Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I like the Blue Hawaii fight and am glad it exists because my god it is absolutely terrifying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I am a fan of Automatic stands so I have enjoyed every fight against one.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Is Milagro Man considered more of an automatic stand like Born This Way, Blue Hawaii, etc or is it more like Stray Cat and Anubis where at this point it is its own user bound to a particular object?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I think reading it month to month made it worse for me, I should do a full reread when I get a chance

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

FirstAidKite posted:

Is Milagro Man considered more of an automatic stand like Born This Way, Blue Hawaii, etc or is it more like Stray Cat and Anubis where at this point it is its own user bound to a particular object?

It's more of an Anubis situation where it's basically just a curse, same with Les Feuilles/Shakedown Road. I wasn't that big on Milagro Man but I did enjoy Shakedown Road just for the twist of people using this supernatural force to do petty crime.

Populon
Mar 1, 2008

What's the matter,scared?

No Dignity posted:

VA's great downfall was making everything about the plot and also not having a plot

Also Giorno sucks and his stand is stupid

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Populon posted:

Also Giorno sucks and his stand is stupid

Abbacchio account spotted

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Milagro Man is good mostly because Joshu sucks and doesn't learn anything.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Joshuu did the right thing and turned Miracle Man back on that guy because gently caress that poo poo, nobody got time for this.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

WrightOfWay posted:

Milagro Man is good mostly because Joshu sucks and doesn't learn anything.

I like how Norisuke's one parenting goal was to make sure his kids weren't corrupted by their wealth and privledge, and they almost universally turned out to be entitled little shits

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
He got parenting somewhat right with Hato, Daiya is mostly alright aside from a very unpleasant introduction, but the two boys are just unsalvageable.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

As much as I’m just ok with Part 8’s ending at best the mom coming back and kicking rear end with a deck of cards was cool

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

He got parenting somewhat right with Hato, Daiya is mostly alright aside from a very unpleasant introduction, but the two boys are just unsalvageable.

Hato at least quickly got on board with Josuke's "please let me punch your boyfriend" plan before Damo melted absolutely everyone in the house.

And also stabbed the poo poo out of Damo

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Abbacchio account spotted

Giorno owns and so does his badass wild stand.

Most automatic stands are p cool, especially if they're also mouthy lil shits

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Dragon's Dream is by far my favorite automatic stand and probably in my top 3-5 favorite stands ever. For automatic stands Whitesnake is also up there because of how independent he is to the point of seeming at least partially sentient, or at least separately aware of things from Pucci. It's unclear if Whitesnake needs to communicate information to Pucci or (as I assume) whatever WS learns Pucci automatically knows, but I like to imagine that Pucci's the kind of person who would get a stand with enough of its own intelligence and independence for him to have conversations with. He'd effectively be talking to himself but lots of people do that anyway

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
White Snake is a remote control stand. Pucci and it are still connected.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
there's so many kinds of stands lol

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
There is honestly only three broad types. Close Range, Remote Control, Automatic.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Ebony Devil counts as auto(cept messin it up hurts the user) and it owns hard. They animated tf outta that fight.

White Snake is a normal stand I think, Pucci can send him so busted far tho that it can make you feel like it's automatic

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Jails and prisons give you plus 50 meters to stand range, true for Jotaro and true for Pucci.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I always figured WS was automatic because of the range and independence. Also I'm not 100% sure but I'm pretty sure WS and Pucci exchange words at least once, or one of them tells the other something. WS might technically fall into one category or another but he seems relatively unique

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

I've always assumed Whitesnake was just long range and Pucci can talk through it, but maybe I'm forgetting a time when it showed independent intelligence.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I think Whitesnake is also visible to normal people, since it was afraid of the guards showing up and abandoned murdering Jolyne during Operation Savage Garden.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

I think Whitesnake is also visible to normal people, since it was afraid of the guards showing up and abandoned murdering Jolyne during Operation Savage Garden.
Well at least some of the guards are stand users so maybe sticking around would be riskier than usual?

e: went looking for more info on Whitesnake and found this lol:

quote:

In order to distinguish his voice for Whitesnake from his Pucci voice, Pucci's English voice actor, Yong Yea, uses Patrick Star from the SpongeBob SquarePants series as a reference

Also, the jojo wiki says "Despite being controlled by Pucci, Whitesnake moves with its own sense of self-awareness" and cites JOJOVELLER p. 221-222, so if anyone has that handy you could potentially confirm this.

