Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Koda in particular has been almost non-existent of a presence.
I was hoping he'd be the traitor because his powerset makes a lot of sense as a spying method and he could pull some really dangerous stuff with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Koda’s powers could theoretically work on Nezu

I say “theoretically” because there’s no chance he’d ever try it for fear of what would happen to him afterward

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

However this resolves turning Spinner into a mindless monster during the moment his entire story has been leading to is super disappointing

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

I assume it's setting up for a "talk him back to his senses" moment

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

FireWorksWell posted:

I assume it's setting up for a "talk him back to his senses" moment

Yeah me too; at best it's going to be the typical breaking through the cloud the evil mastermind has put on him but no one here has any sort of connection to Spinner (short of being heteromorphs) so it will have no real weight to it

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

mineta apologizing for a throwaway line was probably the best character moment in a while tbh

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

So much more of the story makes sense now that we know Shigaraki played League. No wonder he wants to destroy the world. Poor bastard.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I can see AFO encouraging Shigaraki to play League in order to reinforce the notion everyone in the world is an rear end in a top hat

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Koda's Quirk doesn't work on animal-like things, but I wouldn't be surprised if Spinner's degenerated enough for it to count now

...which...really doesn't send the right message either, so hopefully that's not how they resolve this

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I get the idea that Spinner being made into a brain fried brute is supposed to fit his arc in a few ways

-Spinner is specifically, a Tenko follower. He's entranced by his vision of destruction.

-Spinner and Tenko are friends, even if they don't get that they are. Spinner already was becoming disgruntled by AFO taking over Tenko.

-Spinner is weak. He wants the strength to be of use.

So yeah it totally fits AFO could easily convince him to take some quirks, which also naturally has the side effect of making him a dumb brute who is easier to control and won't get further annoyed by AFO's mind meld and start thinking traitorous thoughts.

It's kinda dumb framed against this specific racism angled story here. If the PLF true believer quirk eugenicists were the only people with him and they were snowed by AFO's promotion of him as speaker it'd be fitting and funny. Instead he's leading a bunch of persecuted civvies along with them which makes it kinda ehh, gross

I was expecting Spinner's thing to be realizing he's friends with Tenko, and losing his resolve, and when beaten he begs the heroes to save his friend.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Spinner rallying when he remembers the truly oppressed, the gamers

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Spinner and Shigaraki's true goal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-09gNDsPzQ

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Delphisage posted:

Also man is this whole affair a mess. Spinner's completely lost his character and is now a giant faceless monster made of spikes, like a poor man's Gigantomachia. And somehow this is going to be solved by Shoji also mutating into a monster and punching harder to solve racism.

Now, that's not fair.

Shoji is not goint to solve racism. He's just trying to defeat all the heteromorphs who don't know their place, which using their powers to help people who want to kill them.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

heteros and gamers, rise up :twisted:

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Spinner was always much less interesting than this thread thought, so him ending up as a lobotomized mini-kaiju whose fated enemies are, uh, the parasyte reference and dr doolittle sounds about right

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Spinner is a character that would have worked better in a story that explored the setting to the extent this thread hoped to see rather than the story that happened.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Spinner would have been a good character if the story were good instead of bad.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i dont know why spinner exists much like i dont know why 90% of the cast exists

at least in bleach's case most of the characters served a purpose in the arc they were introduced in. even all the completely random soul society guys at least served to make soul society seem big and intimidating when they were the bad guys, even if the individual guys never did anything

why does sugarman exist

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Spinner was there to be a relatively regular guy who could connect to Shigaraki in the villain arc.

Sugarman is there to fill up numbers in 1A.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Spinner is weird, because he acknowledged Deku as being a true hero comparable to All Might the first time he saw him, only to have zero concern about everyone else in his friend group wanting to murder him and (in the case of Toga) possibly wear him like a suit.

Endorph posted:

i dont know why spinner exists much like i dont know why 90% of the cast exists

:yeah:

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

I again would like to point out the absurdity of 15,000 people rallying behind a literal drooling imbecile.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Oh right. :smith:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Except in this universe they actually are they oppressed minority.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

The heteromorph thing could have been developed so much more throughout the story it feels kind of silly to see the exposition dump like 30 chapters from the ending

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

im praying to god we arent 30 chapters from the ending

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

Jen X posted:

Spinner was always much less interesting than this thread thought, so him ending up as a lobotomized mini-kaiju whose fated enemies are, uh, the parasyte reference and dr doolittle sounds about right

Who the hell thinks Spinner is interesting? He's always been a pointless douche.

Endorph posted:

if we're lucky the end is 3 chapters away.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Endorph posted:

You can’t even tell how long we’ve got based on the pace of these last couple of chapters

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Still waiting for the year-long Mineta tangent...

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Endorph posted:

as in you want it to keep going or as in you want ywch to kill thor so we can skip to the real final battle with aizen's chair already

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Manatee Cannon posted:

as in you want it to keep going or as in you want ywch to kill thor so we can skip to the real final battle with aizen's chair already

what if afo is defeated and the manga just keeps going

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Endorph posted:

finally the moon people who invented quirks show up

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Kild posted:

finally the moon people who invented quirks show up

Where's the glowing baby during all this?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Vinylshadow posted:

Where's the glowing baby during all this?

Sugarman's backstory finally revealed

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

All for One was the glowing baby. He was also Deku's father, the bird that Toga drank, the person shitposting about La Brava on all of Gentle's videos, and the chunk of Compress' severed rear end.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

All for One was the glowing baby. He was also Deku's father, the bird that Toga drank, the person shitposting about La Brava on all of Gentle's videos, and the chunk of Compress' severed rear end.

Now I want All for One to show up holding out his hand like Gendo in eva, only instead of an adam fetus it's just compress' rear end on his palm. "Finally, the quirk singularity!"

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021

Endorph posted:

If the arc ends with the heroes making a Justice League/Avengers, we're gonna need a Thanos/Darkseid for them to fight.

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib
Lmao think carefully, person literally incapable of doing so!

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
But enough about Kohei Horikoshi, let's talk about his manga

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Oxxidation posted:

Koda’s powers could theoretically work on Nezu

I say “theoretically” because there’s no chance he’d ever try it for fear of what would happen to him afterward

Koda's quirk turns out to be related to his mental understanding of what constitutes an "animal"

After witnessing the brutality of recent events, he has one very dangerous thought - perhaps humans are just animals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Endorph posted:

why does sugarman exist

I look forward to finding out via flashback in the next subplot we jump to.