Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Sticko posted:

When the hell did he admit it and apologise?

he claimed on his show that he personally apologized to the families in court and they totally forgave him and it was just THOSE MEAN MONEY-GRUBBING LAWYERS who FORCED the families to continue the lawsuit even though they didn't want to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
ugh i really should go to bed but that tweet tasks me

in case it's not obvious what he's doing is literally what he accuses jones of (and he's not exactly wrong there):

gain: i think he means this in the material sense. the sandy hook poo poo made jones very wealthy. elon has done a lot of reprehensible poo poo in the past two days+ and needs an image softener. sympathy is what he gains in the immediate but since he owns the platform that can quite possibly become material gain in short order

politics: see above and combine with the fact that he's now deeply enmeshed in the far right. they're nutso about anything related to children these days, and if people hadn't heard the story before they are most certainly going to be more endeared to elon in the future, because it makes him seem like he cares a lot about babies. however,

izagoof posted:

he also told his ex wife to stop crying about the baby dying right after it happened
afaik this is also true. he might care deeply about it, he might not (my guess is the latter), but there's no doubt it's building political capital

fame: lol. elon is one of the neediest motherfuckers i've ever seen. undoubtedly many people haven't heard about this before, and with his recent broadsides against the "far left" new york times et. al. i wouldn't put it past him to have been imagining soft-focus puff piece articles about what a great family man he is to all 800 of his ivf kids while standing against the evil alex jones. it's a cold calculation to be sure but that's elon for you.

circle back to points 2, 1 and 3, in that order:

politics: if he doesn't get the puff pieces he's very obviously fishing for (and they will be coming, especially from the right), he can then accuse the "liberal media" of not caring about children or just generally being mean to ol' musky. every time he tries to dunk on NYT, CBS, etc. it ingratiates him to the far right even further, bringing us to

gain: right-wingers are the biggest grifters out there. you can't separate elon from that lot. he will find some way to siphon more money from them beyond the cause of "free speech" and thumbing his nose at "the elites" (like the world's richest man isn't one) while, again, gaining their pity

and again

fame: all of this keeps people talking about elon. elon is on twitter. he'd prefer it all to be good, obviously, but now that he owns the platform he can just drive the people criticizing him away (or fire them).

i hate this man so much

e: expand

Beeftweeter fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Nov 21, 2022

DominoKitten
Aug 7, 2012

https://www.marieclaire.com/sex-love/a5380/millionaire-starter-wife/ posted:

By the time eBay bought PayPal in 2002, we had moved to Los Angeles and had our first child, a boy named Nevada Alexander. The sale of PayPal vaulted Elon's net worth to well over $100 million. The same week, Nevada went down for a nap, placed on his back as always, and stopped breathing. He was 10 weeks old, the age when male infants are most susceptible to SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome). By the time the paramedics resuscitated him, he had been deprived of oxygen for so long that he was brain-dead. He spent three days on life support in a hospital in Orange County before we made the decision to take him off it. I held him in my arms when he died.

Elon made it clear that he did not want to talk about Nevada's death. I didn't understand this, just as he didn't understand why I grieved openly, which he regarded as "emotionally manipulative." I buried my feelings instead, coping with Nevada's death by making my first visit to an IVF clinic less than two months later. Elon and I planned to get pregnant again as swiftly as possible. Within the next five years, I gave birth to twins, then triplets, and I sold three novels to Penguin and Simon & Schuster. Even so, Nevada's death sent me on a years-long inward spiral of depression and distraction that would be continuing today if one of our nannies hadn't noticed me struggling. She approached me with the name of an excellent therapist. Dubious, I gave it a shot. In those weekly sessions, I began to get perspective on what had become my life.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Oh right so more lies good good

bssoil
Mar 21, 2004

akadajet posted:

elon should cram himself inside of that thing and launch it into the sun

bssoil
Mar 21, 2004

a man can dream

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Beeftweeter posted:

ugh i really should go to bed but that tweet tasks me

in case it's not obvious what he's doing is literally what he accuses jones of (and he's not exactly wrong there):

gain: i think he means this in the material sense. the sandy hook poo poo made jones very wealthy. elon has done a lot of reprehensible poo poo in the past two days+ and needs an image softener. sympathy is what he gains in the immediate but since he owns the platform that can quite possibly become material gain in short order

politics: see above and combine with the fact that he's now deeply enmeshed in the far right. they're nutso about anything related to children these days, and if people hadn't heard the story before they are most certainly going to be more endeared to elon in the future, because it makes him seem like he cares a lot about babies. however,

afaik this is also true. he might care deeply about it, he might not (my guess is the latter), but there's no doubt it's building political capital

fame: lol. elon is one of the neediest motherfuckers i've ever seen. undoubtedly many people haven't heard about this before, and with his recent broadsides against the "far left" new york times et. al. i wouldn't put it past him to have been imagining soft-focus puff piece articles about what a great family man he is to all 800 of his ivf kids while standing against the evil alex jones. it's a cold calculation to be sure but that's elon for you.

circle back to points 2, 1 and 3, in that order:

politics: if he doesn't get the puff pieces he's very obviously fishing for (and they will be coming, especially from the right), he can then accuse the "liberal media" of not caring about children or just generally being mean to ol' musky. every time he tries to dunk on NYT, CBS, etc. it ingratiates him to the far right even further, bringing us to

gain: right-wingers are the biggest grifters out there. you can't separate elon from that lot. he will find some way to siphon more money from them beyond the cause of "free speech" and thumbing his nose at "the elites" (like the world's richest man isn't one) while, again, gaining their pity

and again

fame: all of this keeps people talking about elon. elon is on twitter. he'd prefer it all to be good, obviously, but now that he owns the platform he can just drive the people criticizing him away (or fire them).

