Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Kyler is out so surely James Conner gets huge volume this week, right? …Right? You aren’t just going to have Colt McCoy drop back like 40 times?

Kliff: lol. lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Docjowles posted:

Kyler is out so surely James Conner gets huge volume this week, right? …Right? You aren’t just going to have Colt McCoy drop back like 40 times?

Kliff: lol. lmao

This should be the death knell for Kliff as a head coach. If LA wasn't in the same boat, it'd be awful for them.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

lmao Kupp with -.10 through the first half

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Kilometers Davis posted:

lmao Kupp with -.10 through the first half

And now his knee/ankle is possibly destroyed

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Ok I guess I can stop complaining about Conner now.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Somewhere out there is somebody who desperation started Christian Watson and I feel happy for that person. :unsmith:

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Most likely my first week this year where I lose in all 4 of my leagues, my team kind of bombed in one league but did reasonably well in the other 3, just got teed off on by multiple instances of Kirk, Cook, Conner etc. Really the only one that is in the realm of possibly winning is needing the Eagles defense to outscore Goedert by 10, but fairly low defensive scoring for this league makes it very unlikely.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

3 point lead, my Jimmy G, Aiyuk, and Philly D vs his Hurts

Should be fine but Hurts is a monster

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

MakaVillian posted:

And now his knee/ankle is possibly destroyed

Oh my God NOOOO. He's literally my only WR worth a drat. Like I started Jarvis Landry and DeAndre Carter this week in the other two slots. Last week I flexed a TE because my options were so limited :cry:

e: lol right as I post this Carter catches a TD

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Bellmaker posted:

3 point lead, my Jimmy G, Aiyuk, and Philly D vs his Hurts

Should be fine but Hurts is a monster

Not feeling great after that fumble!

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Good thing I didn't need a big game out of Ekeler to secure a win in one league, thanks to Kmet, Conner & CeeDee today. In another I just need the Eagles defense to score at least 6.4.. easy right??

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Hell yeah I’ve got the win locked up against our league’s biggest poo poo talker and I still have Hurts and Goedert to go :agesilaus:

(I guess technically Hurts could start the game by throwing 4 consecutive picks, gaining no yards, and getting benched, putting me down by 0.04. I wish I had not put that thought out into the world)

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

I need 12 points from Philadelphia's Defense tomorrow to win, gonna be a painful watch

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Fentry posted:

I need 12 points from Philadelphia's Defense tomorrow to win, gonna be a painful watch

They got 9 sacks and 22 points last time against Washington so there’s hope!

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Well I need Aj Brown to outscore Goedert+6. Seems like a long shot but let's rollllllllllll

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

In one league I need Goedert to have less than 28.6 PPR points. In the other I need the Eagles to score 12 but it is a low DST scoring league so I'm not too optimistic.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

I need AJ Brown and Goedert two outs score Hurts and Smith by five. I am not optimistic

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Chernabog posted:

In one league I need Goedert to have less than 28.6 PPR points. In the other I need the Eagles to score 12 but it is a low DST scoring league so I'm not too optimistic.

In my main league we kinda did the opposite. Not increasing DST scoring but making bad performances a little less punitive. Specifically we took away all the negative points for giving up a lot of yards. Because literally who cares unless those yards result in the other team scoring points. If you give up a 98 yard drive but make them turn it over on downs at the goal line, that is fine. If you give up an assload of points you still get penalized for that. Likewise we disabled the -1 point for missing a FG because it feels super bad when the coach has the kicker YOLO a 62 yard attempt at the end of the first half just in case it works. We also made all FGs 3 points regardless of distance. This makes picking one based on game environment a bit more predictable.

I think the kicker and DST scoring feels so much better this way. Your defense suffering a surprise blowout doesn't auto-lose you the week when you swing from +10 to -10. You don't lose points for drops or incomplete passes, you just don't gain any. Why should K and DST be held to a higher standard than the offense?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Get rid of kickers and defenses.

