Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Kvlt! posted:

i can def see the iron cross but that swastika is a stretch either way BG suck

Same, but on the other hand nazis love to code their bullshit so a little suspicion is warranted with anything involving metal music.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
If that looks like an iron cross than so does any cross where the lines meet in the center. Red Cross, you're on notice.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

skasion posted:

That just looks like Mensch ärgere dich nicht. German parcheesi basically. It’s pre-Nazi but uh. Yeah

I Googled it and the board really does look like that, and that's the least swastika-like way to make that game. I didn't see the iron cross. Blind Guardian is my favorite band, just thought the imagery was a bit off... but knowing it's some 100+ year old German board game makes a lot of sense.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

It looks like a homage to the third dungeon in NES Zelda - geez guys!!

They are just honoring their geek roots.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

LifeLynx posted:

If I were a band from Germany with known affiliations with a Jan 6th conspiracy theorist I'd avoid making a board game shaped like this.

https://twitter.com/blind_guardian/status/1592551118936080386?t=ZzFeB7WzXyT_bFxgvTIOlQ&s=19

Most likely it's accidental but I saw it right away.

lmao you have to be kidding me dude

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
Yeah I’m sorry but that is a bit of a stretch. Plus they cut ties with the iced earth dude.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

xzzy posted:

Same, but on the other hand nazis love to code their bullshit so a little suspicion is warranted with anything involving metal music.

This is the one and only time I will defend Blind Guardian: Blind Guardian are not nazis. They're not trying to code anything. It's literally a Mensch ärgere dich nicht board with nerd characteristics.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

symbolic posted:

lmao you have to be kidding me dude

I didn't think they were purposely doing a Nazi, I thought it was an accidental swastika sorry sorry I'm trying to delete it

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

To be fair, everything can be a swastika if you squint hard enough :shobon:

I only see an iron cross and that’s if I ignore arithmetic also happens to use an awful lot of iron crosses

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

LifeLynx posted:

I didn't think they were purposely doing a Nazi, I thought it was an accidental swastika sorry sorry I'm trying to delete it

i don't even know how you could see one at all unless you're doing some magic eye puzzle poo poo

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

Cynicus posted:

I think Skyclad is pretty cool folk metal.

See now here is a gentlebeing of taste and refinement. Skyclad was one of my main jams back in the 90s.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

symbolic posted:

i don't even know how you could see one at all unless you're doing some magic eye puzzle poo poo

an X with bent ends is not exactly hard to see lol

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

WoodrowSkillson posted:

an X with bent ends is not exactly hard to see lol

now that im off mobile i can see it more clearly but this is all ultimately really dumb. Bolt Thrower

Groke posted:

See now here is a gentlebeing of taste and refinement. Skyclad was one of my main jams back in the 90s.

1994 was a really great year for folk metal between Prince of the Poverty Line and Amorphis' Tales from the Thousand Lakes

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

My favorite folk metal album is Arntor.

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

Idiots, that's not an iron cross or swastica, it's the most played board games over here in retirement homes and such and usually babbies first board game for already over 100 years. That's how the board is set up.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mensch_%C3%A4rgere_Dich_nicht

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!

Kvlt! posted:

i can def see the iron cross but that swastika is a stretch either way BG suck

Yeah that release looks corny as gently caress but claiming that is a sneaky intentional swastika is some Q-anon-brain thinking

Klaaz posted:

Idiots, that's not an iron cross or swastica, it's the most played board games over here in retirement homes and such and usually babbies first board game for already over 100 years. That's how the board is set up.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mensch_%C3%A4rgere_Dich_nicht

lol even better

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

I have a PhD in spotting Nazi poo poo in metal and there's nothing to this except a terrible derail

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Just purchased 4-day passes to Aftershock 2023 in Sacramento for my daughter and I. Christmas present to her. Should be fun, but $900 for two passes, without any bands announced yet, is a bit annoying. They have some dumb model where the price goes up every X weeks/months, but they only slowly release new bands to the lineup.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Wachter posted:

I have a PhD in spotting Nazi poo poo in metal and there's nothing to this except a terrible derail

thread title

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Everyone born in 1988 was a nazi. You can tell because they keep putting 88 on the end of their nicknames on the internet.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I feel like reading this conversation has lowered my IQ by at least twelve points

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

Nordick posted:

I feel like reading this conversation has lowered my IQ by at least twelve points

Yeah, gently caress metal blows goblin cock

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

RIFFS https://youtu.be/bX5USmBA5W4

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Anyway, I saw Mercyful Fate last night. Setlist was pretty cool, just wish they kept playing for another hour or so, seemed to go by just like a dream.

https://streamable.com/9cfb8r

https://streamable.com/8ytwlk

Don't even think about coming at me now King Diamond haters!!

