Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny

Feenix posted:

Is it likely 1/1/23?

They’re usually pretty reliable:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

I will only vote for the LEGO ideas set with the most frogs.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
drat you musta loved the Parisian Cafe

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Carbohydrates posted:

Pft, that guy. Like, who does that? He needs to give it a rest.

On an unrelated note, been toying with this:

drat it Carbo, I can smell that image, i hated that smell as a kid... though it would need the brick effect blocks to be white with specks of red bricks for the blood they couldn't clean off.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

So new modular is basically same size and price as the Boutique Hotel… after the mid year price increase on that set from $200 to $230.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Carbohydrates posted:

I like that the hamburger frog had its eyes covered so that I didn;t immdiately know it was a frog.
But also grinding up the frogs makes me giggle.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

smackfu posted:

So new modular is basically same size and price as the Boutique Hotel… after the mid year price increase on that set from $200 to $230.

Not getting into the modulars from the beginning is simultaneously fantastic and awful for me.
I want them all, but on the other hand I haven't spent literal thousands of dollars on them, so it's full of contrasts.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Luckily Assembly Square being expensive broke my streak and now I don’t feel obligated to buy them unless they are well reviewed. Keep in mind the earlier ones were only $150 when they came out.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Carbohydrates posted:

Frog mince. Frog mince. Frog mince.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Lizard Combatant posted:

Frog mince. Frog mince. Frog mince.

I played that flash game back in the day

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

smackfu posted:

Luckily Assembly Square being expensive broke my streak and now I don’t feel obligated to buy them unless they are well reviewed. Keep in mind the earlier ones were only $150 when they came out.

My reentry into Lego was the modular Fire Brigade, and that was £99.99. I thought that was pricey at the time, now I tend to regard anything in that ballpark as reasonable. :cripes:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I plan on hanging onto the modulars and then reselling them when it is time to put kids through college, and with the extra I will buy a small island.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
This Jaws set hit 10k.
https://www.toysnbricks.com/lego-ideas-jaws-project-creation-achieves-10-000-supporters-2nd-time/
I really hope they make it, it'd be a day one purchase for me. The movie is such a classic.

As a kid I would play in the bathtub with this set and pretend it was the Orca.
https://brickset.com/sets/4010-1/Police-Rescue-Boat

Though, the boat needs to be bigger.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

That’s a bit dumb to allow projects to get nominated a second time.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Made a Mon Calamari Light Frigate, not a whole lot of white curved pieces so made due

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Nov 8, 2022

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

a sexual elk posted:

Made a Mon Calamari Light Frigate, not a whole lot of white curved pieces so made due

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Oh that dusty guy?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Carbohydrates posted:

:discourse:

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

a sexual elk posted:

Oh that dusty guy?

Throw those reds into that thing!

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

Motherfucking Amazon just delivered my UCS Star Destroyer that I ordered and they shipped it without a loving outer box. Just slapped stickers on top of it and loving sent it. There were zero shipping options available for the purchase during checkout, no gift wrapping or choice to use Amazon packaging. What a god drat joke, Jesus gently caress.

And yeah I'm probably just going to return it after I call Lego support to see if they can do something about it. What an immense hassle and let down jfc.

BaconCopter fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Nov 9, 2022

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

BaconCopter posted:

Motherfucking Amazon just delivered my UCS Star Destroyer that I ordered and they shipped it without a loving outer box. Just slapped stickers on top of it and loving sent it. There were zero shipping options available for the purchase during checkout, no gift wrapping or choice to use Amazon packaging. What a god drat joke, Jesus gently caress.

And yeah I'm probably just going to return it after I call Lego support to see if they can do something about it. What an immense hassle and let down jfc.

drat, that makes me second guess getting it form Amazon. Though I think my options are dwindling, since the online Lego store nor my local one have it in stock anymore

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Amazon's been doing that on random stuff the past year or two. I ordered a video card this past spring and it showed up on the porch in shrink wrap and a display box.

