Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

PaybackJack posted:

Would he be a worse champion than Tyrus?

I can't see Dave burying Bully Ray worse than he's buried Tyrus in recent weeks.

Tyrus at least gets you on Gutfeld!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
https://twitter.com/wonf4w/status/1594560051527696384

…the gently caress?

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Drakkel posted:

The year is 2050. America has collapsed into a series of warring city-states. The Earth is dying. The Sun is collapsing into a black hole. Bully Ray is the Impact champion.

And somehow Mike Sanders and Ernest Miller are still fighting over the role of Commissioner of WCW.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

drat, another 90s actor getting into the business?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

never turned off an ep so fast in my life

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

is that the guy that wrote the theme song?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Lone Goat posted:

is that the guy that wrote the theme song?

No but he is friends with the guy who wrote the theme song

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I wonder if the other furries poo poo talk him because his costume is just the son from that dinosaurs show instead of some original content do not steal neon purple and teal thing

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
B&V is now a dedicated Dinosaurs podcast, can't wait to hear what they thought about the flat earth episode

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Is this one of those twitter impersonation things that are going around

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Barry Bluejeans posted:

B&V is now a dedicated Dinosaurs podcast, can't wait to hear what they thought about the flat earth episode

I want them to review the finale, which is one of the bleakest things ever put on network television.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

The, uh, dinosaurs laugh was annoying but he was pretty good on the show otherwise. And it lead to some funny dialog.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://www.si.com/wrestling/2022/11/21/aew-full-gear-mjf-championship-match-heel-turn?utm_source=reddit.com

Bryan just stop trying you will never convince anyone it's money on the table being lost due to Whitemeat Babyface MJF not being the plan.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Lid posted:

https://www.si.com/wrestling/2022/11/21/aew-full-gear-mjf-championship-match-heel-turn?utm_source=reddit.com

Bryan just stop trying you will never convince anyone it's money on the table being lost due to Whitemeat Babyface MJF not being the plan.

I agree with Bryan but also it's not my money, you know

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Are organic babyfaces hard to come by? It seems like AEW has made and continues to make plenty.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Pylons posted:

Are organic babyfaces hard to come by? It seems like AEW has made and continues to make plenty.

MJF isn't organic look how jacked he got

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

flashy_mcflash posted:

I want them to review the finale, which is one of the bleakest things ever put on network television.

review the two-parter about the pistachio war

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Craig's "The Grounded Bear?" line got a shocked and utterly genuine,"Oh God :xd:" from me :allears:

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

The one where the kid gets on the juice

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Lid posted:

Y'know how Cody not turning heel basically made his last 6 months a constant battle with the crowd? If they're not really careful, MJF is gonna be the opposite issue. People liking him so much that he basically turns every babyface heel and cools them off by working with them. I 100% get what Tony's trying to do, and Max apparently doesn't want to work face either, but I think at least a short run as a face and then re-heating him as a heel in like August would've been the smarter play. Let people cheer him if they want.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
https://twitter.com/WONF4W/status/1594822661544321024 :3:

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Gaz-L posted:

Y'know how Cody not turning heel basically made his last 6 months a constant battle with the crowd? If they're not really careful, MJF is gonna be the opposite issue. People liking him so much that he basically turns every babyface heel and cools them off by working with them. I 100% get what Tony's trying to do, and Max apparently doesn't want to work face either, but I think at least a short run as a face and then re-heating him as a heel in like August would've been the smarter play. Let people cheer him if they want.

This is why I’m looking forward to MJF vs Starks. I hope the crowd gets behind Starks when it happens.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

lol dave got worked by wayward son too

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Gaz-L posted:

People can and will cheer him. But I think you're underestimating that the fans want him to be a shithead.

He might be cheered more against unlikeable heels, but I'm not sure he should change at all.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
As long as they don't send all their top faces out against MJF I think he should be fine I think. If he's cool with being cheered while being an rear end in a top hat and doesn't ruin a bunch of other faces in the process it'll be good.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MJF keeps calling himself the devil.

In the dark, slumbering Miro stirs.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

MJF keeps calling himself the devil.

In the dark, slumbering Miro stirs.

His beef is with God not the devil

doos
Jan 1, 2015

Tony never said his favorite sandwich...

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Dango Bango posted:

His beef is with God not the devil

He declared a multi-front war after arriving at the conclusion that a fearful God sent the devil after him, and that the devil sent his pagans (House of Black) as the first strike.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I miss miro

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
Bryan keeps saying "you can always turn him heel later", but can't they always give him a program against a heel later, too?

Also, the dinosaur man was a fun guest.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

El Generico posted:

Bryan keeps saying "you can always turn him heel later", but can't they always give him a program against a heel later, too?

Also, the dinosaur man was a fun guest.

But if you put him against a heel in 6 months, you could miss the peak. Which Tony is very guilty of as of late.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
This must be the first time in a while that the WON awards Best Booker/Best Promoter is up in the air right?

- Off year for Tony Khan but his is the most watched show by far and he's had to book through a lot of bad luck.
- Gedo still hasn't recovered his aura completely but his year was arguably better than Khan's.
- Dark horse Rossy with an insurgent promotion that's still under watched by Dave and the Observer crowd but undeniably has had its best year ever and strongly advocated for by Filthy Tom.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

fez_machine posted:

This must be the first time in a while that the WON awards Best Booker/Best Promoter is up in the air right?

- Off year for Tony Khan but his is the most watched show by far and he's had to book through a lot of bad luck.
- Gedo still hasn't recovered his aura completely but his year was arguably better than Khan's.
- Dark horse Rossy with an insurgent promotion that's still under watched by Dave and the Observer crowd but undeniably has had its best year ever and strongly advocated for by Filthy Tom.

Sanshiro Takagi shouldn't be overlooked either. Has cultivated favourable relationships with bigger companies while still keeping his home promotion well booked and pushing some of the rising stars

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Sanshiro Takagi shouldn't be overlooked either. Has cultivated favourable relationships with bigger companies while still keeping his home promotion well booked and pushing some of the rising stars

As much as I like Takagi, there's no way he will ever win an Observer award. Hell he won't even get the HoF that he probably deservers.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Papa H will dominate

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Kennel posted:

Papa H will dominate

oh poo poo I forgot the undercurrent of WWE is good and superior to AEW now in certain circles (Dave included for a moment)

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Kennel posted:

Papa H will dominate

From what I've seen on the forums, they still largely hate WWE.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Kennel posted:

Papa H will dominate

Well deserved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I think Tony probably wins but doesn't run away with it. NJPW is still cold in the US despite stronger cards cause of no cheering, Stardom is growing but I don't think has grown enough to beat out a North American promotion. And HHH is just doing a mix of NXT/Main roster and I think the bounce he got from not being Vince is fading