Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Jesus the imports never end

https://twitter.com/misterhakusan/status/1585138680842563586

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Any foreigner we can get v. The champ

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
It's going to be Mercedes Vernado, Miyu worked it out with her in Spain.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Takumi Iroha is injured. No word on how long she'll be out.

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

I just read it was a broken left clavicle and she'll be out for about three months.

e:
https://twitter.com/crushTKB/status/1585262213052346373?s=20&t=q9Na_u_QrLPJ5cLz3LNrlw

Redezga fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Oct 26, 2022

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Mr. Squishy posted:

It's going to be Mercedes Vernado, Miyu worked it out with her in Spain.

Sasha, I think, isn't taking wrestling bookings till 2023. I can't think of anyone making a debut in a title match since a lot of good wrestlers have had at least a cup of coffee in Japan.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Praying for Tay :pray:

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
What if it's a villainous French person who looks kind of like another joshi wrestler

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Johnny Landmine posted:

What if it's a villainous French person who looks kind of like another joshi wrestler

Bull Nakano is French!?! :aaa:

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Johnny Landmine posted:

Emi Saint-Cornay

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
Got my fingers crossed for Miette Momoneaux myself

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Quickly looking through cagematch, the only people Yuka has lost to overseas that haven't worked Japan before are Penelope Ford and Britt Baker (who worked a Stardom American show once), so i'm thinking they're the best best. Unless it's someone completely random.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Costume swap show is up!

https://twitter.com/misterhakusan/status/1585566467323756544

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh that is going to completely gently caress with my head :aaa:

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch

SG Bamboo posted:

Quickly looking through cagematch, the only people Yuka has lost to overseas that haven't worked Japan before are Penelope Ford and Britt Baker (who worked a Stardom American show once), so i'm thinking they're the best best. Unless it's someone completely random.

Britt Baker worked a Stardom tour in 2018 I believe it was - was the strange joint one with RISE that had Purazzo and Kylie Rae on it I believe.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

IceAgeComing posted:

Britt Baker worked a Stardom tour in 2018 I believe it was - was the strange joint one with RISE that had Purazzo and Kylie Rae on it I believe.

If she did it's not showing up on Cagematch, all her RISE stuff listed was in America.

e: Ah, I see where I went wrong, I wasn't familiar with the pre-2019 Stardom logo and my eyes skipped over it

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
https://twitter.com/OfficialPWI/status/1585632754573549568

Tom Lawlor must be thrilled.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Costume swap match was real good.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Getting annoyed at PWI is a fools errand, but Hikari over Miu is a crime. Also no sign of Big Hash, what the gently caress

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

SG Bamboo posted:

Getting annoyed at PWI is a fools errand, but Hikari over Miu is a crime. Also no sign of Big Hash, what the gently caress

SenJo is a regional indie that mostly runs outside of Tokyo & as far as I know is rarely televised. Of course their top dog isn't going to get the respect she should from PWI.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom

SG Bamboo posted:

Miu's title win came after the evaluation period while some of Hikari's reign was during that period.

https://aiptcomics.com/2022/10/27/full-2022-pwi-womens-150-list-revealed/

Full list for anyone curious.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Stall_19 posted:

Miu's title win came after the evaluation period while some of Hikari's reign was during that period.

I'll be honest I had forgotten Hikari was champion, outside of her stuff with Free Wifi she's made very little impact on me this year

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
The only thing I would really question on that list joshi wise is Giulia's placement, but at the same time she spent a lot of this past year losing (both matches and faction members) as well. Her fortunes only really started to turn around during the 5*GP.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

I'll be honest I had forgotten Hikari was champion, outside of her stuff with Free Wifi she's made very little impact on me this year

Yeah, she needs to do a Deathmatch.

DarkstarIV posted:

The only thing I would really question on that list joshi wise is Giulia's placement, but at the same time she spent a lot of this past year losing (both matches and faction members) as well. Her fortunes only really started to turn around during the 5*GP.

