Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Main Paineframe posted:

is it really that surprising that the white billionaire from a South African emerald dynasty leans right?

he personally dislikes Trump so he hasn't gone full MAGA, but he loves complaining about how the libs have gotten way too woke with their "anti-racism" and their "worker safety laws"

he is also extremely Not Mad at his old journalist buddies, which he somewhat rightly equates with "the libs"

screenshot instead of pasting the article, which is here, because that's basically all there is. elon called her an rear end in a top hat and kira swisher was like "b-b-but i love him!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Just a Moron posted:

Microservice is what Elon calls handjobs

Re: $8chan: Microservice is what Elon calls handjobs

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Main Paineframe posted:

is it really that surprising that the white billionaire from a South African emerald dynasty leans right?

he personally dislikes Trump so he hasn't gone full MAGA, but he loves complaining about how the libs have gotten way too woke with their "anti-racism" and their "worker safety laws"

never met a nice (white) south african

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

hobbesmaster posted:

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Isentropy posted:

Goering was big on self aggrandizement and lying and really not that bright. Wait a minute....

Hermann Boering

CarMann Boering

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Isentropy posted:

Goering was big on self aggrandizement and lying and really not that bright. Wait a minute....

Hermann Boering

Counterpoint: The Goering Company

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

now i know it's becoming a meme that we here at facebook are becoming boomer central and i just want to make this perfectly clear: we are 100% doubling down on that bullshit lmao

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

PIZZA.BAT posted:

now i know it's becoming a meme that we here at facebook are becoming boomer central and i just want to make this perfectly clear: we are 100% doubling down on that bullshit lmao

that's not even new though. my facebook home has been 90% boomer conspiracies for years now

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
speaking of worker safety laws, Tesla Gigafactory is racking up plenty of OSHA complaints

https://twitter.com/punished_cait/status/1592667884249317376

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Main Paineframe posted:

speaking of worker safety laws, Tesla Gigafactory is racking up plenty of OSHA complaints

https://twitter.com/punished_cait/status/1592667884249317376

They will be fined the necessary $25 and get a stern warning.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

https://twitter.com/pickover/status/1430270878638608388

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple on pizzadog derangement syndrome

mmm hmm

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello
jack handey could post

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Roosevelt posted:

jack handey could post

i gotta figure Phil Hartman woulda been a hell of a poster

lousy hat
Jul 17, 2004

bone appetit
Clapping Larry
oh good, nazis are using a hashtag with U+5350 (a swastika glyph) and the mods are some combo of fired/overwhelmed/chuds.

advertisers never gonna come back to the bird site

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

https://mobile.twitter.com/CarloMasala1/status/1591905584810717184

I’m sure the german regulators won’t mind

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

lousy hat posted:

advertisers never gonna come back to the bird site

i cant imagine elon ever really thought he'd keep them

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

hobbesmaster posted:

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

1488chan

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.

Isentropy posted:

Hermann Boering

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

https://twitter.com/greg16676935420/status/1476261561815732230?lang=en
(check the date)

In retrospect, it was inevitable

beuges
Jul 4, 2005
fluffy bunny butterfly broomstick

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

as a non-white south african I know a lot of nice white south africans.
i also recently remembered that the largest local tech site that I visit every now and then has a forum so peeked in over the past couple of weeks to see what my local tech community was talking about and the vast majority are all Elon/trump-loving antivaxxers and I wasn’t surprised in the least

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
i am honestly surprised that the site is still mostly running. if I were working at twitter I would, while looking for another job, be doing absolutely nothing to put out any fires.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

https://twitter.com/rosemarieho_/status/1592691811629531136?s=20&t=_l1o59akHbfrVUJXCZPnag

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
does trump have his account back yet

shitface
Nov 23, 2006

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

I met a very nice white South African goon, Radio Paranoia, and his gf a number of years ago :)

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

shitface posted:

I met a very nice white South African goon, Radio Paranoia, and his gf a number of years ago :)

yeah i know

i met a nice german lady the other day who had worked and lived in SA for a while and she's very progressive

can't speak to die antwoord though i hear they are very smelly

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMLD0Lp0JBg

NASA rocket goes zoom. SpaceX Starship goes ?.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

for someone who was convinced we were careening to nuclear apocalypse he sure doesn’t seem that worried about it lately

Expo70
Nov 15, 2021

Can't talk now, doing
Hot Girl Stuff
Crossposted from techbubble:

Expo70 posted:

Shame Boy posted:

i was out watching the actual launch instead of paying attention to elong but expo70 got in a few good zingers like "you can take the boy out of the apartheid but you can't take the apartheid out of the boy" while i was gone though

I have some experience musklesting on birdappwith alt accounts, and the rules I've learned is that there are three things that make him cry:

1. Calling him out when he transactionally issues information because he wants people to think he's smart or approve of him. Doubly so if he's wrong. Works well also for his products (eg, his cars are made of taffy and airfix models, his rockets are going to be insurance nightmares, his engineers are inept because he's too self-centred to separate intelligence from incelligent daddywanters)

2. Bringing public perception of him and that he's so isolated he's unable to see everybody thinks he's a joke which is why everybody leaves him

3. Bringing up his kids, and how he has failed as a father.

tl;dr: He's a deeply transactional man due to his failure to emotionally assimilate with others. This means if you question the optics of his transactions, or their optical purpose, or you bring up incongruities, he collapses like a house of cards.

