Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

"I cast Detect Dio"

"Oh yeah, he's definitely been here. The severed dog head eminantes a particularly strong aura."

"I loving knew it."

(material components: polaroid camera)

e:

Torquemadras posted:

I will also have an exotic bladed throwing hat. I will use it once and then forget about it, promptly switching it with another hat that the DM has randomly mentioned as being slightly fancier (plus Italian)

I literally have no other skills besides Perform(Crying) and Profession(Oildrilling)

The DM hates me, but I have become invulnerable. I love all my friends

The DM saw where this was going from the start with both you and the nobleman who has no skills but roleplays and rolls like a loving madman, which is why they included the sun monk NPC to give you stupid assholes some useful abilities.

Unfortunately you were so minmaxed towards crying and hat throwing that you didn't have the minimum stats for sun karate.

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Oct 25, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Yinlock posted:

Unfortunately you were so minmaxed towards crying and hat throwing that you didn't have the minimum stats for sun karate.

By alternatingly crying and telling the evil nazi how utterly hosed we are because of those genius stripper vampires, I somehow turn the nazi into an ally, forcing the DM to come up with an NPC on the spot. The DM hates it. He kills him off, but I STILL somehow hype him back into relevance, and my sheer hype keeps the NPC awkwardly around until the DM can finally kill him off-screen

I then make my first and only oildrilling check, and die a virgin

I never realize where Straizo went

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Torquemadras posted:

By alternatingly crying and telling the evil nazi how utterly hosed we are because of those genius stripper vampires, I somehow turn the nazi into an ally, forcing the DM to come up with an NPC on the spot. The DM hates it. He kills him off, but I STILL somehow hype him back into relevance, and my sheer hype keeps the NPC awkwardly around until the DM can finally kill him off-screen

I then make my first and only oildrilling check, and die a virgin

I never realize where Straizo went

i assume you then made your next character, a farting dog

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Speedwagon's life in Part 2:

- Freaking out because his plane is being hijacked.
- Freaking out because Lisa Lisa killed a government official.
- Freaking out because of a bunch of Stone Masks being discovered.
- Freaking out because Straizo turned evil.
- Freaking out because Nazis.
- Freaking out because Santana.
- Mostly normal trip to Italy.
- Freaking out because Lisa Lisa's about to die.
- Freaking out because Ultimate Kars.
- Freaking out because Joseph is seemingly about to die.
- Freaking out because Joseph is actually alive.
- Freaking out because he's dying.
Really the Part 5 ED was a tribute to Speedwagon with how much he was freaking

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

achillesforever6 posted:

Really the Part 5 ED was a tribute to Speedwagon with how much he was freaking

Abbacchio becomes Speedwagon for a second when he's describing Fugo's stand. SAVAGE! IT ATTACKS LIKE AN EXPLOSION, THEN DISSAPPEARS LIKE A STORM

Speaking of that scene man Giorno got weirdly stubborn about staying close to that thing. It took a weird amount of effort to convince him that stepping away from the psychotic drooling stand surrounded by evil purple mist was, maybe, a good idea.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Abba chip is Speedwagon if he didn’t like his JoJo

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

bobjr posted:

Abba chip is Speedwagon if he didn’t like his JoJo

A what-if Abbacchio doing the Speedwagon Face during the finale: GIORNO'S STUPID STAND HAS ASCENDED BEYOND SPACE AND TIME! HE'S READY TO MEET HIS DESTINY AND BECOME A GANG-STAR OR WHATEVER, I DON'T KNOW I DON'T PAY ATTENTION WHEN HE'S BLABBING ON ABOUT IT

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Yinlock posted:

i assume you then made your next character, a farting dog

I refuse to engage with or help any of the other players, choosing to hunt for coffee gum instead, which doesn't exist anywhere except for the one in my inventory at the start of the game

The DM desperately makes the enemies stumble into me to get me to involve myself

Nay, I say, defiantly finding ways to level towards a handsome anime face despite being the canonically ugliest dog

Speedwagon would have wanted it this way

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Chapter 10 of Crazy Diamond's Demonic Heartbreak

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Technowolf posted:

Chapter 10 of Crazy Diamond's Demonic Heartbreak

Amazing that Josuke managed to not tell Jotaro about any of this considering that it's one week before Part 4

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Josuke nearly gets murdered by DIO in a flashback, but then has zero reaction to Angelo saying that name. :allears:

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Josuke nearly gets murdered by DIO in a flashback, but then has zero reaction to Angelo saying that name. :allears:

He reacts to it, he just does not know what it's about.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Is Demonic Heartbreak essentially a side adventure by a different artist to deliver some JoJos during the gap inbetween part 8 and the next part?

