Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

Luffy better knock Lucci the gently caress out immediately. This is the final arc, we don’t need to see a rehash of a fight unless it’s a one-sided stomp-fest. The idea that Lucci could be as strong as Luffy is absurd. I don’t think he’s even Doflamingo level but maybe.

In short I want Luffy to crush Lucci and move on to the real bad guy: the pigeon.

Completely agree with this. A Lucci rematch sounds completely pointless to me. The whole thing with CP9 coming back from utter defeat with a higher rank always felt off to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Vegapunk for nakama...

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
i don't think cp0 will be complete pushovers, they'll probably have awakened their fruits so they can put up a little bit of a fight, but i'm still expecting that kizaru or someone else will show up to be a proper threat. probably some enemy seraphim too - sentomaru betraying vegapunk is possible, yeah. the g14 marines are also probably going to show up and get dragged into the chaos

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Lucci coming back is cool. Oda always does interesting things with returning villains and I expect this to be no exception. Yeah it can turn into an “everyone knows everyone” problem but having old characters evolve with the times is one of OP’s most interesting aspects imo

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

The growth of the Strawhats and in particular Luffy and Zoro is supposed to be unprecedented in the One Piece world and I feel like it would cheapen that growth if Lucci and Kaku have grown at the same rate. But some growth is inevitable, so maybe it takes 2 hits from Gear Fourth to KO Lucci instead of 1. I expect CP0 to present a threat beyond a purely physical one though.

Hell, maybe Lucci and Kaku are disgrunted because Spandam sucks or something and are actually double agents, and will team up with the Strawhats. That would rule.

Croc was a good example of bringing back a villain, to me it felt like Croc got stronger but still isn't as strong as Luffy.

In other news, Stussy owns and I'm stoked to see more of her. :swoon:

Also excited to see Luffy face Sentamaru again and show off his ability to use Conquerors haki to coat himself!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
wonder if tehre's still time to visit mexico or the us

i forgot wapol's queen laughs "Gold-dig dig dig dig"

Finished the Reverie. Gonna read until we get into Wano itself, watch Stampede and then see if I could do the anime for all of Wano.

man, this re-read basically took 8 months and five days.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Dec 2, 2022

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost
LOL at how Luffy is pointing out how Aegis Zero is identical to CP9.
Really glad to have Kaku back, too.
Dunno why TCB is retranslating Six King Gun to Six King Pistol. Are they trying to reignite the "Luffy's antithesis" thing?

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

In short I want Luffy to crush Lucci and move on to the real bad guy: the pigeon.

I bet Hattori's eaten a Devil Fruit now and will actually be a threat.

Delphisage fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Dec 2, 2022

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

MorningMoon posted:

wonder if tehre's still time to visit mexico or the us

i forgot wapol's queen laughs "Gold-dig dig dig dig"

Finished the Reverie. Gonna read until we get into Wano itself, watch Stampede and then see if I could do the anime for all of Wano.

man, this re-read basically took 8 months and five days.

Ballywood is in the West Blue, so there's no real reason to go there

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

[spoiler]The growth of the Strawhats and in particular Luffy and Zoro is supposed to be unprecedented in the One Piece world and I feel like it would cheapen that growth if Lucci and Kaku have grown at the same rate. But some growth is inevitable,

smh at this Koby erasure

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Luffy and Zoro are unprecedented monsters, but so are Lucci and Kaku. they're masters of their arts who have had time to master their Devil Fruits and Haki since last we saw them

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Lucci is gonna be strong. I don't think he will fight Luffy but it seems dumb to assume that a guy who spent every day of his life from the age of 4 in painstaking training would just roll over and stagnate after one loss.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Don't like the kind recently introduced character leaving the protection of our heroes to go pack some things. In almost any other media that'd be code for: this character is going to tragically die before they can get away.

Also, wonder what he looks like if they break his brain. Be safe, Mr.Punk.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Lucci will be yonko level under the same logic as Golden Fieza in DBS. He was a prodigy genius, and after losing once he actually spent some effort training and is now above and beyond the power scale of our current heroes

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

mabels big day posted:

Lucci will be yonko level under the same logic as Golden Fieza in DBS. He was a prodigy genius, and after losing once he actually spent some effort training and is now above and beyond the power scale of our current heroes

And Kaku has the unimaginable destructive power of the giraffe.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Hey I just realized there's a not insignificant chance we get the first trailer for the Netflix series this month and I immediately went into a fight or flight reaction.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
its gonna look bad

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

mabels big day posted:

(DBS spoilers) He's done that twice. He's Black Frieza now, lol

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009

hatty posted:

its gonna look bad

Kung Fu Hustle worked.

But there’s so many ways this could go wrong, and there’s no way to keep it going too much further without Lord of the Rings money.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Live action One Piece is such a fundamentally bad idea that it will be a massive victory if the show is remotely watchable. They hosed up Cowboy Bebop live action, and that's a series that draws heavy inspiration from film! One Piece is cartoons and manga all the way down!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The set design we've seen is real good, at least, so it might be worth watching to just appreciate the production design.