Here are the highlights:

When he started calling out Apollo era flight control positions (even surgeon, despite the fact this was an unmanned mission, showing he has no idea what's going on)

"Why are you being so hostile?"

Answering questions that literally everybody knows, that nobody asked:

"This one won't be re-used, it'll be studied afterwards for the next one."

Talking about restructuring Twitter being some sort of idea for how he wants to run his colony on mars:,

"The ugly head of human nature" in the context of exitarianism with libertarians is a euphemism for "leaving to get away from a place, only for your head to wind up on a pike by your employees" -- sometimes also called "human alignment risk factor", but usually "the ugly head of human nature".

I learned that one rubbing elbows with actual libertarians and infiltrating their ranks.
There's a lot of secret language they absolutely do not want you to know.

"Be quiet and listen to the nice lady, everybody"

The last one gave him pause for a solid two minutes where he immediately announced he needed a drink and did not respond.

I like to think I drove him to alcohol tonight.

I love bullying billionaires.

Its a very relaxing hobby.

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

you're doing god's work Expo, I have been deriving great satisfaction by telling him to eat poo poo on twitter whether he reads it or not

Expo70 posted:

No no, you skim GPS data and sightings to say you saw him at a bar and then say "saw you at <place>. everybody avoided eye-contact with you because they're embarrassed to be seen with you".

He really wants certain crowds of people to like him, but he has new-new-money smell and he's deeply self-conscious about it which is why he's in the public eye.

He's deeply paranoid, and usually microdosing muscle relaxants when he knows he doesn't have to perform public speaking.

Its why when he's caught with his pants down, he seems extra stupid.

Very very frightened scared man, as all exitarians are.

Expo70 fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Nov 16, 2022

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

fart simpson posted:

Expo70 posted:

I love bullying

Its a very relaxing hobby.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/PanasonicDX4500/status/1592017291838980096

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

for context if anyone doesn't wanna click through, he was in a different (non-NASA) youtube stream chat watching the launch and talking about how his rocket is just like, so much better man, so we clowned on him and he definitely saw all our bullying because there weren't that many people in the chat and he was reading and responding to a ton of other inane messages people were sending him

Expo70
Nov 15, 2021

Can't talk now, doing
Hot Girl Stuff

PIZZA.BAT posted:

for someone who was convinced we were careening to nuclear apocalypse he sure doesn’t seem that worried about it lately

Its all the muscle relaxants he's shoving up his rear end and all the highfives he gets from bazingas supporting his broken ego.

If you study his personal workout routine and his preferences its very clear he doesn't like running because he can't stand to be with his own thoughts which is the primary reason most people are fine with weights but not with running because running is deeply meditative because of how much automaticity plays into it being mindless. Likewise, if you have muscle stiffness, lifting is easy, but running is very very hard.

Note his mom is a registered dietitian, yet he eats what he thinks is tasty food but if you look up his actual diet its actually fairly healthy which tells me he's more interested in the optics of rebelling against her to himself, than he is in actually giving a poo poo about how others see his diet. The fact he doesn't eat late tells me he deals with heartburn which given his other medications tells me he's probably abusing something like baclofen.

If you look at his hairline over time and his jawline, you'll notice he's also had gender affirming surgery so he's also deeply insecure about his manhood. Given how deeply he reacts to the trans community relative to how obsessed he is with exitarianism and optics of intelligence, I'm inclined to think there's a reason he's so obsessed with transpeople and he's already written himself off as ever being attractive and just doesn't want anybody else to know that. I say this as a transperson myself. If he's not an egg and its not over his kid, he has some sort of other hangup (almost certainly a chaser, probable bottom).

The fact he's still making public appearances despite the fact he's under investigation tells me either he's really stupid, or he's abusing medications to alleviate his anxiety.

I'm genuinely inclined to think both.

If you're going to bully a billionaire it helps if you know a bit about their medical history.

For context, I don't think he's very interesting, I just know how to spot psychological trends in Highly Online people and I know how google works. I've only really bothered digging up info on him since the birdapp takeover. Dude needs to realize every idiot armchair psychologist can read him like a book.

Edit: Right, its Grimes leaving him for Chelsea Manning. Bingo bongo.

Expo70 fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Nov 16, 2022

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
wtf did i just read

Expo70
Nov 15, 2021

Can't talk now, doing
Hot Girl Stuff

Buck Turgidson posted:

wtf did i just read

Billionaire tears, the new scent from disenfranchised transwomen with too much free time

Edit: I'm reminded of when he'd say "rent free" which all stopped when everybody just called him a rentseeker lmao

He's the Philomena Cunk of tech.

Expo70 fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Nov 16, 2022

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/GergelyOrosz/status/1592801188277538818

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Wait, so he fired 50% of the workforce then did some weird voluntary severance thing after?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EricBauman
Nov 30, 2005

DOLF IS RECHTVAARDIG
sure, let's see what crunchtime all the time will do to an already decimated and demoralized work force

it might work, right?

right?