(YEAH I LOVE SLAYER TOO, WHATCHA GONNA DO ABOUT IT)

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Varg posted:

Anyway, I saw Mercyful Fate last night. Setlist was pretty cool, just wish they kept playing for another hour or so, seemed to go by just like a dream.

https://streamable.com/9cfb8r

https://streamable.com/8ytwlk

Don't even think about coming at me now King Diamond haters!!

(YEAH I LOVE SLAYER TOO, WHATCHA GONNA DO ABOUT IT)

mf RULES and that hat is tight af

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

These AI videos/visualizers are starting to be everywhere but this one was pretty nice.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6Q1v4zRt1w

I'm the melty skull. No, the other one.

Groke
Jul 27, 2007

Dimebags Brain posted:

My favorite folk metal album is Arntor.

Yeah, good too. Politically sus but the dude is many years dead. I got to see them live before that happened.

Cynicus
May 1, 2008

owling furies.

Groke posted:

:biglips:

Walkyier might just be my favourite singer and lyricist in metal, really. I do prefer the vocals from his Sabbat years over Skyclad, but lyrically he shines in both.

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Vintersorg posted:

childhood demolished

I always looked back to my preschool years playing legend of zelda on the NES with my aunt with fondness and nostalgia. Little did I know...that by doing so I was sympathizing with nazi ideologies

Now I should go back and investigate obscure Sega Saturn title "Faery Tale" for similar nazi propaganda I might have sympathized with unknowingly

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

New 200 Stab Wounds track is good. In particular the drum break at the 3minute mark.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

gently caress, no more mathematics. All those + signs are hate crimes

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Completely out of context this is a top 10 funniest pic of 2022

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Vintersorg posted:

think i got this one on vinyl

Groke
Jul 27, 2007

Cynicus posted:

:biglips:

Walkyier might just be my favourite singer and lyricist in metal, really. I do prefer the vocals from his Sabbat years over Skyclad, but lyrically he shines in both.

Mm, both of the good Sabbat albums also kept me company on many a cold night in my tiny student apartment back then. Finally did get to see them live in like 2009 when they were doing their reunion thing, which was nice.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
Good lord, what a relentless buildup with the drums and awesome ending.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfJ0NsUyhKw

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

finally got around to the Cave In album that dropped earlier this year and it whips an ungodly amount of rear end

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

symbolic posted:

finally got around to the Cave In album that dropped earlier this year and it whips an ungodly amount of rear end

It's insane that they're still putting out some of their best material. Blood Spiller is riff of the year.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

New stuff Friday because I remembered this week

Candlemass
Freternia, pm
Critical Extravasation, tech deathrash
Rise to the Sky, death doom
16, stoner sludge
Cryptae, dm
SkyThala, avant-garde symphonic bm
Eskhaton, war
Arkæon, bm
Witchhunter, speed
Diĝir Gidim, bm
Aurora Borealis, blackened death
Faustian, blackened death
Rising Steel on non-BC, uspm
Rising Fall, trad
Incantvm, symphonic bm
Blodkvalt, bm
Monumentum, doom

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

remigious posted:

Yeah I’m sorry but that is a bit of a stretch. Plus they cut ties with the iced earth dude.

Wait, which "Iced Earth dude?" I haven't listened to them (or any metal at all) in over a decade but I'm just curious who it is and what they did. I mainly remember liking teh vocalist, Matt Barlow, at least as a musician.

I used to love thrash metal in high school and a little after but then drifted to symphonic or power metal for something..."softer." I was mainly poking my heard in here to see if any of the female fronted symphonic metal bands are recommended? I think the big one I never listened to back then was Epica. And there might be tons more now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

NikkolasKing posted:

Wait, which "Iced Earth dude?" I haven't listened to them (or any metal at all) in over a decade but I'm just curious who it is and what they did. I mainly remember liking teh vocalist, Matt Barlow, at least as a musician.

I used to love thrash metal in high school and a little after but then drifted to symphonic or power metal for something..."softer." I was mainly poking my heard in here to see if any of the female fronted symphonic metal bands are recommended? I think the big one I never listened to back then was Epica. And there might be tons more now.

Jon Schaffer, the one constant member of IE, was at January 6. Which was not exactly a shocking development.