I really like Hol Horse in this manga, he's a very interesting villain/character as his motivation is not evil, but just pure survival and struggling against his own fears. He seems like at heart a decent person, who was in a lovely situation in Part 3.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

zetamind2000 posted:

Amazing that Josuke managed to not tell Jotaro about any of this considering that it's one week before Part 4
With all the memory shenanigans already happening, I fully expect Josuke to get memory-wiped at the end.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Bisse posted:

Is Demonic Heartbreak essentially a side adventure by a different artist to deliver some JoJos during the gap inbetween part 8 and the next part?

I really like Hol Horse in this manga, he's a very interesting villain/character as his motivation is not evil, but just pure survival and struggling against his own fears. He seems like at heart a decent person, who was in a lovely situation in Part 3.

I mean he was still working with a psycho murder rapist, though it's possible he didn't know how truly hosed-up j. geil actually was

e: though making friends with people who are comically, psychotically evil on their first appearance is extremely on-brand for Josuke

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Oct 27, 2022

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Hol Horse almost certainly has a higher body-count than Kira, dude's still bad. He just does it for money and the Assassin Lifestyle rather than sexual gratification, which is... better?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

We don't necessarily know that. Kira has been killing women since high school and seemingly replaces the hands when they start to stink, which would presumably be at least two or three a month up to the point where he's 33. In comparison, Hol Horse has only ever tried to kill five people on-screen (plus Enya in self-defense). True, he's a hired assassin, but he didn't seem to be in a hurry to partner up with any of the powerful Stand Users in Egypt before DIO put pressure on him.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Just had a random thought, do we ever definitively learn how kira gets his stand? If not, then i think he probably developed it himself naturally, then keicho shot him with an arrow which gave him sheer heart attack. Then getting stabbed with the arrow a second time gave him bites the dust. Bing bong

If I was a stand user i would simply sit around stabbing myself with the arrow for a week or so

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

His dad had an arrow, I don't think its too much of a stretch to imagine the arrow was drawn to Yoshikage, prompting Kira Sr. to use it on his son. Bites the Dust was explicitly the first time Kira was re-pierced by the arrow, so I imagine Sheer Heart Attack was something Kira figured out he could do on his own.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I thought his dad got the arrow from Keicho somehow? I might be misremembering. If he had another arrow from the start then yeah that seems plausible.

It's possible Kira got shot and just didn't remember, it seems like a lot of the people who get arrow stands don't remember getting shot

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

If I recall, Kira Sr somehow acquired an Arrow independently of Keicho directly from Enya. I guess they met at some point and bonded over being the late-in-life doting parents of troubled children? :shrug:

But yeah, Kira committed his first teenage murder of Reimi et al, his dad found out, and used the Arrow to give him some power to hopefully protect him from the consequences of his own horrible actions.

e:

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

If I was a stand user i would simply sit around stabbing myself with the arrow for a week or so

The danger with this, I think, is that every stab of the Arrow rolls the dice on "you get a Stand OR you die." You might have been worthy once, but can you be sure you'll be worthy again?

Asterite34 fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Oct 27, 2022

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Quote is not edit

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Yeah, there's never a definitive statement on whether you can just exploit the arrow for effects as much as you want, but chances are good you can't. Granted, the only case where that's a concern is the Black Sabbath fight, where the two people at risk either have no idea what the arrow does or got nearly killed by it once before and probably wouldn't want to risk it again.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Plus as shown getting hit by the arrow more than once doesn't necessarily produce an effect you want. Or can even control. If anything Kira got lucky that his desire to not be found out only manifested as the ability to make a time loop.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I imagine you have to want to stab yourself with the Arrow.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