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

there's a hypothetical live-action gear 5 that's a Who Framed Roger Rabbit work of genius, but that's not what's going to happen (and the series won't last that long even if competent)

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yeah even if the show is good, One Piece is just too long to adapt fully with actors who are bound by the passage of time.

Tolth
Mar 16, 2008

PÄDOPHILIE MACHT FREI

Waffleman_ posted:

Yeah even if the show is good, One Piece is just too long to adapt fully with actors who are bound by the passage of time.

You just have Luffy age realistically. That one's easy to fix as he has already had a development arc that eclipses most people between 20 and 30. Post timeskip Luffy is not a 19 year old, he is mentally like 28 and if he was physically 28 it'd feel fine.

Rubberduke
Nov 24, 2015

I'm this far in my reread and it's just so neat how all the repeating jokes and themes tie into each other if you are reading it back to back. I did not even remember the "so it's a mystery..." to be repeated that often and it just does not get old.

Even Sabo's introduction was not as bad as I remembered and not as haphazard as others have suggested.

I have a feeling this manga is kinda good.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I want Bonney to wake up and turn Kaku and Lucci into a Kitten and baby Giraffe

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
kaku is my favorite one piece villain. he's so goddamn funny without compromising his competence.

Siliziumleben
Dec 4, 2003

The scientists' findings were astounding! They discovered that the powers of the Metroid might be harnessed for the good of civilization!
he's also very handsome

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009

Siliziumleben posted:

he's also very handsome

My girlfriend had a crush on him and was very disappointed

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I had a feeling some of Vegapunk's bodies would get hosed up, but I didn't expect Atlas to be the first one out.

A MEGA EXPLODING
Oct 4, 2012

I may be an underachiever, but I do have a name!
oh what do we have here?

A MEGA EXPLODING fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Dec 2, 2022

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I require maximum Yamato at all times.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

I for one am severely under-yamatoed

A MEGA EXPLODING
Oct 4, 2012

I may be an underachiever, but I do have a name!
apologies for the goonhovel, but maximum yamabro has been achieved !!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

A MEGA EXPLODING posted:

apologies for the goonhovel, but maximum yamabro has been achieved !!

that is the maximum yamato any one figure could be, very good.

Started Wano anime, I'm sure the slow pace will get to me at some point, but the very start does benefit of turning Zoro's fourth of a chapter into most of an episode. Get a lot more details on how he was caught over supposedly being a slasher.

goddamn, all the noise and overexposure looks sublime

Time for Stampede.

1.-Setup seems fun. Deffo more of "we can have a ton of cameos and have a fun time" opening than the last 3.
2.- I will post them when there's a better screenshot, but Robin and Nami's first outfits here are wow.
3.-

I'm just gonna be pausing and pointing the whole time aren't i
4.-
Chopper does the thing!!!
5.- It took Oda five minutes to find a reason for Nami to be in another, sexier outfit. Amazing.

6.-
outfit number 3. Friend reassures me that this'll be her default for most of the movie so ok. Also look at the little dude, his feet in particular
7.- THE FUCKIGN MAMORU HOSODA MOVIE FAMILY PIRATES RIDING THE WATER 7??

8.-A DAVEY BACK
9.- "THE ONLY RULE IS DON'T TELL THE MODS!!" *Lucci walks through the frame*

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Dec 3, 2022

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
Since I didn't enjoy seeing Atlas getting destroyed like that, I want Luffy just to destroy with Lucci with ease even if he got stronger since their last encounter. Especially since he still an evil rear end in a top hat ever since he reappears at the Reverie

Wellwinds
Mar 20, 2010
Lucci's reverie appearance is kind of fun because its extremely easy to read the way he acted as subtly altruistic or extremely sadistic

Its really weird to try and nail down where CP0 can go after the cover story softened them up a bit and you can read following the CDs as totally in line with Luccis philosophy or a begrudging spandam V2 type deal

Not really sure how you'd flip them though outside of like Vegapunk revealing whatever history he's learned to everyone present and getting them added to the kill list

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
lucci's a true believer. he's seen all the ugliness of mary geoise first hand and he had absolutely no problem with any of it.

Wellwinds
Mar 20, 2010

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

lucci's a true believer. he's seen all the ugliness of mary geoise first hand and he had absolutely no problem with any of it.

in the sense of not really caring about abuses of power, yeah probably but at the same time he obviously despises people like spandam and the celestial dragons are that personality type to a t

I could see it along the lines of crocodile, he's not going to become friends but it could be possible for him to wind up an ally of convenience in the final stretch if the right pieces fall into place

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I think Lucci rematch could be a legit fight. Luffy has never really had a proper rematch against a big villain he beat before. Also I doubt Luffy can use Gear 5 at will yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's the start of a big chaotic mess with tons of players and stuff going on. oh, and random super technology just lying around all over the place! the situation they are in makes up for what lucci lacks as an opponent.