Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
It is entirely feasible that the holiday of Halloween ends up holding some level of significance to the story or Devils. It’s also possible that Halloween is just real cool. It also may be seen in Japan as this weird confusing western thing that a lot of people just don’t get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Maybe Fujimoto just happened to have watched the movie Halloween at the time.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

galagazombie posted:

I know I’m overthinking it and it being nonsensical is the point, but I really still don’t get the “Halloween” part of Cosmos’ power. Like I get driving you crazy with omniscience. But why the word Halloween in particular?

Halloween is spooky.

Don't overthink it.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

galagazombie posted:

I know I’m overthinking it and it being nonsensical is the point, but I really still don’t get the “Halloween” part of Cosmos’ power. Like I get driving you crazy with omniscience. But why the word Halloween in particular?

To first understand this, you have to gather all of the universe's knowledge into your head, and only then will you truly understand.

Better get cracking on that.

Halloween.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Halloween

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

chrome line
Oct 13, 2022

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

everyone loves a good kamehameha

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

I wonder if there's an actual Halloween Devil out there that's bummed that Cosmo is stealing their thunder.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Terrifying Effigies posted:

I wonder if there's an actual Halloween Devil out there that's bummed that Cosmo is stealing their thunder.

Either that or they're friends and Halloween enjoys the free publicity Cosmo is giving them.

In return the Halloween Devil is always warning people to beware of the power of the cosmos.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Either that or they're friends and Halloween enjoys the free publicity Cosmo is giving them.

In return the Halloween Devil is always warning people to beware of the power of the cosmos.
Imagining a kitschy scarecrow with a Jack-O'-Lantern head, but it's also wearing a space helmet.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Supersonic Shine posted:

Imagining a kitschy scarecrow with a Jack-O'-Lantern head, but it's also wearing a space helmet.

what I love most about darkness devil is how loving bizarre the whole encounter is. oh this demon will cast darkga on us and shoot fancy beams. nah it'll just point and your limbs become detached from your god drat body

oh let's throw in some astronauts too why not

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
The true secret of the Cosmos Devil is that there is no 'matter'. It's devils. No quarks, no baryons. It's devils all the way down. Everything is devils. Everything is Halloween.

Halloween.

Halloween.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
God, the Darkness Devil ruled so much. Completely incomprehensible. You might hear a noise, you might see the aftermath, but you have no idea what happened. Because it all happened in the dark.

You cannot grasp the true form of the Darkness Devil's attack.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

oh so me not understanding what the gently caress went on in that fight was intentional

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

The anime Darkness Devil encounter is going to rule so hard.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

hbag posted:

oh so me not understanding what the gently caress went on in that fight was intentional

yes 100%

all of hell is supposed to give off an alien incomprehensible vibe and it did that spectacularly

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

hbag posted:

Yup. One of the scariest things about the dark is you have no idea what's going on when you're in it.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
And Denji won by being somehow even more incomprehensible than the darkness.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Namnesor posted:

And Denji won by being somehow even more incomprehensible than the darkness.

Denji lost to the Darkness Devil, Makima was dying to it as well, but managed to bail them out.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

MonsterEnvy posted:

Denji lost to the Darkness Devil, Makima was dying to it as well, but managed to bail them out.

Oh, you're right, I'm thinking of Santa Claus

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

what I love most about darkness devil is how loving bizarre the whole encounter is. oh this demon will cast darkga on us and shoot fancy beams. nah it'll just point and your limbs become detached from your god drat body

oh let's throw in some astronauts too why not

every time you look up at the stars in the sky, you're also seeing the darkness between the stars

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Alacron posted:

You cannot grasp the true form of the Darkness Devil's attack.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

yeah I can it's in the comic

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

galagazombie posted:

Iirc, one of the many, many tomes of knowledge pictured in that scene is a book that says You Will Only Think Of Halloween Until You Die or something like that, which presumably is like a forced effect.

Halloween!

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

lol at goons itt trying to Figure Out What He Meant regarding what im pretty sure was just a throwaway joke

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Namnesor posted:

Oh, you're right, I'm thinking of Santa Claus

Santa claus was buffed by the darkness devil to be fair.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1014536

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Denji is invincible

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

*taps head* Can't be susceptible to mind reading if you don't have a mind to read.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
"Head empty, one thought." - Sun Tzu, probably.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Denji is going to be defeated because a woman in her underwear is in front of him.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

"Hey, you bad devil!"

I loving love Denji.

No thoughts, head empty, time to saw.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I appreciate Justice fangirling over Chainsaw Man.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Still unclear who that girl was last chapter!!!

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Justice reads denji's mind and it's all links to his Soundcloud

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

ED4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIKW3NKYBWw

Very rude