Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FIX SIGNS
Aug 29, 2006

You're fucking great,
just do what you can.
Jesus Christ :laffo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

ALRIGHT! THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN ABOUT

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Unironically good comics today.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

finally a character action that makes sense

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
annie has no agency in this page. she doesn't even speak :sigh:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Fecha posted:

annie has no agency in this page. she doesn't even speak :sigh:

Her shirt says it all: she is now firmly anti-remake after the last strips.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
I was really hoping all this week would be "Kat tries to deal with her recent traumas and fears via the medium of bad comics" week.

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

looking for information on posts
Sorry, where are people getting that these comics are by Kat? Did I miss something?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

PubicMice posted:

Sorry, where are people getting that these comics are by Kat? Did I miss something?

It's just an assumption honestly. They're stylistically different from the guest comics about games which aren't by the cast (the MGS ones), and well, Kat's drawn accurately so they have to be taking place "now".

edit: The comic has featured guest art by the main girls (and Mort) when they were kiddos too. They probably don't have much time for drawing now though, any of the three!

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Oct 25, 2022

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Plus she's The Pro Gamer so who else would make gamin' comics in universe eh?

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

it's like that one good joke took so much energy out of him that the gamer comics are somehow even worse than before

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
more like DOOKIE DICKER

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Cowcaster must've written this one

isasphere
Mar 7, 2013
Apparently the trick is to lean on dark humor.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Annie would be the type to play cookie clicker like it's an actual game instead of simply leaving the browser window open and allowing the dough to amass

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

isasphere posted:

Apparently the trick is to lean on dark humor.

so dark i can't even find it

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

Patware posted:

so dark i can't even find it

I think they're referring to how the Mort strip was better.

That said, I thought this one was okay. Maybe because I've played a lot of Cookie Clicker.

isasphere
Mar 7, 2013

Tiny Myers posted:

I think they're referring to how the Mort strip was better.

That said, I thought this one was okay. Maybe because I've played a lot of Cookie Clicker.

Oops, yeah, I meant the Mort one.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
The only good part of this is that "MMNo!" is what you should say to any friend who tries to get you into MMOs.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

Captain Oblivious posted:

The only good part of this is that "MMNo!" is what you should say to any friend who tries to get you into MMOs.

Aha! So you admit there's a good part!

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The SimCity thing was ridiculous because the dev tried to claim it was necessary for the game’s various simulation systems and then a modder showed that the game didnt utilize it for anything other than phoning home.

That and the horse armor dlc showed that no matter how big backlash is to something initially, if companies want to force lovely practices in their games/consoles they will eventually get their way with time and inertia

What a lovely way for that franchise to go out though, they really just didn’t give a poo poo

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Oct 27, 2022

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
~ It was all a dream. ~

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Haha I like the reveal that Kat has an utterly brilliant conscious mind... And a really bland average subconscious. No wonder the ether didn't mean anything to her, her dreams are super boring like normal peoples!

Edit: wonder if she's woken up to find she roboticized her pillow.

isasphere
Mar 7, 2013
This one was actually cute.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
whoever said the guest strips were from kat, you are technically correct, please come up and collect your small cigar

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Oh, the new chapter is Tom reconfiguring this comic back into a good one!

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

pik_d posted:

Sorry, the reconfiguration referenced is Jerrek officially becoming the main character. Annie will remain on the train for the duration of this chapter, only appearing on the final page to ask if she missed anything.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

pik_d posted:

First page: Annie looking at the camera "Jerrek more like Jerk"

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
A wolf went past us, then another wolf that looked just like it.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Serious question here I promise I’m not nitpicking this comic because it’s bad:

Have Zimmy and Gamma at any point prior demonstrated the ability to ki sense poo poo going down like Piccolo on the lookout

Is that weird it feels weird

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Have Zimmy and Gamma at any point prior demonstrated the ability to ki sense poo poo going down like Piccolo on the lookout

Zimmy is sensitive to etheric disturbances for sure, though it's unclear how much. It's why the rain from the etheric power plant has an effect on her.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

The limits and capacities of Zimmy's power are extremely vague so of course she can.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

We don't plainly see stuff from Zimmy's perspective much. It's usually someone else's perspective reacting to her being all crazy, or her being someone else in one of her reality breaks. She has shown up before yelling about stuff annoying her so she absolutely has some kind of spider (lol) sense. Gamma we have even less of a handle on but given how adept she is at ZimmySpace again it's not weird that she'd be able to feel something's up, though probably differently to Zimmy.

e: and it feels weird because the biggest casualty of the weird chapters is that your suspension of disbelief and... can't think of the phrase, faith in the narrative? has been damaged so instead of your first response to new info being "ooh interesting how does this fit into the existing narrative" it's more "is this legit or an asspull".

Splicer fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Nov 2, 2022

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Did anything change zimmy?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Annointed posted:

Did anything change zimmy?

Skippy McPants posted:

Sorry, the reconfiguration referenced is Jerrek officially becoming the main character. Annie will remain on the train for the duration of this chapter, only appearing on the final page to ask if she missed anything.

e: I've got this cool mental image of in universe narrative threads like the etheric image of Andrew's powers, and Zimmy is seeing them shift and snap away from Annie's narrative loci to whiplash onto Jerrek.

Splicer fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Nov 2, 2022

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

you know what i'm just gonna be glad the camera cut to zimmy and she wasn't once again like distorted in insane pain

Arbetor
Mar 28, 2010

Gonna play tasty.

Patware posted:

you know what i'm just gonna be glad the camera cut to zimmy and she wasn't once again like distorted in insane pain

I agree with this, although I will admit that my first thought on loading the page was "Oh goody, is Zimmy going to wave her hand and solve everything for Annie again?" I went back and re-read Find Yourself, and it still doesn't feel right.

Just gonna go:

"I think I know something that will help Jerrek understand himself a little better."
<Couple pages of freaky etheric smears>
Jerrek is just Jerrek, no more tension between Loup's own desires and his physical body's.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

I'm excited for Zimmy and Gamma. I like how they look on this page.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Tiny Myers posted:

I'm excited for Zimmy and Gamma.

:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Patware posted:

Great going, just absolutely stellar work