Son of Thunderbeast fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Nov 9, 2022

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Pootybutt posted:

Ebony Devil counts as auto(cept messin it up hurts the user) and it owns hard. They animated tf outta that fight.

White Snake is a normal stand I think, Pucci can send him so busted far tho that it can make you feel like it's automatic

Ebony Devil is Remote Control like White Snake.

Remote Control stands can have a degree of Independence as they can separate farther from their user, but they are still controlled by the user, and connected to them.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Nov 9, 2022

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Does Wonder of U fall under RC Stand?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
If White Snake counts as one then I’d say yeah

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Dragon's Dream is by far my favorite automatic stand and probably in my top 3-5 favorite stands ever. For automatic stands Whitesnake is also up there because of how independent he is to the point of seeming at least partially sentient, or at least separately aware of things from Pucci. It's unclear if Whitesnake needs to communicate information to Pucci or (as I assume) whatever WS learns Pucci automatically knows, but I like to imagine that Pucci's the kind of person who would get a stand with enough of its own intelligence and independence for him to have conversations with. He'd effectively be talking to himself but lots of people do that anyway

IMO Whitesnake's personality is an interesting window into Pucci himself, as Pucci starts acting quite similliar when he gets Made in Heaven and thinks he's untouchable. His last words were screaming about how Emporio is "insignificant", dude's got a God complex a mile wide.

That's probably why DIO's plan ultimately failed, since it essentially required someone selfless and uh Pucci was not that person at all

e: Also Pucci loves hearing himself talk but is never particularly interested in what anyone else(who isn't DIO) has to say but this is typical for Jojo villains

e2:

WrightOfWay posted:

I've always assumed Whitesnake was just long range and Pucci can talk through it, but maybe I'm forgetting a time when it showed independent intelligence.

During their fight with Foo Pucci has to physically shout "SHE'S DISTRACTING YOU DIPSHIT" to Whitesnake, it has it's own personality and initiative but being a Stand it's still kind of a reflection of Pucci's. C-Moon's main weakness is that it doesn't have the same indepedant ability so Pucci has to personally come out and pilot it once someone figures out a way to approach it and a real fight starts.

MiH seems entirely manual. There's probably some metaphor about how Pucci has to get more personally involved the closer he gets to Heaven and how this ultimately dooms him but I'm too lazy/dumb to really ponder over that.

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Nov 10, 2022

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Yinlock posted:

During their fight with Foo Pucci has to physically shout "SHE'S DISTRACTING YOU DIPSHIT" to Whitesnake, it has it's own personality and initiative but being a Stand it's still kind of a reflection of Pucci's
That's what it was! I definitely marked that scene as interesting because Pucci had to explicitly communicate information to Whitesnake which is pretty unusual, I couldn't remember exactly what it was though. So yeah between that an Araki himself saying WS has self-awareness I think that's a solid confirmation

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Whitesnake also tends to be far more aggressive and egotistical when talking with people. So is Pucci but he tends to be understated about it(at first) while Whitesnake is just constantly snarling at people like YOU ARE NOTHING TO ME NEVER QUESTION ME AGAIN or whatever

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Yinlock posted:

Whitesnake also tends to be far more aggressive and egotistical when talking with people. So is Pucci but he tends to be understated about it(at first) while Whitesnake is just constantly snarling at people like YOU ARE NOTHING TO ME NEVER QUESTION ME AGAIN or whatever

Yeah Whitesnake really does feel like who Pucci wants to be all the time, but because of circumstances is forced to be much more reserved.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Yeah Whitesnake really does feel like who Pucci wants to be all the time, but because of circumstances is forced to be much more reserved.

I'm not sure if Pucci's trying to delude everyone else or himself on that front, probably both.

It feels like Whitesnake is the ugly parts of Pucci that he doesn't want to acknowledge, but falls prey to as he moves closer to [Heaven]

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Trailer for final batch of part 6 episodes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ3RCnoZlLw

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Can't wait to see DIO's dumbass children animated

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Where the gently caress is Mickey?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

hatty posted:

Can't wait to see DIO's dumbass children animated

Part 5 already came out

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I'M APOLLO 11

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

What kind of cringe rename will Made in Heaven get?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I believe the Eyes of Heaven rename was Maiden Heaven

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The gangster move would be to change it back to Stairway to Heaven.