I'm not a box keeper so it doesn't bother me in principle but I'd really prefer to not have thousand dollar items easily identifiable from the road. I've had other stuff show up unwrapped but that was definitely the weirdest.

No rhyme or reason to it that I can determine.

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

xzzy posted:

Amazon's been doing that on random stuff the past year or two. I ordered a video card this past spring and it showed up on the porch in shrink wrap and a display box.

I'm not a box keeper so it doesn't bother me in principle but I'd really prefer to not have thousand dollar items easily identifiable from the road. I've had other stuff show up unwrapped but that was definitely the weirdest.

No rhyme or reason to it that I can determine.

Amazon did that to me with a smaller set (~700 pieces) last year, and I returned it to them with that as the reason. Then they shipped me a proper one. Surprised they're still doing it.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

BaconCopter posted:

Is the set complete and unopened? Is the box damaged? Amazon doesn't tend to have massive boxes of that size. Most really big items don't get boxed up because of this.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Waltzing Along posted:

Is the set complete and unopened? Is the box damaged? Amazon doesn't tend to have massive boxes of that size. Most really big items don't get boxed up because of this.

Dammit I was so pissed that i didn't even post that it's damaged. Besides huge stickers that aren't meant to be easily pulled off that'll probably damage the box, one of the top corners has ripped off in a 3"x3" tear. None of the inner boxes seem damaged, strange what an outer box can do.

Luckily I live in a pretty private complex so I don't have to worry about theft, but there is a very high chance that it would have been stolen at every other place that I've lived at before this. "HEY LOOK AT THIS EASILY RESELLABLE $700 LEGO!" And yeah, I was assuming they didn't have stock boxes sitting around for it, but they certainly could have made something and it should have at least said something about how it wasn't going to be boxed. gently caress Amazon, I'm probably going to cancel my prime account because of this.

BaconCopter fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Nov 9, 2022

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Were you trying to resell the box? It sounds like it did its job of getting the contents to you undamaged, who cares if a corner is ripped or there are stickers on it? You can drop it in the recycling either way.

If the package was stolen or the contents were damaged during shipping, amazon would send out another or get you a refund. It seems like everything worked out, what are you angry about?

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Captain Invictus posted:

I have this lego set! it is an amazing set, complete with a hubble space telescope! do not ship things this way!!!

it's hard to tell from the photos, besides the obvious general damage to the box, but it had been STOMPED TO poo poo, seriously just mangled to hell, wouldn't be surprised if a bunch of pieces were straight up broken in there. hadn't torn open(yet), but it definitely got super battered in transit and no doubt by various loaders along the way.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Were you trying to resell the box? It sounds like it did its job of getting the contents to you undamaged, who cares if a corner is ripped or there are stickers on it? You can drop it in the recycling either way.

If the package was stolen or the contents were damaged during shipping, amazon would send out another or get you a refund. It seems like everything worked out, what are you angry about?

Some people, myself included, don't see the lego box as simply a means to contain plastic bits. If you ever check prices of any out of print set you'd understand why. Not to mention you paid for it, why should you be ok with it being destroyed?

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

If the collectors market remains even slightly what it is today, you are recycling a lot of money with that UCS box. I dumped all of my unopened Lego sets recently plus everything built that I no longer wanna stare at. The difference the box makes - even damaged, folded, whatever - is immense. On one set (10268) it amounted to nearly 100%. The buyer payed basically the same for the box + instructions (after I found them) as for the bricks themselves, and in total way more than I got the set for, new.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

^This^

Wow, what an impressively bad post! Congrats.

ChesterJT posted:

Some people, myself included, don't see the lego box as simply a means to contain plastic bits. If you ever check prices of any out of print set you'd understand why. Not to mention you paid for it, why should you be ok with it being destroyed?