I wonder if the Arrow kills people in a way that DIO would be able to survive with Vampire Bullshit, and thus could have just kept jabbing himself with it over and over until he had all the powers, and he just never thought to try that. Or does it kill you via unblockable magic death curse or whatever? How do Meteorite Bacteria work here?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the arrow is shown to be able to seek out people who have the potential for a stand, which is how kira's dad is able to sense those who would live when hit with it. it brings out someone's inner potential and reflects their capacity to grow and it kind of makes sense to me that kira was in such massive despair at that moment that the arrow picked up on that and sort of just shifted enough to puncture into him and unlock that new bit of 'growth' inside of him due to his emotions. someone can call it nonsensical if they want, but it absolutely makes way more sense than anything to do with requiems ever did. a weird thing that jumpstarts someone's development in terms of their innate abilities is enough for me to suspend my disbelief in terms of it expanding someone's power just enough to still fit in with what it already does.

also araki probably thought it sounded cool and he was right, so, yeah.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

it also did some weird poo poo to kira physically if his hair's anything to go by so it's likely not something you can get away with doing over and over

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

yeah i think that was overall a fairly traumatic moment for kira, so i feel it's not exactly something that can just be arbitrarily done

keep in mind that the arrow literally pushes into him of it's own accord, he didn't just magically slip and fall onto it. that thing slid right up on in there and impaled him. i doubt someone could just arbitrarily stab themselves on a whim to accomplish something similar, especially since it's by the arrow's own agency that it happened.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
So what I'm hearing is that I'm free and clear to stab myself with the arrow without fear of dying if I'm not being actively traumatized? Hmmmm

I'll need to consider my options

e: oh also I looked it up and you're right, Yoshihiro got his arrow from Enyaba herself

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Yinlock posted:

it also did some weird poo poo to kira physically if his hair's anything to go by so it's likely not something you can get away with doing over and over

i forgot if it was this way in the manga but in the anime his hair didn’t change immediately after he got bites the dust, he combed it that way.
i think the implication is that kosaku had been carefully brushing his hair to hide his gray hairs, and Kira was doing the same to keep up appearances. But now that he feels indestructible he couldn’t care less about that.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

In the manga, I don't think they ever try to explain why his hair is different.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
It looks cool

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Yeah he just suddenly has it. In the anime they show him brushing his hair back to make his hair like that, which I thought was a neat touch. Because of that I figured it was just supposed to be a stylized look for slicked-back hair, but in the manga the wavy black stripes are clearly separate from the rest of the hair.

Ultimately

hatty posted:

It looks cool

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

I like to imagine that to signify his new lease on life, Kira did something like this off-camera and just decided to make the best of it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNhGe07EzAg

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

my take is that the arrow is like [fate] in that it's extremely arbitrary but if you try to force it it will gently caress you over

Augus posted:

i forgot if it was this way in the manga but in the anime his hair didn’t change immediately after he got bites the dust, he combed it that way.
i think the implication is that kosaku had been carefully brushing his hair to hide his gray hairs, and Kira was doing the same to keep up appearances. But now that he feels indestructible he couldn’t care less about that.

manga it's just the next day he has zebra hair, though i agree that the meaning is that he's not really bothering to hide anymore because he feels untouchable

It's not like his sworn enemy will be standing right behind him the first time he says his name out loud that day or anything

e: wait i never thought about that, since kira is ignorant of the time loops' contents from his perspective his triumphant unstoppable run lasted like an hour or two before he immediately ate poo poo

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Oct 28, 2022

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I love how every time Kira is foiled it's always by some little kid. Young Rohan survived to eventually uncover the connection between Hayato and Kira, Fatty put Kira on the run by nabbing a button, Koichi got Kira's wallet and won the psychological victory by showing Kira just how careless he is, and Hayato figured Kira out, got evidence of his crimes, and forced Kira to undo the Bites the Dust loop. Every time it was just a kid.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Hayato's a loving badass. He more or less solo'd Kira and figured out how to beat Bites the Dust

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Yinlock posted:

e: wait i never thought about that, since kira is ignorant of the time loops' contents from his perspective his triumphant unstoppable run lasted like an hour or two before he immediately ate poo poo

drat, relatable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Given that it's already established that the arrow will Just Kill You if you aren't worthy I can't imagine that deliberately trying to exploit it multiple times would turn out well.