Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.

PotatoJudge posted:

Even better, if they win this they play at the same time as the bucket game tomorrow.

The next games are all Sunday for the record

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George

ColdBlooded posted:

The next games are all Sunday for the record

Oh good, I just saw 3:30 and started to laugh.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Unreal, did not see this coming

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Pre-emptive gently caress Duke

Braden Smith is going to annoy B10 fans for the next couple of years, I can't believe how well he's played so far.

ColdBlooded fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Nov 26, 2022

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Jesus I knew this was a good incoming class but I wasn't expecting this so far.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Mons Hubris posted:

Maybe State isn’t terrible this year? Seems like every position is significantly upgraded. Joiner is the best PG State has had since Markell Johnson at least, Clark is like if Hellems was actually good, and now there are like 4 guys who play in front of Dowuona.

Yeah, after the Butler win I’m moving up to cautiously optimistic. I haven’t seen this level of effort from an NC State team in quite a while.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

Freaquency posted:

Yeah, after the Butler win I’m moving up to cautiously optimistic. I haven’t seen this level of effort from an NC State team in quite a while.

if Keatts can work the transfer exchange effectively and plug them into some sort of approachable system then it could mask at least in the short to medium term his own scattershot recruiting and his major weakness of developing talent. Definitely a better looking squad than a majority of the ACC this year.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
mizzou hasn't played anybody good, but they are absolutely torching the nets every game. their offense should let them finish in the middle of the SEC, which is a lot more entertaining than cuonzo teams winning like 17 games a year with scores like 60-56

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
If Purdue beats Duke tomorrow I will be calling each individual AP voter and insisting that we are #1

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

elentar posted:

if Keatts can work the transfer exchange effectively and plug them into some sort of approachable system then it could mask at least in the short to medium term his own scattershot recruiting and his major weakness of developing talent. Definitely a better looking squad than a majority of the ACC this year.

If the transfer portal continues to be as important as it looks like it will, Keatts may actually be in a better position to take advantage of that than some, since he basically had a whole new team every year at Hargrave and seemed to thrive in that situation.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Mons Hubris posted:

If the transfer portal continues to be as important as it looks like it will, Keatts may actually be in a better position to take advantage of that than some, since he basically had a whole new team every year at Hargrave and seemed to thrive in that situation.

Yeah I’m thinking that we’re going to finally get to see him live up to his potential as HC here. It seems like the cloud of the NCAA investigation hovering over the program hindered his efforts there and now that it’s passed he’ll hopefully be able to take a step up. I don’t know that mining the transfer portal is going to be enough to create a title contender but I think just contending in the ACC will be enough for a lot of State fans at this point.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Syracuse dropped a home game to Bryant.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

The women's event at that weird court, yikes
https://twitter.com/JerryHinnen/status/1596703060029759489

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
Apparently a head/neck injury which seems a bit, uh, time sensitive? What if a player or staffer had a cardiac event? If I’m her family I’m getting my knives out and going after the NCAA, the tournament organizers and maybe even the university itself for gross negligence leading to bodily harm.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

elentar posted:

Syracuse dropped a home game to Bryant.

Syracuse has firmly become a has-been. I look at a team like Arkansas this year and think to myself, that's what Syracuse used to be. The talent is just not what it once was, the 2-3 zone is a huge liability in the age of 3-point shooters, and our 80-year-old coach is too stubborn to change anything. All that said, Bryant is a scumbag program with a scumbag coach, players and fans. I wish them nothing but the worst.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I guess I just don't know the northeast but how does one become familiar enough with Bryant athletics to have animosity toward them?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
not sure Syracuse should be throwing "scumbag program with a scumbag coach" bricks in this glass house

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

Henchman of Santa posted:

I guess I just don't know the northeast but how does one become familiar enough with Bryant athletics to have animosity toward them?

Between what I saw last night and their fans' conduct in their conference tourney last year, I've seen enough to form my opinions. Bringing players that got ejected from the game back out on the court to celebrate is a pure scumbag move.

Poque posted:

not sure Syracuse should be throwing "scumbag program with a scumbag coach" bricks in this glass house

Okay. Thanks for your feedback.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

double post

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Let's loving go Boilers

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Purdue lost a ton of offense, but they gained a lot on the defensive end, plus the new guys really complement Zach Edey well.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

PotatoJudge posted:

Purdue lost a ton of offense, but they gained a lot on the defensive end, plus the new guys really complement Zach Edey well.

After decades of begging the Haarmses and Kartelos to go to the weight room, Edey declares himself king and looks like the best center we've had in the Painter era

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Beat Gonzaga by 18 and Duke by 19.

The only weird thing is everyone has been god awful from 3 against Purdue. Some of it is defense, but the other teams have consistently missed their open looks so far this season.

PotatoJudge fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Nov 27, 2022

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

PotatoJudge posted:

Beat Gonzaga by 18 and Duke by 19.

Rank us #1 and I'm not even joking

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Poque posted:

Rank us #1 and I'm not even joking

Do it and then they for sure lose at 1-6 Florida State Wednesday. That travel is going to be brutal.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

4OT for North Carolina and Bama

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

PotatoJudge posted:

Do it and then they for sure lose at 1-6 Florida State Wednesday. That travel is going to be brutal.

Speaking of brutal travel, UNC will need to be in Bloomington and they're heading to a 4th OT in Portland.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

When Bill Walton is the more coherent / correct in the booth you have problems.

And Bill was correct, no goaltend on the review, Alabama ball due to possession arrow after the review.

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Henchman of Santa posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bryant%E2%80%93Wagner_brawl

Bryant fans are dicks.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Neither team wanted to win, Bama got away with a foul at the end.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

hahaha eat poo poo UNC

also gently caress Duke of course, what a weekend it's been

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021

EvilBlackRailgun posted:

4OT for North Carolina and Bama

Game almost killed me

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Portland almost beat Michigan State by scoring 8 points in 15 seconds and having a decent look at the buzzer.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I think Cyclones used up all their mojo on Friday.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Apparently ISU's weakness is playing a team with a giant on it, so hopefully we don't have to face too many teams like that.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

I've been a regular at Syracuse games since the mid 90s. It was the worst behavior I've ever seen from a visiting team and nothing else is really in the same ballpark. Their bench was jawing at fans the whole game and there coaching staff wasn't just tolerating it, at times they were egging it on. It isn't a matter of if there will be another "Malice at the Palace" incident with a Grasso coached team, it's a matter of when.

E: But hey, I know most of the thread hates Syracuse, so enjoy. If you hate Syracuse, I think you will really enjoy this basketball season.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

https://twitter.com/theandykatz/status/1597213520550326272?s=46&t=TWSPDrY5LzWt2pwZVJ2GKg
huh

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

E: But hey, I know most of the thread hates Syracuse, so enjoy. If you hate Syracuse, I think you will really enjoy this basketball season.

my hatred of Syracuse basketball is easily expansive enough to include an addendum that Bryant sucks too

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Seems like a Big 10 and 12 pairing makes sense then. There's even some decent geographical overlap that will make things interesting. Although from ISU and Iowa perspective, it would kind of suck having two OOC games being taken up by the same conference.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
that Bryant coach seems like a total lunatic. Forgot that the student section incident from last season was them too, all mid-majors look the same

I hate this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
Houston might end up at #1 today but we don't deserve it, we looked bad on offense against a mediocre Oregon team and then nearly poo poo the bed at home against a probably decent but not great Kent State team

We have a real test next Saturday with a neutral site game against St. Mary's, and then home vs Alabama and away at UVA on consecutive Saturdays. We could very well lose all three if we don't find a way out of this shooting slump