Fantasy already involves enough luck.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

This sounds absolutely terrible to me. Defense are kickers are fun! Fantasy football is chaos and that’s the best part.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

In related news I need Hurts+Philly D to outscore M Sanders+J Elliott plus an extra 44 uhhhhhh

Docjowles posted:

In my main league we kinda did the opposite. Not increasing DST scoring but making bad performances a little less punitive. Specifically we took away all the negative points for giving up a lot of yards. Because literally who cares unless those yards result in the other team scoring points. If you give up a 98 yard drive but make them turn it over on downs at the goal line, that is fine. If you give up an assload of points you still get penalized for that. Likewise we disabled the -1 point for missing a FG because it feels super bad when the coach has the kicker YOLO a 62 yard attempt at the end of the first half just in case it works. We also made all FGs 3 points regardless of distance. This makes picking one based on game environment a bit more predictable.

I think the kicker and DST scoring feels so much better this way. Your defense suffering a surprise blowout doesn't auto-lose you the week when you swing from +10 to -10. You don't lose points for drops or incomplete passes, you just don't gain any. Why should K and DST be held to a higher standard than the offense?

I don’t mind standard scoring at all but honestly I do like this approach. As someone who can’t stand any sort of PPR because who cares how many catches someone makes. It’s about yardage and scoring. That approach is pretty in line with the non PPR logic of things being important to the game mattering in fantasy and the things that really don’t matter not effecting it.

Kilometers Davis fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Nov 14, 2022

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Dehumanize yourself and face to IDP

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Kilometers Davis posted:

This sounds absolutely terrible to me. Defense are kickers are fun! Fantasy football is chaos and that’s the best part.

That's why I started a special teams only league. Embrace the chaos.

After a 0-4 start my team will be back up to .500 after my win this week. :feelsgood:

Assuming nothing crazy tonight, no teams will have more than 6 wins or 6 losses. I have created beautifully balanced parity!

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

dxt posted:

That's why I started a special teams only league. Embrace the chaos.

After a 0-4 start my team will be back up to .500 after my win this week. :feelsgood:

Assuming nothing crazy tonight, no teams will have more than 6 wins or 6 losses. I have created beautifully balanced parity!

Now we’re talkin’ :ck5:

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

I'm ahead now by 1 point after that strip sack, STOP THE COUNT

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Just need 25 more points from Hurts. Washington scoring gives me hope this’ll be high scoring

Scruffy the janitor
Dec 31, 2007

A greater tragedy my eyes have never beheld
Gonna need the Philly D to score a TD or I'm forked. Not ideal.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
A 75 yard Hurts rushing TD would be swell

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Cat Hassler posted:

Absolutely not 😡

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Cat Hassler posted:

Yes please cause it would give me the high score on the week and therefore :10bux: in a standing side bet we do every week from lowest to highest

I would be a lot closer without these stupid Philly INT and fumbles

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Had Sanders and a 12 point lead against Terry and I'm gonna lose lol

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
congrats to any mastermind that thought to use the Washington DST lol

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Lmao the Hurts owner lost 72-70 (don't remember decimals) and I'm now alone in first place.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Docjowles posted:

Yes please cause it would give me the high score on the week and therefore :10bux: in a standing side bet we do every week from lowest to highest

I would be a lot closer without these stupid Philly INT and fumbles

Well this did not happen lol. Still won easily even if I didn’t reach high score

If there’s no stat corrections we have a guy who is going to win by 0.02 because AJ Brown did absolutely nothing. That’s a brutal beat

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
I needed 10 points from AJ Brown and the Eagles D and lost by two. I was the second highest point total of the week and lost to a 2-7 team. Fantasy football is brutal, man.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I was the second highest point total of the week and lost to a 2-7 team. Fantasy football is brutal, man.
[/quote]

I had far and away the second highest point total but of course was playing the dude who got 8 more points. Still in the running for a playoff spot

I can’t trust any of my RBs to do anything unless they’re on my bench. Brian Robinson going off being this week’s example

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

oh good, the 30% for precipitation hit, snow is falling :tif:

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Watson!!!!!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Woooo my Watson gamble paid off! :woop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Hassler