Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Like we've seen Rayleigh and Roger together and it never registered that there was nearly a meter of heigh in between them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Those pieces of Roger and Rayleigh being dads to Buggy and Shanks are adorable :3:

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Beaten to it.

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence
I now want even more Buggy, immediately.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Today's fanartist is MusasabiOP, who I believe is hella thirsty for middle-aged men and dads (adopted or otherwise) in One Piece.

Who isn't?

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef

MorningMoon posted:

Zou is zo good

Teared up again

Real nice of Oda to have Raizo be the only Scabbard to accomplish anything meaningful during the raid. Makes all the suffering on Zou worth it in the end.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

It never occurred to me before that Shanks dresses exactly the same as Rayleigh.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

https://twitter.com/newworldartur/status/1587518861171212290?t=UTFXxtyGSC_kDbP7xtePAw&s=19

A lot of new SBS info coming out.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

https://twitter.com/newworldartur/status/1587487140216176646?t=_NP1TJJpz2JC-qD_V8dugw&s=19

Absolutely wild that Kid's backstory is dropped like this. Partly that he has it fleshed out to this extent, and partly that it likely won't ever come up in the story proper either. There is probably enough background details in Oda's head to fill an entire other manga the same length as the current story

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

Desumaytah posted:

Using long/baggy clothes and his chop chop fruit to appear massive seems like something Buggy would've done but somehow hasn't

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
the virgin rowling: they make their poop vanish with their wands
the chad oda: there was a four-way standoff until the revolution, which united all sectors under a single banner. they named their ship after their united and lost love.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Tampa Bae posted:

Using long/baggy clothes and his chop chop fruit to appear massive seems like something Buggy would've done but somehow hasn't

No he's done that, repeatedly actually.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

AtomikKrab posted:

No he's done that, repeatedly actually.
My brain is mush and I don't remember it :(

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

mabels big day posted:

https://twitter.com/newworldartur/status/1587487140216176646?t=_NP1TJJpz2JC-qD_V8dugw&s=19

Absolutely wild that Kid's backstory is dropped like this. Partly that he has it fleshed out to this extent, and partly that it likely won't ever come up in the story proper either. There is probably enough background details in Oda's head to fill an entire other manga the same length as the current story

This is really cool.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I have a friend reading One Piece and when they got to the Yamato reveal they asked me "Is Yamato a girl or a guy?" I answered a guy and I feel they didn't believe me.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

mabels big day posted:

I see he's still hiding the part about Kid being Shanks's son

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
We also finally have names for all of CP-0!
https://twitter.com/newworldartur/status/1587482659877490688?s=20&t=MTvh4KqLZYEpddOB_Ehd5w

Also confirmed that Guernica took the picture of Luffy's new Joy Boy wanted posted, but did not confirm if he survived or Joseph just had the film.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Electric Phantasm posted:

Oh God I'm sorry I didn't mean for that post to come off as you dying. I was making a joke about Buggy's can't-go-on-that-island disease.

oh ahahha dw i did not take it that way, just wanted to declare my love for OP loudly

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Super Rad posted:

Real nice of Oda to have Raizo be the only Scabbard to accomplish anything meaningful during the raid. Makes all the suffering on Zou worth it in the end.

his victory was thematically resonant with his weakness during the flashback too. raizo is the scabbard who complained about the heat while being lifted by oden, but then withstood burning for however long it took to win his battle.

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost
It's still funny how Raizo and Shinobu are the only ninja in the Ninja-Mink-Samurai-Pirate Alliance.

Delphisage fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Nov 2, 2022

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
It’s for the best, ninja law states that the more ninjas you have the worse they fight

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Havoc904 posted:

We also finally have names for all of CP-0!
https://twitter.com/newworldartur/status/1587482659877490688?s=20&t=MTvh4KqLZYEpddOB_Ehd5w

Also confirmed that Guernica took the picture of Luffy's new Joy Boy wanted posted, but did not confirm if he survived or Joseph just had the film.

Wait but that happened after he got flattened by Kaidou????

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Desumaytah posted:

Do you want shoujou manga bishounen Buggy cause I have that.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

guerNICA wake up sheeple

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Wait but that happened after he got flattened by Kaidou????

Yeah it doesn't make much sense. Either he somehow survived, decided to stick around and *not* kill luffy, took the picture, and bailed without anyone seeing and without reuniting with Joseph, all the while the gorosei mentioned how they lost him....or Oda mixed up the two characters names at some point (whether on here or in saying "Guernica" was the one who took the photo). Personally I lean towards the latter since "Joseph" is the only cp0 agent we saw leaving and surviving, and it would make sense for him to take the picture.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Either that or Oda decided angryface CP0 got to live.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Maybe he uses a drone camera den den.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Desumaytah posted:

Seraphim Buggy when?

E: now I'm imagining somebody taking pictures of Seraphim Buggy and spreading the news like "Wow, no wonder Buggy is a Yonkou! He's insanely powerful!"

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Seraphim Buggy when?

E: now I'm imagining somebody taking pictures of Seraphim Buggy and spreading the news like "Wow, no wonder Buggy is a Yonkou! He's insanely powerful!"

seraphim buggy being the most op one is going to be so funny

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

rannum posted:

guerNICA wake up sheeple

He was holding luffy as he was about to awaken, so he turned to rubbed before kaido hit him, allowing him to survive because of the residual effect

This is the only explaination

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.

anime was right posted:

seraphim buggy being the most op one is going to be so funny

Buggy saved the world from anyone with drive and ambition getting the chop-chop fruit and becoming an absolute monster.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Spanish Matlock posted:

Buggy saved the world from anyone with drive and ambition getting the chop-chop fruit and becoming an absolute monster.

Same for Foxy whose power is basically unstoppable and he mostly just uses it to cheat at boat races

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Drakkel posted:

Same for Foxy whose power is basically unstoppable and he mostly just uses it to cheat at boat races

Charlotte Brulee or maybe even Diamond Jozu would gently caress Foxy up

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Yeah but they'd lose to him in a boat race

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

The big question about Foxy's powers is are you able to use your own Devil Fruit Powers/Haki while you're frozen in time.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

The big question about Foxy's powers is are you able to use your own Devil Fruit Powers/Haki while you're frozen in time.

I thought Foxy's power was only slowed time, and only the victim's body was slowed, not their mind.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

TaurusOxford posted:

I thought Foxy's power was only slowed time, and only the victim's body was slowed, not their mind.
Thanks, now I'm getting a headache thinking about Kizaru and Foxy

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
fully expecting seraphim buggy to show up this arc just for luffy to be confused & impressed that he got so strong even after the concept of seraphim is explained to him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

lih posted:

fully expecting seraphim buggy to show up this arc just for luffy to be confused & impressed that he got so strong even after the concept of seraphim is explained to him

I’m expecting the opposite, seraphim buggy gets dumpstered by someone and everyone shits themselves because Buggy is so cool and strong that beating even a facsimile of him should be nigh impossible.