Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
if I had unlimited money I would probably probate all of you for fun. the thing is I'm loving awesome and elon musk is a loving nerd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

SmokaDustbowl posted:

if I had unlimited money I would probably probate all of you for fun. the thing is I'm loving awesome and elon musk is a loving nerd

lmao you having infinite money and still posting online in any capacity, Elon levels of imagination.

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now
ty elon fail thread for the place to find a good wok

gonna order from the wok shop

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

cheese eats mouse posted:

ty elon fail thread for the place to find a good wok

gonna order from the wok shop

i seriously use it like 4x a week. its the best

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

NoneMoreNegative posted:

lmao you having infinite money and still posting online in any capacity, Elon levels of imagination.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysFxrPNjvNA

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james

SmokaDustbowl posted:

I can do this though

🌕🌕🌕🌕🌕🌕🌕🌕
🌕🌕🌕🌕🌕🎩🌕🌕
🌕🌕🌕🌕🌘🌑🌒🌕
🌕🌕🌕🌘🌑🌑🌑🌓
🌕🌕🌖🌑👁️🌑👁️🌓
🌕🌕🌗🌑🌑👄🌑🌔
🌕🌕🌘🌑🌑🌑🌒🌕
🌕🌕🌘🌑🌑🎀🌓🌕
🌕🌕🌘🌑🌑🌑🌔🌕
🌕🌕🌘🌔🌘🌑🌕🌕
🌕🌖🌒🌕🌗🌒🌕🌕
🌕🌗🌓🌕🌗🌓🌕🌕
🌕🌘🌔🌕🌗🌓🌕🌕
🌕👠🌕🌕🌕👠🌕🌕

:staredog:

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/11/18/opinion/twitter-yoel-roth-elon-musk.html?smid=nytcore-ios-share&referringSource=articleShare

tldr: Twitter’s ex-head of safety says Apple and Google have the real leverage because they presumably don’t want to be associated with the official platform of the American Nazi Party and lol if Twitter gets pulled

I know this is all wishful thinking and there’s 0% chance it would ever come close to happening

It seems to me like Elon’s coke-addled dream is just to pull the plug on advertisers and get all the revenue from EIGHT DOLLAR SUBSCRIPTIONS, because that way he’s not beholden to anyone telling him you shouldn’t be paling around with literal white supremacists

or elon could melt down over a reviewer rejecting a patch because “I typed boobs into the search box and got boobs” and delete the iOS app tomorrow who knows

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
i mean, with subscriptions still "on hold indefinitely", and advertisers fleeing constantly, how long until twitter just has $0 income? where does their non-ad money even come from, if they have any?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Zamujasa posted:

i mean, with subscriptions still "on hold indefinitely", and advertisers fleeing constantly, how long until twitter just has $0 income? where does their non-ad money even come from, if they have any?

Selling off more Tesla shares.

DominoKitten
Aug 7, 2012

didn’t the first version of buying your checkmark only come through a purchase on iOS?

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
ios only indeed

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Zamujasa posted:

lots of companies are still advertising on twitter, such as spacex and

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
from the verge:

quote:

Elon Musk cuts more of Twitter’s employee perks.

Company allowances for employee wellness, productivity, home internet, training and development, Outschool, daycare, and quarterly team activities have all been discontinued, per an internal memo I’ve seen. “Allowances will be reevaluated over time and may be added back when the company’s financial situation improves,” it reads. More hardcore!
as predicted but still lol

gonna make hiring and retention real easy for twitter. come grind startup hours and chaos in exchange for no perks, no wfh, and no equity!

shackleford
Sep 4, 2006

Zamujasa posted:

probably from selling API access and the firehose stream

wasn't twitter bragging in the lawsuit about how they comped elon's bot team with API credits since they kept running out, to demonstrate how they were bending over backwards to facilitate access to data

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now
well that’s more communicative than my upper level management

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
a dude came into work and he had a spacex polo on I hope it was only because he couldn’t read and he just liked the colour

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

fart simpson posted:

i mean im sure its a pretty good pan in its own right

thinking about brewing up some energy drinks in one 😋

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

echinopsis posted:

a dude came into work and he had a spacex polo on I hope it was only because he couldn’t read and he just liked the colour
     /
    /

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Shumagorath posted:

https://www.lecreuset.ca/en_CA/wok/CA-21308.html

have fun polymerizing in your oven i guess

seems legit

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

bro are you seriously polymerizing in your oven :cawg:

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

just whipping a lil something up in my kitchen with the marble countertops, rustic set pieces, stainless appliances, 24 wine glasses and a tiny dinosaur skeleton

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

I hate that open shelving setup instead of cabinets they like to do now of days.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
love to get dusty stemware. its fun, look how much fun it is

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

you loving dweebs... cast-iron and train chat when Melon is constantly providing lomarfs at an ever increasing rate...

