Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I thought Unagi was just going on excursion. If she's really done with Stardom that explains why she was jobbed out to everyone in her block in the 5*GP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Here's the translated promo between Saya K and Kairi for their upcoming white belt match. It is really loving good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qj8o1BPc0ns&ab_channel=HDSubs

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
No one really knows what's going on with Unagi. She's still on the roster page, still has Stardom in her twitter bio, never officially said that she's leaving Stardom, but she's booked for any Stardom show, the official twitter account doesn't really acknowledge her, what she's doing seems completely separate from anything Stardom, she has her own shop and handles her own merch at shows although Stardom had still have Unagi portraits and she's apart of the somewhat controversial Stardom election thing they're doing on New Years and just yesterday she was present for whatever photo session the roster was doing, so it's really a lot of mixed signals here.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Huh, all seems strange

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Today's TJPW show seems solid, shame they've scheduled it at the same time at All Japan

quote:

TOKYO JOSHI PRO “TJPW CITY CIRCUIT AUTUMN ~YUKI ARAI TRIUMPHANT PERFORMANCE~”, 13/11/2022
Kyoto KBS Hall

1. 3 Way Match: Shoko Nakajima Vs Suzume Vs Haruna Neko
2. Moka Miyamoto Vs Kaya Toribami
3. Yuki Aino & Raku Vs Yuki Kamifuku & Mahiro Kiryu
4. Rika Tatsumi Vs Arisu Endo
5. Yuka Sakazaki & Mizuki Vs Maki Itoh & Hikari Noa
6. Saki Akai & Yuki Arai Vs Miu Watanabe & Pom Harajuku

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

What time is it on?

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Jerusalem posted:

What time is it on?

15 minutes from now

Unrelated but to avoid double posting, There was an announcement of ladies for All Japan's christmas card. SUWAMA, Mayumi Ozaki and Maya Yukihi vs Shuji Ishikawa, Chihiro Hashimoto and Yuu

SG Bamboo fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Nov 13, 2022

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

SG Bamboo posted:

15 minutes from now

Ahh drat, watching the UFC show :smith:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Just treat it like one of the pretaped shows and watch the one or two matches you care about.

Conversely just forget the show ever happened, TJPW booking is so slow moving it's bound to not matter at all

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Wrestlequeendom is live now
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExIh7jPdb4U

e: just the opening two matches were free - but they were good matches!

Mr. Squishy fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Nov 13, 2022

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
There's a listing for a Show Two premiering at 7:30, maybe they'll broadcast a few more free matches then?

https://youtu.be/6sjMCGRh-Wc

Either way you're right about the first two matches, the very first was especially great.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

More Sendai Girls, this time it's their October 2nd show in Osaka

Sendai Girls Keep Burning! Night 2
Azalea Taisho Hall, Osaka
Riko Kaiju vs Yurika Oka
DASH Chisako & Maria vs Mochi Natsumi & Rin Kadokura
Mika Iwata vs Ryo Mizunami
ASUKA & Saori Anou vs Chihiro Hashimoto & Manami

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Follow up to the TJPW English invasion

https://twitter.com/tjpw2013/status/1592079898557890563

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Has the Stardom World video player been performing terribly for anybody else as of late? I'm always having loading issues no matter how low I put the resolution and keep getting "Could not download the video" error messages.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

yeah it buffers like 4 times every match lately, i just pirate everything and give them 10bux or w/e a month for support

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

At least twice a match the bitrate plummets then the player freezes and I have to reload.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
I just started up the first match of the 11/12 show and it plays just fine. Are you running ad blockers or anything that might mess with the player? Also what browser are you using? I'm using FireFox with only uBlock origin installed and I have no problems

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Crapple! posted:

Here's the translated promo between Saya K and Kairi for their upcoming white belt match. It is really loving good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qj8o1BPc0ns&ab_channel=HDSubs

I wonder where they're going with this. Kairi consistently treats Saya like she's a newbie who knows nothing and is in over her head. Saya's not winning as it's the night before IWGP title match so I'm guessing a draw maybe?

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Every time there's a Red block show in the tag league, I'm irrationally bothered that the Himeka/Maika team is MaiHime instead of HiMaika.

I know Maihime means something like 'dancing princess' but I want clever portmanteaus!

Bonk fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Nov 16, 2022

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON

Bonk posted:

Every time there's a Red block show in the tag league, I'm irrationally bothered that the Himeka/Maika team is MaiHime instead of HiMaika.

I know Maihime means something like 'dancing princess' but I want clever portmanteaus!

It is a clever portmanteau, just not in English!

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

Bonk posted:

I always assumed it was a reference to the anime.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My-HiME

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

Johnny Landmine posted:

It is a clever portmanteau, just not in English!
I DID say "irrationally". :v:

There's been some cool matches announced for the Marvelous AAAW tournament over the last few hours.

https://twitter.com/SondreBjorn/status/1592804159702855682

Bonk fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Nov 16, 2022

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Wait, why is the title vacant, is Iroha hurt?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Yes

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Well, that's poo poo news that I'd totally missed

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
The Stardom tag tournament has been really awesome so far. My only complaint is that they're really overusing time limit draws

Also I'm pretty sure Rossy had to re-book some stuff after Mina got hurt. Regardless, I've been super happy watching these shows

Also, Mafia Bella might be the coolest tag team ever

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Elephant Ambush posted:

The Stardom tag tournament has been really awesome so far. My only complaint is that they're really overusing time limit draws

Also I'm pretty sure Rossy had to re-book some stuff after Mina got hurt. Regardless, I've been super happy watching these shows

Also, Mafia Bella might be the coolest tag team ever

I've been digging it too, and as noted in the MotY thread I'd be handing out a few HMs per show if I was more motivated. I don't mind the frequent draws since that's a plausible result in a tag match with a 15-minute time limit. It is interesting to predict how matches will go considering there are a few teams of top talents. Wish the regular shows had a hard cam because it's tough to capture four wrestlers with just the roving floor cam, but I'm getting used to it over time.

Mafia Bella are super cool and their completely silent or single-word promos are great. They remind me a bit of the Yano/Tana team in tag league a year or two ago.

BMI2000 (is that a fat joke?) hiding beside the entryway to attack their opponents was great.

Wa-Kawild may be a downgrade in team quality, but it's an upgrade in team name so I'll take it.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Full Gear whatever, the real main event is later that night:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVEMXCdRoNs

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Pinwiz11 posted:

pom's face on the card picture at :58 absolutely destroyed me

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Pinwiz11 posted:

loving epic

also lmao

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Can't believe Misao stole the Fiend's hammer

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I can't believe Pom's gonna loving die

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
lmaoooo god that is just awesome

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Digital Jedi posted:

lmaoooo god that is just awesome

They must have something good up their sleeve if they're hyping (misao) the match up this much

also lol the first time Pom and Misao faced each other was in a show called: "TJPW The God Of Pro Wrestling - My Arms Fell Off! - Blurry Confession"

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

https://twitter.com/we_are_stardom/status/1593266659543826433

Seems excessive.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Disagree, if Atsushi Onita has taught me anything it is that explosions are never excessive. After all, you don't want a scenario like the 1994 Royal Rumble where you put Undertaker in a casket & because it didn't properly explode he was resurrected to fight himself at Summerslam. Best avoided if possible.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

I, for one, would like to see Nanae Takahashi vs Nanae Fakeahashi

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Power Windows posted:

I, for one, would like to see Nanae Takahashi vs Nanae Fakeahashi

I'm sure that's happened in one of her matches against Hirota

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Another grim reaper? Who else can they debut/have make a surprise appearance?