Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

https://twitter.com/ManInBookshelf/status/1587178608094838785

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
this chapter is a perfect encapsulation of why I love this series

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Annointed posted:

Justice reads denji's mind and it's all links to his Soundcloud

Denji's mind: Have you heard about our sponsor Raid: Shadow Legends?

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

It's the greatest thing i have ever seen :smithicide:

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Now that's a president

raocow
Apr 23, 2007

Keen Dreams

Please give me a chance to be a better person. -Willhart
I have never noticed how fat Meowy was until this episode

don't overfeed your cat Power!!

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Denji oh no, my secret will be revealed. How terrible.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Hey, so anyone ever figure out why Angel had that power or is it just "because it's cool."

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I Am Fowl posted:

Hey, so anyone ever figure out why Angel had that power or is it just "because it's cool."

The crusades would be my best guess, weaponizing human life for the sake of a holy war?

Space Cadet Omoly fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Nov 1, 2022

ainda_
Oct 9, 2021

We Are All Us
We will heal the world.
Y'all think too hard. Angels got flaming swords and blew up Sodom and Gomorrah. They're always wearing armor and got swords. In Japanese fantasy media they're almost always either symbols of harsh, indiscriminate divine authority or corrupted forms of humanity with no conventional morality. Makea-u-into-a-dope-spear is very comfortable in that.

Also, cuz it was dope.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.

I Am Fowl posted:

Something about devotion, giving your life to your faith, as represented by a lil winged twink <3

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

ainda_ posted:

Also, cuz it was dope.

It's this

ainda_
Oct 9, 2021

We Are All Us
We will heal the world.

Popo posted:

Something about devotion, giving your life to your faith, as represented by a lil winged twink <3

Also yea shooting off from this, comfort is always a lie in Chainsaw Man. Or at least, it's used cynically a tool for violence like anything else. Makima is Makima and that angel who's come to comfort you is stealing away the last of your time on Earth to turn you into a sword.

USAGE: 1000 YEARS

ainda_ fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Nov 1, 2022

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Denji this chapter: oh whoops oh I dropped my MONSTER RIPCORD that I use for my MAGNUM SAW

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.

I Am Fowl posted:

devils often have weird arbitrary powers with an unclear relation to their namesake - princi was the spider devil but had the weird zipper thing that let her summon makima for instance

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Trapdoor (to hell) Spider, ez pz

Wonderslug
Apr 3, 2011

You don't say.
Fallen Rib
Let's be real, he had that power because it made his life awful and no one is allowed to have nice things.

At the very least, they are not allowed to hang on to nice things.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

lih posted:

devils often have weird arbitrary powers with an unclear relation to their namesake - princi was the spider devil but had the weird zipper thing that let her summon makima for instance

Like how Spiders just appear in my house...
Honestly surprised she wasn't more powerful. Feels like she should be on par with Darkness in my absolutely objective, not terrified of spiders, opinion.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

I feel like CSMs power system is just very different than the heavy rules based fighting of NEN and Cursed energy and a lot of shonen rn. Its not nearly as strict. Angel drains your life because of the loose association with a peaceful death. He makes swords because of the loose association with flaming swords.

It really just always boils down to “what is scary about X, and then how would a devil use that scary thing.” The spider devil is a good one because what’s scary about spiders? Finding one. How did it get there? It can probably teleport.

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

chainsawman is basically just pure "rule of cool"

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Also it’s wild reading this manga and then trying to read poo poo like Tokyo Ghoul or JJK. Fujimoto uses dialogue so much less than his contemporaries.

I feel the same way about watching the CSM anime and then watching literally anything else airing this season.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Also it’s wild reading this manga and then trying to read poo poo like Tokyo Ghoul or JJK. Fujimoto uses dialogue so much less than his contemporaries.

Or, for a laugh, open up nearly any recent chapter of HxH hahahaha

e: a page from the most recent chapter of HxH, censored for the sake of spoiler caution

This is one of his less offensively text dense pages but c'mon Yoshihiro, just write a book my dude

Scholtz fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Nov 2, 2022

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Every time I see Power in the anime I hate Makima a little more.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

PringleCreamEgg posted:

Makima did not lalalalah in the ending

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

PringleCreamEgg posted:

Yeah

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

PringleCreamEgg posted:

Same

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

Scholtz posted:

Or, for a laugh, open up nearly any recent chapter of HxH hahahaha

e: a page from the most recent chapter of HxH, censored for the sake of spoiler caution

This is one of his less offensively text dense pages but c'mon Yoshihiro, just write a book my dude
No, that's the most text-dense spread of the chapter; only the next two pages come close to matching it. Most have significantly less text, and a few have hardly any text at all. The last chapter had even less.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Elephant Parade posted:

No, that's the most text-dense spread of the chapter; only the next two pages come close to matching it. Most have significantly less text, and a few have hardly any text at all. The last chapter had even less.

ok sure but you can't pretend that HxH hasn't had some of the densest pages in shonen. I remember chapters that are wall to wall text with little action outside of it. hell I'm pretty sure that's happened this arc

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Elephant Parade posted:

Yeah I meant overall not specifically of that chapter

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

PringleCreamEgg posted:

"Bang."

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Bread Set Jettison posted:

While I like Chainsaw, I think I still prefer JJK to it.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

MonsterEnvy posted:

I like JJK but I don't think it has as tight of a ~100 chapter run as CSM part 1

Both are very, very good though.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Scholtz posted:

I like JJK but I don't think it has as tight of a ~100 chapter run as CSM part 1

Both are very, very good though.

This is the big one for me. Not saying every manga should be a tight <100 chapter story, but I love that part 1 tells a complete story within that chapter limit.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

MonsterEnvy posted:

Oh don’t get me wrong I also love JJK as well. It’s definitely just different. CSM and his one shots rely so much on visual story telling. And I think it makes Fujimoto stand out to me.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Continuing my Fujimoto binge by grabbing a copy of Look Back. Arrived today, plowed through it and it was a cute little read with a really sad turn. It's amazing in how few pages he capurted a really quite complicated relationship. The scene of Kyomoto saying she wants to go to art school and Fujino berrating her is as harsh a break up and Guts and Griffith in the snow. And that "what could have been" sequence!

[insert various onomatopias signifying a range of hard to describe feelings]

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
So the whole point of brimgimg back giant justice devil was to expose chainsaw man?! Lol this manga is wild

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Al-Saqr posted:

So the whole point of brimgimg back giant justice devil was to expose chainsaw man?! Lol this manga is wild

I don’t even think Chainsaw Man was exposed, at least not in the sense that our new MCs know who he is. Or at least, it seems like it’d be funnier if that’s how it played out so that’s how it’s gonna be.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

both look back and goodbye eri are succinct works of genius and cemented fujimoto as a top tier mangaka in my books

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8QGft5frtI