Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

good ch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
rip Atlas

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

rip lucci

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Luffy can often get caught out before he starts fighting seriously, it's possible that Lucci could cause some trouble here, even if it's just snatching up Bonney or Vegapunk.

Although I suspect that OG Kuma is going to pop in and immediately kick his rear end.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Maybe so but he ain't getting put down so easily, the balls Oda has to bring that encounter so early in this new arc too, things are about to pop off, zoan fights are always the craziest to see :suspense:

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

I just read up to the time skip. Wooooh. Manga milestone, baby. The story truly begins!

Yohohohoho!!!

Kart Barfunkel fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Dec 1, 2022

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
If I can just harness this energy source, I can end war. Oh, I got the idea from the energy core of an ancient giant war robot, why do you ask?

Tolth
Mar 16, 2008

PÄDOPHILIE MACHT FREI
I can see Lucci fighting Gear 4, but I can't see him fighting Gear 5 for long. It would be bizarre if he could. I don't believe Kaku can take Zoro either. Ergo, the only place real threat can come from in this arc is Stussy. Feel like she's about to reveal a horrible devil fruit.

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

Tolth posted:

I can see Lucci fighting Gear 4, but I can't see him fighting Gear 5 for long. It would be bizarre if he could. I don't believe Kaku can take Zoro either. Ergo, the only place real threat can come from in this arc is Stussy. Feel like she's about to reveal a horrible devil fruit.

Luffy might not be able to gear 5 at will, yet. I also don't see him getting through gear 4 either with Luffys wano upgrades. He's dangerous but not recently crowned emperor dangerous. He might pull out advanced conquerors next chapter though and prove me wrong though :shrug:

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Atlas gave Luffy food, Lucci is gonna get stomped in two seconds

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Oh man, I get to read the new chapter three times this week? :hellyeah:

I want to see Lucci get absolutely clowned on just to show how far Luffy has come.

Also, Stussy conveniently warning Kaku about the hazards well after the fact is a great character trait. :allears:

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Is this the first time Luffy's met up with a former arc antagonist who's straight up still just a villain? Luffy spent a ton of effort beating this guy up and he's still out there doing basically the same things, and here he is again. That's a pretty unique situation for this story. I guess maybe Buggy and Alvida in Loguetown could count.

I'm intrigued to see how it turns out. Lucci just beat up someone who fed Luffy so things will come to blows. It'll be interesting to see whether Luffy just wipes the floor with him or if Lucci's also gotten stronger and holds his own.

It's also interesting how fast this is kicking off. This seems like a no-nonsense intro to a more complicated story. We don't need to dwell on the CP0 invasion because it's just the start of something larger, or else the core of a very tight Zou-esque transition arc.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Kart Barfunkel posted:

I just read up to the time skip. Wooooh. Manga milestone, baby. The story truly begins!

Yohohohoho!!!

I envy your blind reintroduction to the crew alongside Chopper.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Vegapunk did the strongest thing you can do in One Piece: stated his dreams.

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
it seems like the ancient power source vegapunk is after is just solar energy, which ties into the sun god stuff

also interesting that vegapunk trusts sentomaru against cp0, i wasn't sure how that would play out

i'm expecting luffy to not be ready to go all out against lucci because he's still carrying bonney around but i still don't really expect lucci to be the final boss of the arc

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

lih posted:

it seems like the ancient power source vegapunk is after is just solar energy, which ties into the sun god stuff

also interesting that vegapunk trusts sentomaru against cp0, i wasn't sure how that would play out

i'm expecting luffy to not be ready to go all out against lucci because he's still carrying bonney around but i still don't really expect lucci to be the final boss of the arc

The deck is too stacked in the Strawhats' favor. I think Sentomaru is going to turn after getting new orders via snail or CP0. Or maybe when he sees Vegapunk cooperating with pirates. I think of him less of a bodyguard and more like a handler

Lamebot fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Dec 1, 2022

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

I do not understand Sentomaru. Like, I recognize what he is a reference to, but I do not understand why that reference is associated with Vegapunk as just this one-off guy. He's not part of a team. He doesn't have the gravitas of like, a commander or even what you'd expect from a bodyguard. Visually, he's just a weird large boy. Why is that character the one who gives Pacifistas orders?

It's interesting that he's back because he really makes no more sense to me in this context than he did in his introduction. I feel like he should be part of Vegapunk's supporting team or something, but we spent all this time introducing a bunch of Vegapunks so we're left with Sentomaru as the only non-Vegapunk character here.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Eiba posted:

I feel like he should be part of Vegapunk's supporting team or something, but we spent all this time introducing a bunch of Vegapunks so we're left with Sentomaru as the only non-Vegapunk character here.

spoilers: he's Vegapunk too.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Kuma's backstory is gonna be a tearjerked, ain't it.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Is a non-lovely version coming today?

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

said all series were in progress as of 4 hours ago

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Later tonight yeah

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

:toot:

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

https://twitter.com/TCBScans/status/1598462951765286912

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

https://onepiecechapters.com/chapters/5551/one-piece-chapter-1068

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

ATLAS NOOOOOOOO

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

It's fascinating to see an arc blitz by like this

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I love the running gag of Kaku getting pwned by traps while Stussy is explaining how they work

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

Oof. At least there's a backup copy of Atlas in the cloud

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Luffy not being interested in helping Vegapunk with his goal (while appreciating it's a nice goal) but happily agreeing to take him along anyway because "you have a funny head" is magical :allears:

Apple Gramps!

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Hmm, so I guess all the Vegapunks are robots, not only the ones that look like robots. That makes sense. Lucci did say that Atlas was still alive, I wonder if we'll have them all escape, somehow.

Lots of good Luffy bits in this chapter. Him agreeing to let Vegapunk join because of his head :allears:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

All the satellites being robots just makes York pooping for them even weirder!

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

The real problem's going to be figuring out what to do with Vegapunk's brain. The thing is bigger than the Sunny at this point.

bondster
May 6, 2007

it’s going to be Jinbei that squares off with Lucci because he’s been fighting Cat dudes lately (Who’s Who)

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
cool chap

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

bondster posted:

it’s going to be Jinbei that squares off with Lucci because he’s been fighting Cat dudes lately (Who’s Who)

Jaguars don't mind water/fishman karate

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Lamebot posted:

Jaguars don't mind water/fishman karate

Lucci blocks every one of Jinbei's attacks with a groaning, increasingly more hosed up Kaku.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Meanwhile, Stussy distracts Luffy and Chopper by showing them how to draw the "cool S"

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I like Kaku being like a kid in a toy store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Luffy better knock Lucci the gently caress out immediately. This is the final arc, we don’t need to see a rehash of a fight unless it’s a one-sided stomp-fest. The idea that Lucci could be as strong as Luffy is absurd. I don’t think he’s even Doflamingo level but maybe.

In short I want Luffy to crush Lucci and move on to the real bad guy: the pigeon.