Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Missingnoleader posted:

Harvest festival is one of the longest arcs, so I doubt we'd get past the in between chapters to the Music Fest. After all we do only have 21 episodes. I'm just hoping we get a music festival movie to get the budget we deserve.

I could've sword there was something in the new OP that referenced it, but upon rewatch, I'm wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Brought To You By posted:

Looking Ahead

Azazel Amelie is such an amazing character on so many levels it pains me she is not able to interact with her boyfriend more often than these between arc cooldowns. The spoon, that look

fake edit: RIP Henry's wallet

Yeah, I love her in part because I can't think of many romantic characters who push the lead like she does.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

I'm glad the teachers recognize that they went way overboard. It's not great when the only one who actually tried to make it a learning experience is the terrorist infiltrator.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I'm re-reading the series for the 4th or 5th time and I have to say. I love how Kirio goes full Aizen, he monologues his origins and evil intentions. And Iruma just gives him the equivalent of "You may have been born in hell, but my life was a living hell" and thwarts his plans. Especially when Kirio was so confident that only Sullivan could break his barrier and Iruma just smiles because he knows, and we know, who pumped his ring full of mana. Good stuff, this series is a consistently well written treat.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Gaap arc? Gaap arc.

The junk collector
Aug 10, 2005
Hey do you want that motherboard?
Gimme them deep dark secrets that get solved through the power of friendship.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Oh hell yeah; payoff for Gaap Goemon being absent from the Heartbreaker.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
:unsmigghh:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

*banging fork and knife on the table*
Gaap arc!
Gaap Arc!!
GAAP ARC!!!
GAAP ARC!!!

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Gaap's real face is even more beautiful than Agares and no one can handle it

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I love Opera. Their gender is "what do you think my gender is, little cis-boy?"

It's aspirational.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Misfits translated Nishi's previous oneshot Dead an Dead and for the longest time I thought that image of a guy who looked like Jazz holding a gun was fanart. Turns out it's her previous OC recycled into the resident big brother of Iruma's class.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Misfits translated Nishi's previous oneshot Dead an Dead and for the longest time I thought that image of a guy who looked like Jazz holding a gun was fanart. Turns out it's her previous OC recycled into the resident big brother of Iruma's class.

I had no idea that thing actually came from something that was published.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Gaap Goemon Part 2

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

So Gaap is a Lovecraftian horror

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

GAAP ARC!!!
GAAP ARC!!!
Gaap Arc!!
Gaap arc!
*puts fork and knife on table*

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

ThingOne posted:

So Gaap is a Lovecraftian horror

He's just that ugly.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

You are a good friend Agares.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I also realize that Clara's nickname for Gaap has the same convention as her nickname for Alice. Mop head is Goe-Goe, and Alice is Azz-Azz.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Bitter Medicine

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

That chapter was just too cruel.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

I'm actually crying at my computer right now I wasn't expecting this level of absolute destruction so immediately. I often talk about how powerful the ability to slam the reader with something when they turn the page works in comics/manga and my god did Nishi knock it out of the park.
I like that Leid didn't get rid of Justin Beeber's number but that's scary to think what he'd have to do to get a ticket. God drat that ending is perfect.

Lock Knight
Oct 5, 2012

You're gonna carry that weight.
Cybernetic Crumb

We gather here to-day to mourn Lied's pride. Requiescat in pace.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Lock Knight posted:

We gather here to-day to mourn Lied's pride. Requiescat in pace.

At least he took his sister down with him. Shame about everything else though

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Walking a Highwire

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Opera really knows how to dominate these parent teacher conferences.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I mean, when you bullied were a good friend of the teacher back in your school days, it's easy to find an angle of attack.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Kalego's brother will join Purson's brother and Jazz's brother in the lovely sibling pantheon.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Kalego's brother will join Purson's brother and Jazz's brother in the lovely sibling pantheon.

Don't forget Shax.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Balam and Iruma's interactions are adorable.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."
Narnia?

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

LostRook posted:

Don't forget Shax.

Lied and Shakky are normal siblings, who doesn't rib their family member but still make sure they aren't terribly hung over in the morning?

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

That is a very angry cat

The junk collector
Aug 10, 2005
Hey do you want that motherboard?

Kanos posted:

Balam and Iruma's interactions are adorable.

Balam just being a good teacher and Veterinarian to Iruma

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Chapter 222.5 I guess skill matters more than age for getting into Babyls.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Shiida's ambiguous loyalty basically being an open secret is an interesting way to take things. At this point, Bablys is more or less giving her an open invitation to defect and seeing if she takes them up on the offer.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Poor Lied. He's such a dork.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
This is like, my favorite part in one of my favorite arcs of the manga. I just love Iruma going feral.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
As A Teacher

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Oh no. Also, oh yes.