Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

So essentially the NCAA is never going to hand out severe punishments ever then. Unless you do something momentously stupid, you're never getting caught until years later anyway,

Last year I thought Iowa State would suck, and then they turned out to be pretty good. I'm backing to thinking they will suck, but will be happy to be proven wrong. We lost our two best players in Brockington and Hunter. Otzelberger has shown to get out a lot out of his players though, so I'm hoping this team is better than expected.

ISU really fell off towards the end of last year, and I'm not sure if that was because guys just got gassed after the wear and tear of the season, or if teams actually figured out ISU's game plan. I'm thinking it was the former, if it's the latter, then we're probably hosed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Gradey Dick looked like a one and done in his first game last night.

He's a lottery pick to me based on the sheer amount of Dick jokes already made and coming. Like 80% of everything written about him sounds like a dick joke, including my last sentence. I don't know when it will get old but it hasn't yet.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
NIL rules

https://twitter.com/EasePlumbing/status/1588669557052526593?t=Jq6SC20G7p4M_DmKgbf-nA&s=19

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
there's a whole shitload of games tomorrow, very much looking forward to the month or two of the college basketball season where i can focus on tiny schools i've never heard of playing and once in a great while beating much bigger ones, before conference play arrives and it's just UNC-Duke round the clock

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Lumbering but Unstoppable Sasquatch of the Appalachians
Guys guys it's here :D

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Some guy for Stetson has hit 6 3-pointers against Florida State in the first half so far.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
Marcus Sasser is a bad mother fucker and it's so nice to have him back

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Virginia Tech is....

*gulp*

....okay deep breath now-

- legitimately a threat to repeat in the ACC

THERE I SAID IT

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
ah poo poo TCU survived against Arkansas Pine Bluff by a single point, that would’ve been a great day 1 upset

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
southern indiana shot 15-30 from deep tonight. they can't play defense but they sure as poo poo can shoot the ball

Internet Savant
Feb 14, 2008
20% Off Coupon for 15 dollars per month - sign me up!
Memphis beat Vandy and I am not real sure if Memphis played good defense or Vandy was bad? Memphis didn't exactly look like world beaters and are a terrible 3 point shooting team (as many predicted)

Squashy
Dec 24, 2005

150cc of psilocybinic power
UAB put up 111 vs. Alabama State today. We looked more cohesive than last year, but we were playing weak competition tonight. We play Dayton Friday afternoon. I have a feeling we're gonna do great things this year. I'm just happy we play Fastest 40 style again. It's just fun to watch your team full-court press with 100 points

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

VT has better guard play this year than last, and our overall front court is much deeper. Aluma was a better overall player than Basile, but the dropoff on O is only at the rim, Basile looking great on the drive and from deep.

Having a 6'9 265 lb backup 5 is very very fun, and we have a legit 2 deep at both the four and five this year instead of one of each with a below average stretch four helping.

Nur_Neerg fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Nov 8, 2022

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

genuinely surprised that northwestern defeated chicago state

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Lincoln University (MO) became the first* non D1 school this year to beat a D1, taking out Missouri Kansas City. D2 LIncoln's name makes a lot of sense given that it was founded in 1866 to educate black US Army vets.

* Actually it might have been D2 Illinois Springfield beating Northern Illinois though they aren't as interesting now that they aren't called Sangamon State. or maybe D2 Notre Dame of Ohio beating Cleveland State. Nothing all that noteworthy anyway)

Also at one point today there were like 170 games going at one time, easily the peak of this season's schedule.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
Purdue won easily over a Milwaukee team who was on night two of a back to back. Milwaukee has Vin Baker Jr and a cousin of Manute Bol, so that's cool.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Knights!

https://twitter.com/BUKnightsMBB/status/1590560746064449537?t=gaIec57HxcAOClFmrwEQxQ&s=19

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
Does Michigan State have a guy this year like

Year 1: Redshirted at Whatever U
Y2: Transferred to MSU mid-season
Y3: Played in 22 games
Y4: ???
Y5: Missed season due to leg injury
Y6: Missionary work
Y7: Played in 36 games, averaged 8.3ppg
Y8: Missed season to undergo double arm transplant.
This year: He’s 26 and somehow still technically a junior, leads the team in points, rebounds and steals, everyone hates him

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
No that's not really an MSU archetype

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Don't think I can call that a moral victory for MSU

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
Just came back from Annapolis, Houston didn't look too convincing but still beat a bad St. Joe's team pretty solidly. For some reason, Navy kept the arena's AC off until late in the second half, so the game had a ton of interruptions to towel off the floor

Was hoping the Gonzaga and UNC scores held so we could have a shot at #1, oh well

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Missouri's defense is non-existent but their offense scores a poo poo ton of points

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID
https://twitter.com/drewmagary/status/1591247420838793217

maruhkati fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Nov 12, 2022

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

gonzaga frauds as uusual

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
I can honestly say that American Family Field is a better place to watch a basketball game than Ryan Field is to watch a football game.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Michigan almost lost to Eastern Michigan (with Emoni Bates), but pulled it out. Good thing Hunter Dickinson came back (and his 31 points) because Michigan went 25/40 from the line and 5/21 from 3 and couldn't defend worth a drat. Fun game though!

https://twitter.com/umhoops/status/1591286132209487872

He was very annoying and that's a pretty high compliment.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Purdue missed their first 16 3s tonight and went 2-19 overall. Luckily A) They were playing Austin Peay, B) their defense is improved from last year, and C) Zach Edey is 7'4" and cannot be guarded 1 on 1. He went 12-13 from the floor.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

PotatoJudge posted:

Purdue missed their first 16 3s tonight and went 2-19 overall. Luckily A) They were playing Austin Peay, B) their defense is improved from last year, and C) Zach Edey is 7'4" and cannot be guarded 1 on 1. He went 12-13 from the floor.

A double-double with no assists. The Kris Humphries special

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Purdue really does just grow these guys in vats huh

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Louisville off and running with one-point losses to Bellarmine and Wright State.

Guess they’re keeping it close at least?

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

elentar posted:

Purdue really does just grow these guys in vats huh

They're redshirting a 7'2 kid from Sweden.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
lol Vols poo poo their pants today in Nashville against Colorado. Pathetic

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Yale and Mississippi Valley State are playing a basketball game in Hawai`i and that’s honestly kinda wild.

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

VT's rotational players combined for 15/25 from 3 tonight, finished 16/32 after getting backups and walk-ons in. Mike Young's offense is very fun, excited to see em play in person against OK State in Brooklyn next month. Hopefully they get better on defense as the season goes on :v:

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Can't talk much about ISU, they blew out their first two cupcakes, so that's a good sign I guess. They get Villanova on Thanksgiving, then St. Johns and Iowa. Those are their only real non-con games they could lose. If they go into Big 12 play with just 1 or 2 losses, I'll feel pretty good about the season.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
Was checking the scores for Houston's future opponents, and, uh, Texas Southern beat Arizona State last night?

Hirsute
May 4, 2007
Kentucky is going to be fuckin loaded next year

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/35027102/no-1-ranked-recruit-dj-wagner-picks-kentucky-louisville

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

crazy what happens to uk recruiting once the whole competition gets nuked wiith ncaa violations......

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
Houston held Max Abmas to 1-13 shooting last night :staredog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Demon Of The Fall posted:

lol Vols poo poo their pants today in Nashville against Colorado. Pathetic