepop:

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

that’s flight sim numbers

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

univbee posted:

Yup lol.

So the game's "true" size is now 104.2 gigs with all the packs installed (including Campaign) but you also need I think a little over 4 gigs of extra space minimum free on your internal storage (can't use M.2 for this) for the texture cache staff. Texture cache size can be increased to I think 20-something gigs too.

Probably going to get to absurd territories when Warzone goes live in mid-November.
Jesus, there was a 40 gig patch?! :stare:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

MechaSeinfeld posted:

I remember halo every time I turn on my Xbox series X, I don’t need a 10+ minute video!!

well you get one anyway goonsir :blastu:

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Rageaholic posted:

Jesus, there was a 40 gig patch?! :stare:

No. There was a 55 gig patch. :smug:

Actually that does bring up another weird new thing the PS5 can do: DLC content can independently be patched from the base game.

There was a 40ish gig patch on the base game package, and then the two campaign DLCs had "updates" that seem to have more or less just been a redownload. (7.5 gigs and 9ish gigs, if memory serves).

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

When is the re8 dlc? Was it today? How long is the new stuff?

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Real hurthling! posted:

When is the re8 dlc? Was it today? How long is the new stuff?

October 28th. I heard it’s pretty short but very good.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Cool

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

univbee posted:

No. There was a 55 gig patch. :smug:

Actually that does bring up another weird new thing the PS5 can do: DLC content can independently be patched from the base game.

There was a 40ish gig patch on the base game package, and then the two campaign DLCs had "updates" that seem to have more or less just been a redownload. (7.5 gigs and 9ish gigs, if memory serves).
I was about to say "Wait, I didn't get that patch" but then I launched the game and it started downloading lmao

Christ, I thought patches were supposed to be smaller this gen. It feels like 55 gig patches were the norm for Call of Duty games on PS4. That's like over 2/3rds of the pre-patch install!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

104? Mine is sitting at 140 gigs and counting.

At one point the entire modern warfare 2019 suite was like 300 gigs. I'm gonna pissed if they do that again.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Rageaholic posted:

Christ, I thought patches were supposed to be smaller this gen.

Two years in and this gen still hasn't really started yet, we're stuck in the overture.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

acksplode posted:

Two years in and this gen still hasn't really started yet, we're stuck in the overture.
:negative:

Apparently God of War Ragnarok is gonna be 100+ gigs after the day one patch too, so having both of those installed at once is gonna take up quite a bit of my internal storage. It's a good thing I installed an M.2 drive a while back!

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Wolfsheim posted:

This is literally like taking away the web slinging in Spider-Man, what the gently caress

Oh yeah they also took away the batman version of webswinging so it's not even as cool to get around the city. Robin's movement ability is literally a debug mode teleporter, it looks janky as gently caress

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Rageaholic posted:

:negative:

Apparently God of War Ragnarok is gonna be 100+ gigs after the day one patch too, so having both of those installed at once is gonna take up quite a bit of my internal storage. It's a good thing I installed an M.2 drive a while back!

Having an Xbox and ps is required for load balancing.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

I think if you have it installed to your internal drive it adds on the size of the texture cache. So it's like 104 gigs of data and 36 gigs of "parked space for textures to stream to".

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

:suspense:

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Call of Doody imo

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Dang I own all those Plus games already. Nioh 2 rocks, Heavenly Bodies is loving hilarious, Lego HP is eh a Lego game so it's alright.

Heavenly Bodies is real fun in coop but has an issue where when you float too far apart the camera doesn't know what to do so you both end up off the camera. It still is a lot of fun though, having someone attempting to grab a floating rail before they sail off into the abyss, hand flailing wildly.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
more than one poster here plays the current call of duty with the 104 gb install?? i just somehow manage to avoid seeing like literally any pre release trailers or ads or anything for them anymore, and people generally dont talk about it in this thread except to make fun of how huge the install is so i just assumed that only e sports teams with the name 'faze' something played it.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
This decade will see the first terabyte-game

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

gotta buy a separate ps5 hard drive just to hold the new call of duty on it so you can play it for 5 minutes and then get bored

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

imhotep posted:

more than one poster here plays the current call of duty with the 104 gb install?? i just somehow manage to avoid seeing like literally any pre release trailers or ads or anything for them anymore, and people generally dont talk about it in this thread except to make fun of how huge the install is so i just assumed that only e sports teams with the name 'faze' something played it.

Hm. Yeah it’s a real mystery why those of us that play COD don’t talk about it here much.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

rumored ps+ for november: Nioh Collection, Lego Harry Potter, Heavenly Bodies

Nioh 1/2 remains in my top 10 from the last gen. Great games. The number of people who don’t have the PS5 collection who’d want it has to be pretty small at this point though.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

bloodychill posted:

The number of people who don’t have the PS5 collection who’d want it has to be pretty small at this point though.
Why? It's still a full-priced game.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Hm fair enough.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

imhotep posted:

They’re really good games!!!

Whoa your name changed again???

veni veni veni posted:

Hm. Yeah it’s a real mystery why those of us that play COD don’t talk about it here much.

lol

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

veni veni veni posted:

lol

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Kilometers Davis posted:

Whoa your name changed again???

imhobop

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

the times,

they are

a-changin’

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

in my humble bopinion

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I wish Call of Duty was less serious looking

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

There are plenty of cartoony goofy etc shooters out there to play

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

omg chael crash posted:

I wish Call of Duty was less serious looking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2svjrd46Kw

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

We gotta invite Braxton and maybe catch a dunk mannn

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Kilometers Davis posted:

There are plenty of cartoony goofy etc shooters out there to play

Yeah but I want Call of Duty to look like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Call of Duty’s gun play with Fortnight’s aesthetic would be aces