Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Just finished episode 38 and I'm still weirded out that the opening hasn't changed, considering both the Precure have gotten their super forms and the three generals have powered up. I can maybe understand not changing the generals, but not having the super form in the opening seems weird. It seems to indicate that something big is going to happen to one of the generals that they felt wasn't worth changing the opening for a handful of episodes, but they added Batetemoda to the opening and he was only in 8 episodes. It's just weird because there's only seven episodes left and not having the super form in the opening seems like it's something that's never happened before in the show. Or maybe it's never happened and I just don't remember.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Twelve by Pies posted:

Just finished episode 38 and I'm still weirded out that the opening hasn't changed, considering both the Precure have gotten their super forms and the three generals have powered up. I can maybe understand not changing the generals, but not having the super form in the opening seems weird. It seems to indicate that something big is going to happen to one of the generals that they felt wasn't worth changing the opening for a handful of episodes, but they added Batetemoda to the opening and he was only in 8 episodes. It's just weird because there's only seven episodes left and not having the super form in the opening seems like it's something that's never happened before in the show. Or maybe it's never happened and I just don't remember.

I don’t remember super forms ever being shown in a Precure OP to be honest but I could be wrong

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

They only ever update for the new Cure and even than it's just usually added in the odd places

Not sure why we don't get a brand new opening and song. Other kids shows like Primagi do it!

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

SatoshiMiwa posted:

They only ever update for the new Cure and even than it's just usually added in the odd places

Not sure why we don't get a brand new opening and song. Other kids shows like Primagi do it!

They change the ending/song at least once per season (except for Futari Wa) but yeah, they’ve never given us a brand new OP later in the season

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

The Delicious Party movie will be out on DVD in January (meaning we should expect subs sometime early next year):

https://twitter.com/precurenews01/status/1593581793483329537

Also I just learned that Yui’s VA is only 19 years old (which I think might be the youngest actress we’ve had playing a Cure so far):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hana_Hishikawa

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

This could turn out to be a lot of possible things but:

https://twitter.com/YameteTomete/status/1594289545817849856

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

Larryb posted:

The Delicious Party movie will be out on DVD in January (meaning we should expect subs sometime early next year):

https://twitter.com/precurenews01/status/1593581793483329537

Also I just learned that Yui’s VA is only 19 years old (which I think might be the youngest actress we’ve had playing a Cure so far):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hana_Hishikawa

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't most anime movies available online (Like the app store) as a theater alternative these days? Idk about Precure, but would it be possible to sub from that?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Violet_Sky posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't most anime movies available online (Like the app store) as a theater alternative these days? Idk about Precure, but would it be possible to sub from that?

Only a handful of Precure movies have ever been officially put online not long after release to my knowledge (and I know for a fact CR doesn’t sub them for whatever reason at least)

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Larryb posted:

This could turn out to be a lot of possible things but:

https://twitter.com/YameteTomete/status/1594289545817849856

Adding to this, it seems a new Symphogear season is almost confirmed at this point:

https://twitter.com/SYMPHOGEAR/status/1594293709906251776

Not sure what it’ll be about since the original ended pretty definitively but I look forward to getting more details regardless

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Maybe we'll get Mechavarus animated!

BlitznBurst
Feb 28, 2019

I hope it's a Cooking with Shirabe anime

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Beef Stroganoff the series

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

You could probably get at least a couple more seasons out of just mining XDU for material honestly

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

anime the AU where Chris and Tsubasa are a couple

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

The 2023 Precure season has at last been revealed:

https://twitter.com/trademark_bot/status/1597608096792473601

It’s called Hirogaru Sky Precure and seems to be either angel or bird themed

​I’m still curious whether they’ll celebrate the 20th anniversary with this season, the following one, or do what they did with Sentai recently and just do both

Larryb fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Nov 29, 2022

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

The website for the new series is up now as well:

https://www.toei-anim.co.jp/tv/hirogaru-sky_precure/

The TV Asahi page is up as well and features a different background:

https://www.asahi.co.jp/precure/hirogarusky/

Larryb fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Nov 30, 2022

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Edit: Nevermind

Larryb fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Dec 1, 2022

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Also it’s confirmed now that Hirogaru Sky will in fact be the 20th anniversary season:

I wonder if this is a hint that the new team will be able to take on the uniforms and powers of their predecessors Gokaiger style

Edit: Apparently these are gashapon toys

Larryb fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Dec 2, 2022

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

I am nearly done with Healin Good. This is a pretty long finale arc, which I think is good. With everything happening it's no wonder they didn't update the generals in the opening.