i hate this man so much

e: expand

too many words. didnt read.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
thanks fart it's probably nothing

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

your welcome

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

I'm sure trung has never made fun of children or used them for gain. Totally fair and balanced.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Beeftweeter posted:

thanks fart it's probably nothing

no it was decent, fart Simpson is a either a troll or easily mistaken for one most of the time

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
not funny or interesting or contributing anything but a nice tl;dr apropos of nothing is always refreshing and pretty much revolutionary and unheard of on the internet

breaking all the rules with a bland post we can all skim by

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
not only dull himself, but the cause of dullness in others

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

no it was decent, fart Simpson is a either a troll or easily mistaken for one most of the time

im sure it was a fine post

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

fart simpson posted:

im sure it was a fine post

it was just okay :shrug:

i'm grumpy

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

lol, christ.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

it was just okay :shrug:

i'm grumpy

when im grumpy i get a cup of coffee and it soothes me. i recommend trying it if you havent

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

fart simpson posted:

when im grumpy i get a cup of coffee and it soothes me. i recommend trying it if you haven't

guessing we're kind of on a different time zone m8

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
always interesting and funny to see people checking in the china threads and the aussie threads and reporting back from east coast us time zones and gmt and so forth and wires getting crossed

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
and here i am in the pacific us trying to post in a way that isn't hangry or just dull

impossible!

like a bogan on a pingaz binge

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

cant believe the lols keep coming.

Well, the lols start comin' and they don't stop comin...

EAT THE EGGS ELON

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

yeah i definitely had "the reason people don't bring up the baby story is because it's really hosed up" in my head but i couldn't quite remember how, thanks

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

idk why but i just realized everyone in the war room pic with elon is under the age of 30. makes sense that idiot kids who don’t have lives / haven’t learned that killing yourself for your boss is a losing strategy yet are the only ones who clicked yes on that email

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

PIZZA.BAT posted:

idk why but i just realized everyone in the war room pic with elon is under the age of 30. makes sense that idiot kids who don’t have lives / haven’t learned that killing yourself for your boss is a losing strategy yet are the only ones who clicked yes on that email

international work visas are usually a lot more difficult if not outright impossible to get when you're older. i think there's a subtle "they have more ability to work grueling hours" concept to it, and also there's the notion that an older person won't put in enough working (and therefore income tax-paying) years before retiring to be worth it.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

PIZZA.BAT posted:

Isn't this the default workforce of startups for exactly this reason

If you can pay people in pizza instead of flex time why wouldn't you

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

well if you want to save money at all costs you should fire the old people duh

MattO
Oct 10, 2003

how do you have a baby die of SIDS when you're holding it and feel its last heartbeat that sounds super hosed up

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

bring forth the digital Ättestupa

Mynameismud
Jul 12, 2009
Its a lie as always

https://twitter.com/yoloption/status/1594612194267783170?cxt=HHwWhICznfLVmaEsAAAA

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

MattO posted:

how do you have a baby die of SIDS when you're holding it and feel its last heartbeat that sounds super hosed up

according to the quote posted earlier the baby was resuscitated but brain damaged beyond recovery so they chose to turn off the life support after confirming the brain was too far gone

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

great, now he's gonna bring alex jones back

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

sounds like the baby died twice so they could have both technically been the one holding it when it died

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.
I'm surprised that Alex Jones is the line that even Musk won't cross, but I'm about 95% sure it's because he realizes Jones specifically is damaging to any posting place and it'd be terrible for Twitters future.

Edit: the other 5% is because he doesn't like Jones personally, but Musk doesn't like Trump personally and realizes that Twitter needs Trump to come back.

Twerk from Home fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Nov 21, 2022

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Twerk from Home posted:

I'm surprised that Alex Jones is the line that even Musk won't cross, but I'm about 95% sure it's because he realizes Jones specifically is damaging to any posting place and it'd be terrible for Twitters future.

Edit: the other 5% is because he doesn't like Jones personally, but Musk doesn't like Trump personally and realizes that Twitter needs Trump to come back.

twitter/musk would get sued into the ground the next time Jones starts blasting some "(((they))) did the Colorado shooting as a cover up" poo poo

otoh he allowed Kanye back on so he's a loving moron either way

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
kimdotcom is so worthless

he doesn't even host files anymore

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Twerk from Home posted:

Musk doesn't like Trump personally

[citation needed]

MattO
Oct 10, 2003

Tesseraction posted:

according to the quote posted earlier the baby was resuscitated but brain damaged beyond recovery so they chose to turn off the life support after confirming the brain was too far gone

ahh that's horrible... when we had our 1st kid I didn't sleep for like 6 months because of the SIDS horror stories we'd been told

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

thanks for bringing kimdotcom into this, elon, now the megaupload song is stuck in my head :mad:

EricBauman
Nov 30, 2005

DOLF IS RECHTVAARDIG

quiggy posted:

[citation needed]

trump definitely hates musk for being a bootlicker and a rino and whatever.
musk probably really admires trump for being a great deal maker like he himself could never be, and he's too stupid to see that trump really is a con artist and his deals are always either outright coercion or just not paying people as agreed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Twerk from Home posted:

He seems to be very into Donald Trump based on recent behavior