Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

DeadBonesBrook posted:

I've said in the past that I believe Luffy's dream that the crew reacted to involves exploring out of space. I wonder how all of this Vegapunk stuff will relate to it (if I'm correct), especially with the hints that Vegapunk sent soldiers to the moon in the past.

Honestly, "I want to adventure into space" would be the perfect dream for Luffy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

hmm it’s intriguing but I don’t see Shanks getting teary eyed over a trip to space

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

Guy A. Person posted:

hmm it’s intriguing but I don’t see Shanks getting teary eyed over a trip to space

Unless he shares that dream himself.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
Shanks and his crew of deadbeat dads hiding from alimony payments on the moon

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Yasopp's condition deteriorated and he has I-can't-be-on-the-same-planet-as-my-son disease. :(

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Luffy totally dies before he gets old. They made a whole big deal out of "this will heal you but drain your life power" in Impel Down, and I could have sworn there was a couple of other things too.

I don't think it's fair to call Saul a cheap fakeout death as say, Sabo. It was foreshadowed enough through character personalities (Akoji seeming to not be an rear end in a top hat) and the move name. Like, if Clover or Robin's mom were still alive, sure sure, but we did get confirmation all those folks died. Giant guy? That's fine.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

CatstropheWaitress posted:

Luffy totally dies before he gets old. They made a whole big deal out of "this will heal you but drain your life power" in Impel Down, and I could have sworn there was a couple of other things too.

I believe in Chopper

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 42 hours!

hatty posted:

I believe in Chopper

the grim reaper is gonna pet his head, give him cotton candy and then take luffy to Valhalla

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
I'm still mad that Zoro seeing the Grim Reaper didn't end up being a Brook joke, biggest wasted opportunity of the whole Wano arc

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

Guy A. Person posted:

It could be that he had heard the same from Roger.

Also Luffy ain't dying, he's beating Roger in every aspect.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4

Drakkel posted:

I'm still mad that Zoro seeing the Grim Reaper didn't end up being a Brook joke, biggest wasted opportunity of the whole Wano arc

Yeah what the gently caress happened with that? I need to reread from Zou or something I’ve forgotten so much stuff.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

ManSedan posted:

Yeah what the gently caress happened with that? I need to reread from Zou or something I’ve forgotten so much stuff.

He saw the Grim Reaper because he was near death after a grueling battle and super medicine drawbacks.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

He awakened his Stand, next time we see Zoro fight it'll be three-swords+one-scythe style

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Sengoku: Teach, how do you respond to claims that your Shichibukai crew are still running rampant as pirates?
Blackbeard: Oh Fleet Admiral, I'd be lying if I said my men weren't breaking the law :hmmyes:
Sengoku: .....touché.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Whole Cake Island is so good, what a depiction of abusive families, Sanji gets so much character and Brook is so loving cool facing Big Mom.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Anime then

Anime now

wtf happened

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

Sengoku: Teach, how do you respond to claims that your Shichibukai crew are still running rampant as pirates?
Blackbeard: Oh Fleet Admiral, I'd be lying if I said my men weren't breaking the law :hmmyes:
Sengoku: .....touché.

Lol

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1014690

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/one-piece-chapter-1066/chapter/25802?action=read

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

:bignews: Chapter exceedingly good and snot filled

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

"I re-quasar help!" is a great translation.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yeah, I think I initially thought Quasar was someone or something he was talking to, but I guess it was just supposed to be a speech tic.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Of all the revelations this arc, I certainly was least expecting Saul turning out to be the Burned Man.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
One of the many reasons I love One Piece so much is the deep roster of characters that pop back in after years of being out of the story. Every chapter since the end of Wano feels like an amazing treat as Oda moves all the pieces around the board in anticipation of END GAME. My favorite moment is going to be when Laboon pops back into the story to save the day and the reunion with Brook.

MorningMoon posted:

Whole Cake Island is so good, what a depiction of abusive families, Sanji gets so much character and Brook is so loving cool facing Big Mom.

I'll throw on the dub through the funimation app every couple of months to catch up. I was just watching through Whole Cake last night and thinking about how great of an arc it was. Brook has so many ace moments. While the anime is at it's laziest during this time, I feel like the Brook moments get elaborated on a bit. Also crazy that the funimation dub is finally caught up through WCI.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~

Terper posted:

Anime then

Anime now

wtf happened

?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

think its suppose to be ironic

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
i dont get it either way because i am very dumb

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019
vergo/monet are definitely alive and chilling underground with tupac and bourdain

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Why is this recent panel stylized differently than this old panel?

Why???

Scholtz fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Nov 13, 2022

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
wtf are you guys talking about with those panels

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i think it's supposed to be a joke by an alien who is unfamiliar with the concept of jokes

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

tbp posted:

wtf are you guys talking about with those panels

I took the original poster's comparison as "the art has gotten worse" and made a sarcastic post about how silly it is to compare a panel with one that's like 4x as big

But now I realize they said "anime now" and "anime then" so I have no idea what they're talking about

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's still a sarcastic post about the same concept, but making fun of posts people often make on the internet referring to anime at large, not just One Piece

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

I'm just happy for Robin

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Also now that we can say it outside of spoiler tags: Buster Call Saul

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TQQqvmovCQ

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Seeing Luffy's VA in the flesh (@1:30 in the video) is always a trip. It's like "How did this sweet old lady get possessed by the spirit of the man who will become the Pirate King???"

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Im totally fine with saul being alive and even put some stock into some of the theories that he was alive before this chapter

But I'm also mentally preparing for Roger to be alive still

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

mabels big day posted:

Im totally fine with saul being alive and even put some stock into some of the theories that he was alive before this chapter

Buggy unconsciously awakened his fruit and made it look like Roger was beheaded. He slipped away and now sails the seas under a new name: Gin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

mabels big day posted:

yep this is kinda where i've landed. i'm a little nervous that we're really going to go full scale "waha! i was never dead!"