It's also too early to say it won't happen at all (I've still got five episodes left), but this is the first Precure season I've seen where there hasn't been any attempt to portray the generals as misguided or mind controlled or even on a path to being purified and turned good. Granted, my Precure experience is based solely on Heartcatch, Suite, Star Twinkle, and most of Smile. Maybe they're the outliers.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The early seasons tended to have more of the generals being just bad guys with the odd exception of the Kiryu sisters and Bunbee surviving. Fresh kinda of turned that around and it's mostly been that way with Doki Dokk and Healing Good being the exceptions

BlitznBurst
Feb 28, 2019

Gogo also had Scorp, which was super funny because the show clearly wanted you to feel sad that he was dead and also very clearly did not want you to think about the fact that Milk just loving merc'd him.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Technically Kiriya was reborn as a human at the end of Futari Wa as well but since he was never seen or mentioned again they might as well have killed him to be honest.

Also have some items that are likely related to Hirogaru Sky:

Larryb fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Dec 2, 2022

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

It just always amuses me that the kids show Precure was pretty ruthless about having the generals get destroyed during the first few seasons yet the late night show Nanoha went out of it's way to reform like 90% of the bad guys

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Honestly I kinda just want another fight scene like Cure Moonlight vs Dark Precure in a series again but it seems like they're kinda going away from that level of action. I'm not saying there's no action, there's a lot of punchin and kickin in Healin Good, just like I said, not on that level.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

SatoshiMiwa posted:

It just always amuses me that the kids show Precure was pretty ruthless about having the generals get destroyed during the first few seasons yet the late night show Nanoha went out of it's way to reform like 90% of the bad guys

Kintolesky deserved better damnit. That said, the Star Twinkle team sparing the woman that literally committed genocide on multiple planets and didn’t feel an ounce of guilt for it even after being defeated is still weird to me (at least put her under house arrest or something)

Also Nodoka basically telling Daruizen to gently caress off was one of the highlights of Healin Good for me (and what cemented her as one of my top favorite Pinks)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Dec 2, 2022

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Also apparently there was a recent toy meeting regarding the next series Hirogaru Sky and a few bits of info got leaked:

-The series is an anniversary work with A TON of gimmicks attached to the toyline. The Precure transform via a wand (stick) and have to protect a baby in the story

-The "DX Sun Wheel Blade Nectar Temple Honey" is a sword weapon that "becomes ribbons".

Source: A 5ch poster named “Guess-San” who’s more often than not been right about this kind of stuff for the past year or two

Edit: The weapon part might be fake after doing some research, it's worth noting that the Japanese name of "DX Sun Wheel Blade Nectar Temple Honey" is a mashup of the names of a couple items from the anime Demon Slayer

Larryb fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Dec 3, 2022

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Just finished Symphogear. It’s wild to me that Maria is 21-22. A magical girl that can legally buy alcoholic beverages?

Also it’s really good.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

chris

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

:emptyquote:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

:yeah:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Speaking of, has there been any further word yet on that “New Symphogear Project” that was mentioned a little while ago?

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

it was just announced so probably not yet but hopefully it isn't like the Nanoha project that was hinted at the Nanoha event before the pandemic that's been forgotten

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I’m still holding out hope for an actual anime revival but we’ll see how it goes I guess

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

SatoshiMiwa posted:

it was just announced so probably not yet but hopefully it isn't like the Nanoha project that was hinted at the Nanoha event before the pandemic that's been forgotten

Well, it actually turns out the project was trying to see how many Gacha games they can have her guest-star in before people get sick of it.

BlitznBurst
Feb 28, 2019

I hope the new project is a cooking with shirabe adaptation

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

delicious beef stroganoff

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

I've been making my way through Symphogear, as well

Not since Sailor Moon have I enjoyed a Magical Girl Anime, maybe even more

And yeah, agreed