Also this. Box condition makes a huge difference for resale value, if I want to sell it down the road I will get significantly less cash for it than if it was a pristine box. If it had arrived in this condition from Lego themselves they would give me 10% of it's value in VIP points, so $70 for the box getting busted.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

BaconCopter posted:

Wow, what an impressively bad post! Congrats.

You and everyone else seem to agree that it's only a question of the resale value of the packaging. We're on the same page then, the damage to the box does nothing to take away from the actual enjoyment of the toy.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Also, there's the simple common decency to know that single ply cardbaord is not an acceptable shipping medium. It's really annoying that amazon will just decide that an unsealed, flimsy cardboard box can be shipped on its own. They shipped me a box that you can just open up, it wasn't even taped shut.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

100%. It's kind of unreal how intensely they have been cutting corners in recent years. I worked for a vinyl record distributor for a while and it takes so little effort to properly package something collectable when you have all of materials already available. Clearly more effort than doing literally nothing though. The graphics card situation that xzzy talked about is truly unreal.

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

drat, that makes me second guess getting it form Amazon. Though I think my options are dwindling, since the online Lego store nor my local one have it in stock anymore

If I would have known this is how they'd ship it I probably wouldn't have gone through with it, be careful. I probably would have been able to pick it up somewhere else back then too, now it's pretty much unavailable anywhere else. Except StockX, where you can Buy it Now $617 + fees, but their whole process takes forever since the seller has to first ship it to StockX, they verify it, and then they ship it to you. I tried to buy the Mos Eisely Cantina through them and my 'same as the last sold' offer price was accepted by a seller within hours around 2am my time. Except they didn't ship it and because of StockX counting days as "start to end of business days" I was screwed out of my money for more than a week and missed multiple eBay auctions for the same set for only slightly more. Also StockX didn't communicate what was going on whatsoever, I had to start the conversation.

BaconCopter fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Nov 9, 2022

Veotax
May 16, 2006

BaconCopter posted:

We probably can't do anything, we don't have spare boxes that we send out to customers. Usually we would tell you to go back to Amazon, or maybe in extreme situations we can replace the entire set, if you wanted to send it to our warehouse, and then maybe wait several weeks for the usual returns process before we shipped out the replacement, but the set is out of stock (and might never come back in stock since it's retiring at the end of the year) so we can't do that. Since it's not in stock and wasn't ordered from us, probably nothing we can do.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

That's pretty much what I was guessing would happen when I called tomorrow :( oh well. Thanks for the info and saving me the time, I appreciate the insider scoop.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

BaconCopter posted:

I think it's before checkout, but you have uncheck "no hassle packaging" which translates to just slapping sticker on the box. It's stupid as hell that they don't have enough sense to not default to that for expensive collectable stuff. Imo contact Amazon before Lego and explain the situation and see what they do. They tend to be pretty good about that stuff.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

I hear you, but that wasn't an option. There were no boxes, buttons, options in general. I seriously quadruple checked that there were no options because I've had to do it a roundabout ways a few times since I've gone through this a lot already. Removed it from my cart, made sure that I wasn't missing anything from the product page while adding it to my cart. No mention of Frustation Free or No Hassle, no ship in Amazon package, no gift wrapping options, nothing. It sucks that I should have just assumed that they'd ship it like the septic dumpster seepage that they are.

Is there actually a way to contact Amazon, like talk to someone, besides the click-through complaint/return process? I tried two seemingly different options but they both ended up dumping me into the same page where they offered a return with refund within 14 days, no replacement option. Then I searched around a bit and couldn't find anything on the site.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

You and everyone else seem to agree that it's only a question of the resale value of the packaging. We're on the same page then, the damage to the box does nothing to take away from the actual enjoyment of the toy.

Knowing that I can trade in my toy later helps ease the anxiety of opening and playing with what I know is a collectable.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Carbohydrates posted:

:frogon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Took the plunge and bought the Star Destroyer from Amazon. I’m calling it an early birthday present for myself lol. We’ll see how the delivery goes!