Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Choose your class!
Gourmet Fighter
Sauce Wizard
Spice Thief
Condiment Cleric
View Results

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

We already know the plan is for Senshi to cook Laios a traditional meal from his home town. Chilchuck's scathing lecture will give Senshi all the time he needs to prepare it and the Winged Lion will be unable to resist the allure of delicious home cooking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

SyntheticPolygon posted:

We already know the plan is for Senshi to cook Laios a traditional meal from his home town. Chilchuck's scathing lecture will give Senshi all the time he needs to prepare it and the Winged Lion will be unable to resist the allure of delicious home cooking.

And, importantly...

He didn't say what the meal was. Unspoken plans are the most successful plans.

MikeSevigny
Aug 6, 2002

Habs 2006: Cristobal Persuasion
Past events (the red dragon fight, the dragons in Thistle's house) show that a good Laius plan is equal parts a solid basic idea, plus Laius' ability to improvise, plus the combination of recklessness and stupidity everyone knows him for. So it seems likely to me that Laius expected at least some of this to happen, especially Izutsumi's part. The rest of it is unexpected but Laius trusts him or his friends to figure it out, which of course drives them nuts. But that's what makes Laius so great--ultimately he's a good judge of these risks, even if his reasoning isn't always there. Ask Kabru where sound reasoning and traditional leadership skills get you in this dungeon.

Which is to say, i think he took the lion's deal because he trusts izutsumi not to fall for it, and either he managed to mask his thoughts from the lion by thinking in dog or some equally ridiculous method, or his plan is "i'll become a monster and figure the rest out from there", which is probably going to get him yelled at later

MikeSevigny fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Oct 15, 2022

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

MikeSevigny posted:

Which is to say, i think he took the lion's deal because he trusts izutsumi not to fall for it, and either he managed to mask his thoughts from the lion by thinking in dog or some equally ridiculous method, or his plan is "i'll become a monster and figure the rest out from there", which is probably going to get him yelled at later

It's Laius, it was definitely the latter.:v:

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
I suspect that Laios's master plan is just an excuse to justify becoming a monster

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

scaterry posted:

It might work out like Auditors from the Discworld series. Eldritch, otherworldly beings that become vulnerable once present in a corporeal body. Like, they die from eating chocolate vulnerable
one of my favorite bits in any comic book I've read(granted, I've not read many regular comics in a long time) was, I believe, the Rock of Ages justice league storyline. Now i may be misremembering it a bit, but it involved that New God who sits in a magic time hoverchair, and there was a point where batman had to it from him, something he obviously absolutely would not give up willingly, but he is also a God and batman is just a Dude.

So batman talks to him about the feeling of being mortal, of feeling the weight of the universe around you, of feeling hunger and satiating it, of enjoying all the smells and pains and struggles that a God could never know. And then he asked him, "are you able to try being mortal? To see what it feels like, to be one of us, even for a moment? To understand our existence, however briefly?" And so he does, changing to flesh and blood effortlessly. And he looks at his hands and is like "hmm, this is interesting, but I don't see wh-" and batman IMMEDIATELY cold cocks him and steals his chair

I hope something similarly ridiculous happens here

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I think that Laios is becoming a phoenix, so that he can resurrect everyone who dies here even after the dungeon is gone.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
holy hell this chapter

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

MikeSevigny posted:

Past events (the red dragon fight, the dragons in Thistle's house) show that a good Laius plan is equal parts a solid basic idea, plus Laius' ability to improvise, plus the combination of recklessness and stupidity everyone knows him for

Laius is basically the definition of a good RPG player. :v:

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
Well, the demon is in a physical body now, even if he can put his head back on, there is a tried and true way of disposing of things in the dungeon. They're gonna have to eat Laios.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Phoenix-Laius will eat himself

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012
My prediction is that, well, they're facing an invincible nigh-all-powerful demon, so they'll probably just lose.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
laios wanted to be a monster, so that he himself could be eaten. it was there all along

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
I can't believe we're 88 chapters into this only to find out it's about vore fetish!!!

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Jokes and reactions aside, I would've been disappointed if they got away clean with "Wishing the wish-granter away."

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
^Laios emerges from his larval state the same as he went in. "Turns out the greatest monster was man" and stares at the camera, the end.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

https://twitter.com/frs2_/status/1582722535745261568

large oblate cat
Jul 7, 2009

Lt. Lizard posted:

Wild prediction time: This is the first time the Winged Lion actually got a proper mortal body, so it's also the first time he experiences ordinary mortal hunger and the way it feels having it satiated by good food. Smash cut to our main crew cooking him a feast and defeating him by having him feel having his hunger fulfilled for the first time.

Gee, I wonder what monster they'll cook up . . .

Edit: whoops missed a page in the thread

large oblate cat fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Oct 23, 2022

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

It's called Delicious in Dungeon because Laios is there and he's delicious.

Please eat him.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
I guess the real dungeon was delicious all along.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
poo poo. poo poo! poo poo!

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Welp. poo poo's hosed.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

That was the 4th chapter in a row without a break, does that mean we're two months away from the next chapter or does no date on the last page mean we're getting one next month?

Also, 11 pages :gonk:

HouseofGlass
Apr 18, 2005
Quick! To the Bat-Fax!

Scholtz posted:

That was the 4th chapter in a row without a break, does that mean we're two months away from the next chapter or does no date on the last page mean we're getting one next month?

Also, 11 pages :gonk:

Harta’s magazine’s break is in January (and again in July), so there’s a chapter like normal next month.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
ruh roh

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

:tif:

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Can you imagine how good Laios’s ideal monster tastes?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

its self basting

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Given everything we know about Laios, I'm 100% sure his monster form is just a giant two-headed golden retriever good boy, who's a good boy, Laios is a good boy yes he is

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

even namari is bullying marcille for her taste in fashion lol

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
my girl doesn't deserve it, that outfit ruled

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I like how pissed off Mithrun is.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
God I love this manga

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I can't stop hearing Friends on the other side from the Princess and the frog in my head for what Laius did. But the good news is there's a reprise later in the film which will really fit for the Winged Lion's ultimate fate.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Laios about to eat Laios.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Brought To You By posted:

I can't stop hearing Friends on the other side from the Princess and the frog in my head for what Laius did. But the good news is there's a reprise later in the film which will really fit for the Winged Lion's ultimate fate.

Him and the monsters in the dungeon singing a jolly tune as they drag Marcille down to hell? :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Lt. Lizard posted:

Him and the monsters in the dungeon singing a jolly tune as they drag Marcille down to hell? :confused:

What? No. She stopped dressing like a reject disney villain anyways. The winged lion is the one handing out wishes and deals so it will be the one to get dragged back to the dimension of infinite energy. Although technically switching bodies/appearance was what naveer and Lawrence did as the good doctor just brokered the transaction but I wasn't going that deep.