Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

managed to snag an mg gundam x at my local comic shop for a reasonable price. Guess they must have done a reprint recently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

I found a hguc x divider which is rare for this area, haven't seen one in several years. They also had a mg deathscythe hell custom but wasn't sure if I would be satisfied by it since the kit's 11 and I haven't opened the 2011 Sandrock manga version in hopes of gaining better airbrush skills first.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Lawrence Gilchrist posted:

They also had a mg deathscythe hell custom but wasn't sure if I would be satisfied by it since the kit's 11

That run of MG EW suits holds up pretty well I think. They're all based on the same solid frame, and about the only problem I've had with them is the top heavy/tiny katoki feet combo can make them a little unstable so you might want to add a stand for stability's sake.

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

https://twitter.com/GundamPlanet/status/1585695473469358090

pandemic helping people see what is truly good and important in life

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/BandaiCollect/status/1585706876750032896?s=20&t=4o3l15VVzBLlbOFnDjKT5g

Napoleon Nelson
Nov 8, 2012

I'd be tempted to go up for a day to check it out if it wasn't $102 for the ticket alone. And also an anime convention

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Staring down two HG Char Zakus in the Hobby Lobby. Which one is the better kit, the normal HGUC or the HG Origin?

Ledhed
Feb 13, 2006
Doesn't believe in the letter a
Origin!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

Staring down two HG Char Zakus in the Hobby Lobby. Which one is the better kit, the normal HGUC or the HG Origin?
is it the old school hguc or the revive? (does it have the 40th anniversary logo on it, the 40th anniversary one is the revive)

imo id say the revive is the best one, then the origin, then the old-old one

but the revive is more 'anime accurate' while the origin has a bunch of detailing that wasnt in the show, so up to you which you prefer

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's just the regular rear end one. Guess I'll get the Origin then.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yeah the origin is a solid kit, very posable. some people would probably prefer it over the revive. comes with a lot of weapon options iirc?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Two machine guns, a bazooka, anti-ship rifle, and heat hawk, yeah.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The new Revive Zaku 2 is still very very good and has more modern engineering than the Origin Kit. The Origin Zaku 2 is a panel line enthusiast's dream.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Shenlong, wing, and wing zero bought :allears:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

I kinda wish the treads moved but that's definitely beyond a HG lmao

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i think the origin guntank still doesnt roll around but you can at least move the treads up/down or angle them some

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

oh neat, that's probably Good Enough, yeah

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Endorph posted:

i think the origin guntank still doesnt roll around but you can at least move the treads up/down or angle them some

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/HobbySite/status/1585590262465978368

chuchu's mech is out on the 5th

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I guess HGAC 239 and HGAC 223 is out of stock everywhere

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I can imagine that's going to be another quick seller considering how popular Chuchu has gotten

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

kirbysuperstar posted:

I kinda wish the treads moved but that's definitely beyond a HG lmao

Having hosed around with workable track links, you ten thousand percent don't want workable track links.

Just Dan Again
Dec 16, 2012

Adventure!

catgirlgenius posted:

https://twitter.com/GundamPlanet/status/1585695473469358090

pandemic helping people see what is truly good and important in life

I'm very happy for Acguy (and sad for me for missing it) but the restock I've really been waiting for is the Gustav Karl. There's been a Gustav-shaped hole in my Hathaway's collection for far too long!

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

I'm waiting for the MG Ball ver. Ka

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I suck so much at applying stickers x_x I tried stickering my Ground Gundam Urban type and it’s Exam stickers are all misaligned and one tore in half and argh

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Stickers are the devil.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

This motherfucker I bought has like 38 of them.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

weird trick with stickers that I learned from lego hobbyists: you can spray/rub windex on the sticky side which makes it very slippery, but also dries completely once you leave the sticker in place

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Gotta hit up a decal shop or hit that paint grind

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Nodosaur posted:

I suck so much at applying stickers x_x I tried stickering my Ground Gundam Urban type and it’s Exam stickers are all misaligned and one tore in half and argh

Use a toothpick. Lets you nudge the sticker into place with it hanging off the tip, and guide it right into perfect position.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Has anyone else started a stickering job and then step away for several months after getting half way done. Only now, you have no idea what parts need stickers still?

Because that is where I am with my rg wing gumdam..

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/gundam_info/status/1585814887824965632?s=20&t=4o3l15VVzBLlbOFnDjKT5g

They're coming out with special color blends made for the Aerial and Lfrith

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

JuffoWup posted:

Has anyone else started a stickering job and then step away for several months after getting half way done. Only now, you have no idea what parts need stickers still?

Because that is where I am with my rg wing gumdam..

i just mark off the stickers on the manual as i apply them, and i keep spare parts & manual in lil quart-size ziploc bags.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Use a toothpick. Lets you nudge the sticker into place with it hanging off the tip, and guide it right into perfect position.

I use the tip of my hobby knife, even when I'm doing big old Lego stickers. Beats the hell out of tweezers.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

This motherfucker I bought has like 38 of them.

[scoffs in new sakura taisen kit]

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I guess HGAC 239 and HGAC 223 is out of stock everywhere

Yeah I've been looking for these, too. Decided to just grab all the major wing 1/144s after caving on vayeate and mercurius and this would complete the set.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I found some copies on a Spanish? Website but they don't ship to USA the bastids

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

*sighs*

Here it is I guess. Multiple people have told me it’s not that bad, but all I see are flaws.