ASUKA being 84th is pretty egregious considering the criteria. SEAdLINNNG Tag champ since December, DDT Tag champ with MAO at one point, wrestles everywhere from YMZ to SenJo to DDT to Zero1 to appearances in the US & Europe. As far as in-ring performance (or "technical ability) goes, ain't no women touching the year ASUKA has had match quality wise, at least from the stuff I watch.

Actually Takumi Iroha, holder of singles AND Tag gold in Marvelous is 134th, that's even worse lol

I always get worked by PWI, it's fun

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

forkboy84 posted:

ASUKA being 84th is pretty egregious considering the criteria. SEAdLINNNG Tag champ since December, DDT Tag champ with MAO at one point, wrestles everywhere from YMZ to SenJo to DDT to Zero1 to appearances in the US & Europe. As far as in-ring performance (or "technical ability) goes, ain't no women touching the year ASUKA has had match quality wise, at least from the stuff I watch.

Actually Takumi Iroha, holder of singles AND Tag gold in Marvelous is 134th, that's even worse lol

I always get worked by PWI, it's fun

The PWI Top 150 this year has been extra fun because so many people's brains are breaking over Syuri beating out Bianca (although it's also brought out a bunch of xenophobes). Even though it's pretty obvious to wrestling fans who venture even remotely outside of the WWE bubble why Syuri won. She's had a much more impressive year kayfabe wise.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
You're all missing the real big news which is that Hyper Misao made the list

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Johnny Landmine posted:

You're all missing the real big news which is that Hyper Misao made the list

Of course she did, she found guns during the evaluation period

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

https://twitter.com/tde_gif/status/1585762312786685952

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Stall_19 posted:

https://aiptcomics.com/2022/10/27/full-2022-pwi-womens-150-list-revealed/

Full list for anyone curious.

Giulia at 57 is criminal

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

forkboy84 posted:

Agreed, her hardcore match with Rina last year was rad

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

:lol: people getting mad at PWI how lame ahahaha what kind of lame person wou-

PWI posted:

81. Natalya
82. Miu Watanabe

NATTIE OVER MIU!?!?! (ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Jerusalem posted:

What do you mean, J-Ru? Are you saying you hate Nattie yelling yaaaaaay and SHUT UP at the fans constantly? Miu only wishes she could be as good and charismatic as Nattie. :colbert:

Elephant Ambush posted:

Giulia at 57 is criminal

Like I said, her 2021 and a good chunk of her 2022 was super rough storyline wise. Lost part of DDM, went on a losing streak, and her fortunes didn't really turn around noticeably until she won the 5*GP. I assume she's gonna win the World of STARDOM title but if not, this might be the worst year of Giulia's career kayfabe wise, and I don't mean in the John Cena way either!

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Jerusalem posted:

Well you see, according to Bryan Alvarez, Natalya is just like our mod, Junpei Hyde

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

HI NAMBA

https://twitter.com/Sayunan708/status/1585801428169527296

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

:wave:

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/tde_gif/status/1586210600228515842?s=20&t=LVcKIXgdmXs1zpUqfTlCPQ

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
I'm very pleased with how Willow's TJPW debut unfolded - she performed really well, the crowd was into her and she got the pinfall. Hopefully she gets some high profile matches before she leaves.

Barry Bluejeans fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Oct 29, 2022

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
Today was the restart of the annual Koenji Fes after being gone for two years, and on this day was some free wrestling featuring a bunch of multi man matches (one with Yuji Nagata!!) but one joshi match. This year featured Itsuki Aoki against someone named Natsumi. Aoki had been the designated jobber for a few years, first losing to Hiroyo Matsumoto in 2018, then to Miyuki Takase in 2019. But on this day, she finally got the W over Natsumi, and it was a good match. Itsuki is also really nice and totally dug my Hikaru Shida shirt.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Yay for Aoki! :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Itsuki Aoki is an underrated and fun wrestler. I'm a sucker for her "yell so loud during the pre-match handshake" bit.

IIRC Natsumi is at least partially Aja Kong trained and is Zero1 adjacent. Think she debuted last year

Sounds like a fun day out!