Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Plutonis posted:

Brazilian Dub Kizaru and Franky are so bad

Do you have examples?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fabiopenz
Jun 22, 2015

Plutonis posted:

Brazilian Dub Kizaru and Franky are so bad

They had to compensate for the greatness that is brazilian Hatchan

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
[snipped until further confirmation]

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Nov 9, 2022

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

It's pretty hosed up that you can just buy one of these.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Scholtz posted:

Smugly pressing the button from the Dzungarian Basin.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

[snipped until further confirmation]

Cp0 is onto you!

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Water 7 / Enies Lobby is my favorite arc but Egghead Island might knock it off its perch.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/Eiichiro_Staff/status/1590177396749402113?s=20&t=bBjbh9GndwQavdfjhmhDrA

So this is gonna probably be one of those live shows where they put the anime girl on a projection hologram.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
The thing I like about dendenmushi is that their physical appearances change to match the current user's expressions, but their accessories are added manually by their owners. So Law definitely obtained (made...?) a small version of his hat and put it on at least two different snails.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

The den den mushi make me wonder if their communication ability is similar to how Luffy and others talk to people over long distances.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The Will of D......

Denden Mushi.....

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Waffleman_ posted:

The Will of D......

Denden Mushi.....

:hmmyes:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Transpon D. Ersnail

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

The Will of D......

Denden Mushi.....

:vince:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I always forget how evil the Germa dining room is

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's literally Shocker lol

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
usopp's ultimate shot from dressrosa is bar none his coolest moment in the story lol

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
and this is with the ennies lobby heart-shootin' combo in the running...

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

With Caeser back with Germa and Queen *somewhere*, excited to see if we'll get a reunion of MADS yet in Egghead.

Speaking of the snail telephones, chuckled at the Oda comment in the Film Red notes that she found an "experimental, extra special" prototype that allowed her to send her picture... because if those were widespread that'd be a way too convenient tech.

Cloks posted:

Water 7 / Enies Lobby is my favorite arc but Egghead Island might knock it off its perch.

Bold claim 5 chapters into an arc.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Except that somehow her viewers were also able to send their images so did she just send out a buncha Twitch snails at random

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Violen posted:

usopp's ultimate shot from dressrosa is bar none his coolest moment in the story lol

It’s almost as cool as when Sogeking burnt the World Government flag.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I like him unmasking and calling out to Luffy at the climax of Enies Lobby

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!

MorningMoon posted:

I remember watching the show with my wife. I had read the manga, and was telling her “yeah, Sanji’s family is literally a Nazi Super Sentai group.”

Literally seconds before that scene she says “They’re horrible people, but I don’t see anything that is literally Nazi…”

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

MorningMoon posted:

LOL at the Nordic cross hidden behind the iron eagle.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Scholtz posted:

https://twitter.com/SteveYurko/status/1590068355150798848?s=20&t=-dtzAo2mQqp--ESHzbfpEA

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Scholtz posted:

Casetify sold Airpod cases shaped like it too, which is kinda cool until you see the £100 price tag

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Did Oda ever explain what the 66 in Germa 66 is for? Curiously, there's a 66 marker also on the big egg that makes up Egghead isle.

...MADS?

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

CatstropheWaitress posted:

Did Oda ever explain what the 66 in Germa 66 is for? Curiously, there's a 66 marker also on the big egg that makes up Egghead isle.

...MADS?
About 300 years ago, the Germa Kingdom was at the center of the Germa Empire, which spanned the entire North Blue for 66 days. Judge wants to rebuild that empire. I took it as a thinly-veiled reference to 88, the Hitler Number. As said above, they are very very very thinly coded Neo-Nazis.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

I still love that the mad scientists in the setting got together in their own crew at one point and called them selves MADS

PirateZim
Apr 24, 2005

now that the crew is back together and the anime can do a proper filler arc again, how many episodes do you think they'll fill between wano and egghead

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

PirateZim posted:

now that the crew is back together and the anime can do a proper filler arc again, how many episodes do you think they'll fill between wano and egghead

Zero. They haven't done real filler arcs since pre-timeskip, and any filler arcs they've done simce then have all been movie tie ins, which thete won't be any around the time wano finishes in a year. At best you might get a couple of specials

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
They've done filler arcs they've just all been like 4 episodes long maximum for some reason. Although I guess when your writers' only good idea in the last ten years has been a character named All-Hunt Grount I guess you're stuck between a rock and a hard place.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Got a day off so I'm going to catch Red in IMAX this afternoon :c00l:

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

Cat Machine posted:

I took it as a thinly-veiled reference to 88, the Hitler Number.

I'd sooner believe it's a spoof on sentai/super robot fighting forces like the rest of the Vinsmoke family's aesthetic.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

...MADS?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNjWpZmxDgg

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Delphisage posted:

I'd sooner believe it's a spoof on sentai/super robot fighting forces like the rest of the Vinsmoke family's aesthetic.

Yeah, like I said, the base rings very Shocker from Kamen Rider

That said, Shocker was very explicitly Nazis sooooo

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Cool, missed that. All the more curious why the BIG EGG has 66 on it then.

Also, no break next week :unsmith:

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

Cool, missed that. All the more curious why the BIG EGG has 66 on it then.
Judge was one of Vegapunk's disciples, so he probably took the 66 from them thinking it was cool or showed affiliation. The 66 is likely something to do with the Void Century society it was salvaged from, and might've been part of Vegapunk's inspiration to split their workload into six.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Watched RED in imax w/ my gf on Monday, there was one other person in the entire theater. Aside from it being extremely loud, had a great time. In a film with fantastic outfit designs nothing could hold a candle to child bepo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
I love the idea of the Germa 66 being Judge's attempt to be Vegapunk just with his kids instead of his psyche. I guess Sanji is like if Desire ran off?