Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Zzulu posted:

I can't read any of these darn comic books because they're behind paywalls :(

They're free for a few hours after release, then paywalled for 12 hours, then free for a week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

RatHat posted:

They're free for a few hours after release, then paywalled for 12 hours, then free for a week
That's such a weird and annoying way to do it.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
I would honestly rather they were just paywalled for the first 12 hours and then free for a week rather than the weird fomo period.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Kanos posted:

I would honestly rather they were just paywalled for the first 12 hours and then free for a week rather than the weird fomo period.

I think the intention is get people to miss the initial window and then impulse buy because they don't want to wait 12 hours

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Yeah, that's why I called it the FOMO period.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
It's why I wish there was a physical release so I don't have to deal with this lovely site

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
New chapter

For all the talk of making matches safer and baning killing, they sure don't care about making fighters do multiple matches on the same day huh.Even the Ahnihilation Tournament didn't do that. Ryuuki is icing his face, for god's sake.

In the end though , it's probably so Saw Paing has an excuse when he loses to Rihito.Their fight seems like a fun one at least.

In connector news, saw this and kicked myself for not seeing it before:

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I honestly forgot that the boyfriend battle was in the semi finals. Here's hoping whoever makes it gets creamed by Saw Paing or Rihito.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Scallop Eyes posted:

In connector news, saw this and kicked myself for not seeing it before:

Oh for fucks sake

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Wow, honestly didn't see that coming. Also, the Ryuki and Koga sub plot went from a really good one to being on the same level as Hayami's failed Coup. Just get this over with for fucks sake.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

I like Koga, but I really don't give a poo poo about Ryuki. He's had relatively little character development screen time and he's spent half the manga hanging out with and drawing lessons from two of the most morally vile characters in Kengan.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
at this point I'm just worried Uncle Joji's gonna have his heart broken when he finds out his new drinking buddy is Martial Arts Hitler

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
It feels like Ryuki's "grandpa" hosed him up beyond repair. His ideology and morals are so broken he literally can't understand what Koga is trying to say to him. I don't see how he'll mend that through a fight with Koga. What he needs is a deprogramming.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Flubby posted:

I don't see how he'll mend that through a fight with Koga. What he needs is a deprogramming.
Is this the first punchman manga you've ever read? :raise:

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
He will be deprogrammed by Koga's fists.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

I’m guessing that vs Koga he’ll hesitate at a vital moment, showing he doesn’t buy into his own BS and losing him the fight but starting him on the path to redemption.

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

I hope Koga shows even more shonen protag power escalation and defeats Ryuki so handily he breaks up with him for being too weak and murderous.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I like that Koga confirms that Adam would have destroyed Ryuki if he was also going for the kill (though it's kinda obvious given the part where he didn't pursue him after he was down).

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Finally a good loving fight

https://comikey.com/read/kengan-omega-manga/ow1anD/chapter-184/

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Two dumb boys beating the piss out of each other. This is what I read for.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
As much as I like Saw Paing, Lihito is like the original Kengan jobber, so I really want him to win. It would be like seeing Yamcha winning a serious fight.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Lt. Lizard posted:

As much as I like Saw Paing, Lihito is like the original Kengan jobber, so I really want him to win. It would be like seeing Yamcha winning a serious fight.

Actually the OG jobber is right there as a guest commentator.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

LIhito, you cool and I'm glad that you've gotten a good grasp of The Basics, but I have to root for the practitioner of the Hammer of Burma

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

By the time Mokochi was introduced, Lihito had already lost like 3 fights. :colbert:

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
As long as Rihito is unable to touch any part of Saw Paing's body besides his forehead, he is perfectly countered...

No Wave fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Nov 16, 2022

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Artelier posted:

LIhito, you cool and I'm glad that you've gotten a good grasp of The Basics, but I have to root for the practitioner of the Hammer of Burma

Listen, I love the Hammer of Burma as much as the next guy, but I really wanna see Lihito succeed.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
he needs to grow a beard if he wants to win

Crymetimeboys
Aug 30, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Mokichi actually won an (albeit offscreen) match against Saw Paing, though. Not sure if he can still be called the OG jobber after that feat.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Lt. Lizard posted:

By the time Mokochi was introduced, Lihito had already lost like 3 fights. :colbert:

Rihito only lost 1 prior to Mokichi's introduction, didn't he?

He lost to Ohma, then won the right to participate in the battle royale, then Mokichi got his neck snapped by Raian, then Rihito lost to Kuroki.

Crymetimeboys posted:

Mokichi actually won an (albeit offscreen) match against Saw Paing, though. Not sure if he can still be called the OG jobber after that feat.

And guess who beat Mokichi onscreen? That's right, our boy Rihito.

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
Considering that Saw looked pretty hurt before the fight even started, I think Rihito's taking this one

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

No Wave posted:

As long as Rihito is unable to touch any part of Saw Paing's body besides his forehead, he is perfectly countered...

It's also confusing to me how a strong skull affects the ability of Rihito to tear up his scalp (which is still made of skin/flesh and presumably what Rihito is trying to do, since I assume his goal isn't to crush Saw Paing's skull).

Trying to cause a ton of bleeding from the scalp (which would get into his eyes and be hard/impossible to stop) is actually pretty reasonable as far as goofy Kengan strategies go, but a strong skull would do nothing to protect from that.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Ytlaya posted:

It's also confusing to me how a strong skull affects the ability of Rihito to tear up his scalp (which is still made of skin/flesh and presumably what Rihito is trying to do, since I assume his goal isn't to crush Saw Paing's skull).

Trying to cause a ton of bleeding from the scalp (which would get into his eyes and be hard/impossible to stop) is actually pretty reasonable as far as goofy Kengan strategies go, but a strong skull would do nothing to protect from that.

Presumably the idea is that instead of trying to protect his face/head, Saw Paing is instead accelerating his head directly into Rihito's fingers, which is both "safe" for Saw Paing because of his adamantium bones and also fucks up the ability of Rihito to get a good perpendicular rip in and cause some real bleeding.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
he'd be better off trying to rip literally any other part of saw's body, but no one ever accused lihito of being a clever boy.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Ytlaya posted:

Another way to look at it is that Rihito's fingers are strong enough to block Saw Paings annihilating headbutt without being shattered

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

he'd be better off trying to rip literally any other part of saw's body, but no one ever accused lihito of being a clever boy.

A superhuman rises up to the challenge.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

Ripping the scalp does have unique benefits; scalps bleed like crazy, and do so into your face. Not sure if that's actually Rihito's intent, though, since he's never used that strategy before. Another poster's reply about either Rihito just using his fingers to block Saw Paing's head (or Saw Paing using his head to block Rihito striking somewhere else) probably makes more sense.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
ripping literally anyone else's scalp has benefits. saw is instead a guy whose entire life is dedicated to doing the sickest headbutts imaginable.
i think he's probably accustomed to cuts on his forehead!

Warden
Jan 16, 2020
Chapter 185

Goddamn that was good.

Rabid Boar
Apr 16, 2020

Soon, all of you will feel my hate, and suffer as I have suffered!
Oh gently caress yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Gear... Second!