Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

She really is fuckin' fantastic, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's interesting comparing the viewcounts of the songs on Ado's channel (where they were initially uploaded) and on the Crunchyroll channel.

Like New Genesis is at the top because it's the opening promotional song and the one that's been available the longest and also just plain amazing, and then in 2nd place is Backlight. I think it's cause the Backlight scene in the movie was one of the most popular scenes from the movie? And then Tot Musica is there in 4th place which is pretty neat given that it's the 5th song to be uploaded and that the other songs had like 1+ months on it.

Meanwhile in the CR channel, where the videos were uploaded daily, Tot Musica is the clear winner by far in viewcount, followed by New Genesis (a video's missing cause of region locking for me).

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

show me the hidden video crunchyroll

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I think Backlight is popular also because it's probably the song on the album that's the closest to Ado's previous style, particularly her big hit Ussewa.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

bitmap posted:

if I were to split myself into multiple aspects I would simply not make an "evil" one

But then all of your aspects will be a little bit evil! Better to concentrate it so you can manage it actively.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

folks, if you split your personality into seven aspects and there's no evil one, take a look in the mirror

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

So out of all the aspects of Vegapunk's personality, which do y'all think are going to go rogue and be antagonists? I feel like the obvious is Logic, followed by Desire and Wrath, with Evil being the too obvious choice.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Lilith will be the next Straw Hat

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Jiro posted:

So out of all the aspects of Vegapunk's personality, which do y'all think are going to go rogue and be antagonists? I feel like the obvious is Logic, followed by Desire and Wrath, with Evil being the too obvious choice.

I don’t think any of them will, actually. Maybe Lillith will grumble about some of the others working with Dragon behind her back, but CP0 doesn’t seem to be giving the Vegapunks much choice here; they’ll have to work with the Straw Hats to not get killed.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Lillith is "evil" because she wants and cares about money and its necessity. Oda is directly stating that the societal need for money is the same thing as evil.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's a good thing we don't know anyone like that, huh Nami?

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

Arist posted:

folks, if you split your personality into seven aspects and there's no evil one, take a look in the mirror

If you run into an evil clone in the morning, you ran into an evil clone. If you run into evil clones all day, you're the evil clone.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Arist posted:

If you're splitting your personality the way he did, by definition their character archetypes will lean to what they are labeled as. Logic will be more logical cold and calculating. Evil will have less ethics and morals, Wrath will be more prone to anger and violence, etc etc etc...... it stands to reason that one or more aspects of his personality won't have shared everything to the big brain in order to have an edge over the others to use for their own ends and advantage

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Which of the six Vegapunks will tear out their own heart and which will be regressed into a child by Bonney and then raised by, oh I don't know... Shyarly?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

What I want to know is how one of them psychically poops for all the others.

Don't worry, Luffy is on the island, that question IS going to be asked :hmmyes:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Poop Records

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Arist posted:

sooooooo true 🤣🤣

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

hatty posted:

The movie made me buy an Ado album she’s really good
:hai:
If anyone, that means YOU, the person reading this post, hasn't seen/heard Tot Musica, you really really should.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Yeah at least 2 of them seem to be robots.

I don't think either of them are actually robots.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Anyone play World Seeker? It's 6 bucks on Steam right now

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Professor Wayne posted:

I haven't played it but the reviews are all pretty negative. Still, six bucks.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it was really funny because for some reason the entire story was mostly luffy going on and on about the absolutely unbreakable bond of family. also sanji's brothers are there. traversal and combat were total loving trash, though.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Official translation is out.

Luffy put the beetle on his hat.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Make that beetle a Strawhat.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

One Piece Manga Thread: The Punk Record Makes You Stupid

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
mom get off the den den mushi im trying to chat with my friends

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Okay, so I'm convinced that by the end of the arc Vegapunk will permadie. The dude's dream is literally to become Helios from Deus Ex/the Borg from Star Trek/Instrumentality from NGE. That's never depicted as a good thing in fiction, folks.

Also, my sources have leaked the end of the Egghead arc already:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBqkLx4AMrg

Tree Reformat fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Nov 20, 2022

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i wouldn't be surprised if one or two of the sub-vegapunks survives.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Shaka will be die for sure if any of them are being killed. I could see Atlas and Lilith surviving and joining the strawhats on their journey

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Tree Reformat posted:

Okay, so I'm convinced that by the end of the arc Vegapunk will permadie. The dude's dream is literally to become Helios from Deus Ex/the Borg from Star Trek/Instrumentality from NGE. That's never depicted as a good thing in fiction, folks.

No he's trying to do something much worse, he's trying to create the internet.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

JuniperCake posted:

No he's trying to do something much worse, he's trying to create the internet.

That's what I said???

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I'm sure that Kuma is, in the same way the Vegapunks are, linked to the Seraphim version of himself, if not every Pacifista version of himself. Hearing CP0 say they'd kill Bonney is what is causing the original Kuma to act.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

mabels big day posted:

I'm sure that Kuma is, in the same way the Vegapunks are, linked to the Seraphim version of himself, if not every Pacifista version of himself. Hearing CP0 say they'd kill Bonney is what is causing the original Kuma to act.

Ooooh interesting

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Cloks posted:

God bless this perfect idiot.

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

Jerusalem posted:

God bless this perfect idiot.

Our captain :allears:

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Cloks posted:

The future pirate king right here.

chefscientist
Mar 23, 2007

#1 Cockeyed Ghost fan

Professor Wayne posted:

My 9 yo has played it for several hours today and excitedly told me he unlocked Elephant Gun Gatling. So definitely worth 6 bucks.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

One Piece Manga Thread: The Punk Record Makes You Stupid

do it

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
The beetle is gonna fight Lucci's pigeon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

You just KNOW that the bug-attracting lightsaber is going to be critical to the resolution of this arc