Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOpoPPIRtdQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

mawarannahr posted:

I have just thought the same thing. I didn’t post it because I’ve only seen one thing with Radcliffe (The Lost City) and assumed I’d get piled on by people who saw his good roles in other stuff. as someone who’s never seen Harry Potter, he’s the Harry Potter guy though, like hammil is luke

He's had good roles in other stuff, but none of it is remotely on the scale of marketing that HP was. Like how Mark Hamill has had a lot of great VA roles but Star Wars is such a cultural juggernaut that he's always going to be Luke before anything except maybe the Joker (and even then I think Luke still beats that pretty easily)

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

those 90s kids look like every generic disney show cast. i don't want to see them get high or have sexcapades

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
red calling clinton a jackass after getting fired from the factory because of nafta

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

christmas boots posted:

He's had good roles in other stuff, but none of it is remotely on the scale of marketing that HP was. Like how Mark Hamill has had a lot of great VA roles but Star Wars is such a cultural juggernaut that he's always going to be Luke before anything except maybe the Joker (and even then I think Luke still beats that pretty easily)

i agree on luke beating him easily because i think few people outside the Anglosphere watched the Batman animated series, and even fewer heard it in English — children’s stuff tends to be dubbed.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Durf posted:

all the kids from That 70s show were thrown into The Phantom Zone for being sex pests

Mila Kunis revealing how old she actually was when the show started was one of the most hosed up things I've ever heard

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
instead of the basement joint circle segments they're all in a molly cuddle puddle

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

even the redhead? :ohdear:

She turned blonde and destroyed her source of power

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

looking forward to Glenn Howerton returning for That Aughts Show

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

This is wrong. This is very wrong.

But drat if those two didn't age gracefully for a pair who already looked old when the original show was on the air.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

mawarannahr posted:

I have just thought the same thing. I didn’t post it because I’ve only seen one thing with Radcliffe (The Lost City) and assumed I’d get piled on by people who saw his good roles in other stuff. as someone who’s never seen Harry Potter, he’s the Harry Potter guy though, like hammil is luke

i've only seen one harry potter and i loving love radcliffe. maybe those two facts have influenced each other a bit. swiss army man rules

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Maximo Roboto posted:

But drat if those two didn't age gracefully for a pair who already looked old when the original show was on the air.

yeah, that's some good loving genetics
especially since, canonically, Kitty is a chainsmoker

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

i might check it out just long enough for red to bust out the first "dumbass" and then bail

kurtwood smith is the GOAT

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

hasn't aged more than 10 years since '87

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

red calling clinton a jackass after getting fired from the factory because of nafta

he's actually a typical perot voter and i hope that's at least worth a throwaway joke

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

also yeah first thing i thought was that the kids look way too young, but the original came out when i was 14 so i think i just have a different perception

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Laterite posted:

it is kind of interesting that the rise of prestige tv starting with the sopranos, also coincided with the inability of the given lead actor to be separated from their character, and then "cinematic universes" amped that up even further.

clooney got famous with ER but when he made the big time jump to leading movies no one really still thought of him as dr ross anymore. conversely, gandolfini (rip) will always be tony soprano, bryan cranston is always going to be walter white (this is hal erasure), jon hamm is always going to be don draper, chris evans is always going to be steve rogers, etc.

nah this isn’t new. you have to go back to pre war almost almost.

Connery was always James Bond and he hated that fact. likewise Harrison was auper annoyed that he’s always Han Solo.

basically fans and making more sequels is bad

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

indy > han 4 ever

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

i say swears online posted:

also yeah first thing i thought was that the kids look way too young, but the original came out when i was 14 so i think i just have a different perception

there's also the effect that hair style, clothing style, etc greatly affects perception of age.

smoking/sun/whatever

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

hire fans

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Clothes and styles make a difference, as do quality of makeup, lighting, or photography. People have said how old movies feature accents and tones of voice that don't exist anymore, and when people do hear them, they associate with old age. I have an unsupported theory that people make the same associations between harsher ethnic features that have been softened over time by the great melting fuckpot of America, or maybe the radical elevations of beauty standards that have regulated them to the cinematic ghettos.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

bring back the mid-Atlantic accent

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

people were also chainsmoking unfiltered cigarettes with whiskeys for lunch
and also getting prescribed amphetamines for weight loss and poo poo

it was harder living in those days

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

also everyone started smoking at 11

efb

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

I guess the cast really is like 15 in both pilots

honestly mila looks even younger

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Antonymous posted:

honestly mila looks even younger

She looks about the age her character is supposed to be.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Did she lie about her age to get on the show or am I remembering wrong

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

What was the last generally-known thing Mila Kunis was in? Last one I can remember was Black Swan

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

loquacius posted:

What was the last generally-known thing Mila Kunis was in? Last one I can remember was Black Swan

Sunday's family guy

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

loquacius posted:

Did she lie about her age to get on the show or am I remembering wrong

Yes she was our generations underage GI at D-Day

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

War and Pieces posted:

Yes she was our generations Laurence Fishburne

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Mameluke posted:

Chungking Express is naked copaganda soz

Faye Wong doesn't know what cops do to their partners

actually the main problem with chungking express is that it fetishizes manic pixie dream girls

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Laterite posted:

clooney got famous with ER but when he made the big time jump to leading movies no one really still thought of him as dr ross anymore. conversely, gandolfini (rip) will always be tony soprano, bryan cranston is always going to be walter white (this is hal erasure), jon hamm is always going to be don draper, chris evans is always going to be steve rogers, etc.

Gandolfini had a long and successful career as like a third tier guy before he became Tony, same with Cranston more or less, and neither was handsome or young enough at the end of their shows to have a career-defining third act. and Chris Evans has plenty of time to shed the Cap baggage

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

maybe not a popular opinion around here but I do kind of want to see Clarence Boddicker as Red Foreman again

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

i say swears online posted:

indy > han 4 ever

yeah who would even argue otherwise

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005
Avatar blanked by Admin request.

Laterite posted:

it is kind of interesting that the rise of prestige tv starting with the sopranos, also coincided with the inability of the given lead actor to be separated from their character, and then "cinematic universes" amped that up even further.

i hardly recognize chris evans in whatever he's in

and yea hal erasure :hai:

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Chris Evans' greatest role is Mace

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

indigi posted:

Chris Evans' greatest role is Mace

hilarious that he demanded a purple lightsaber tho

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I just rewatched Knives Out (my sister hadn't seen it and wanted to) and it still blows my mind that Chris Evans was in that movie, I was 100% certain it was Channing Tatum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

loquacius posted:

I just rewatched Knives Out (my sister hadn't seen it and wanted to) and it still blows my mind that Chris Evans was in that movie, I was 100% certain it was Channing Tatum

which one of these played the himbo in ghostbusters 2016?