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

echinopsis posted:

thinking about brewing up some energy drinks in one 😋

he’ll yes

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

refleks posted:

you loving dweebs... cast-iron and train chat when Melon is constantly providing lomarfs at an ever increasing rate...

B tha change u want 2 see brother

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Megabound posted:

B tha change u want 2 see brother

I post all day erry day everytime elon news come in hot.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

refleks posted:

we’re kind of between lomarf batches rn

also a loving creuset wok is the kind of poo poo elong would buy

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

refleks posted:

that's how you know this thread has ascended into the upper echelon of yospos threads. derailed by the stupidest asides. just like cjs or tech bubble.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

with the latest tweet about how verification* works we're 1-2 days away from a Trump-style tweet about how "No-one ever thought it would be this difficult. We simply had no idea and it turns out it's really hard. Everyone is talking about how hard it is but I can solve it"

*not actually verification

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

I'm mostly amazed the derail wasn't caused by 3O's internet-connected smart wok or whatever.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Beeftweeter posted:

just whipping a lil something up in my kitchen with the marble countertops, rustic set pieces, stainless appliances, 24 wine glasses and a tiny dinosaur skeleton

if you're cooking anything but the most basic of meals, your kitchen needs a tiny dinosaur skeleton

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

echinopsis posted:

they give that poo poo out free, my dad has like 20 spacex hats cuz they give him another one each time he's had to go out to their plant

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

really kinda want a tiny dinosaur skeleton now.

effective ad La Crewset.

Expo70
Nov 15, 2021

Can't talk now, doing
Hot Girl Stuff

SmokaDustbowl posted:

This will of course not work because I don't know what probate means and therefor I have no conception of your imaginary intentions and therefor, said imaginary intentions cannot be imagined and thus imagined me cannot be probated with your imaginary unlimited money.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Expo70 posted:

This will of course not work because I don't know what probate means and therefor I have no conception of your imaginary intentions and therefor, said imaginary intentions cannot be imagined and thus imagined me cannot be probated with your imaginary unlimited money.

i think you're about to find out what probate means

Expo70
Nov 15, 2021

Can't talk now, doing
Hot Girl Stuff

Shame Boy posted:

i think you're about to find out what probate means

lmao no I'm not I'll forget in 10 minutes because legal is boring

the only good legal is the stuff giving people rights and protecting stuff from assholes

Edit: I don't want to know what probate means anymore. Especially not from the mods. I'll be good.
Edit: If its 100% essential, can you at least make the little note cute and fun so we both laugh about it. I feel sad now.

Expo70 fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Nov 22, 2022

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

How can you suck down government subsidies through twitter, that's the code we need to crack

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Jonny 290 posted:

i did! i ordered online and it didn't ship for a week, so i called, and the Chinese lady yelled at me for ten minutes about how their woks are forged, best wok you can get, let me get the book and find your order, i tell you no better wok in the world, forged, best wok

she asked what kind of handle i was looking for on my cai dao

i said that i thought it was appropriate to have a chinese-style of handle on a chinese-style knife

this was not the right answer

and to be fair, yeah, it was a stupid reason, use whichever works better in your hand (which happens to be the traditional handle)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EricBauman
Nov 30, 2005

DOLF IS RECHTVAARDIG
subscriptions can work for twitter, but you can't pull enough money out of verification, even if you don't actually do verification.
you'd have to charge normal users. but you can say goodbye to the middle east, asia and africa if you do that.
selling europeans and americans a twitter subscription for thirty bucks a year is possible

but then you hit all of the problems sa has figured out over the past decades, like the two big ones that you'll immediately need to deal with:
- do you want people to be able to evade a ban just by paying?
- chargebacks when you ban or suspend people

selling people a spam and scam license for $8 just isn't going to cut it