Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Only two episodes into the Wano anime, but it's good vibes. Getting more time for Ussop's bits is great, and the slower pace makes it a very chill, very vibes watching, specially when they start repeating stuff to fluff up the time, such as the times when they repeat themselves so time can be fluffed up or remember things, such as last episode when they repeated stuff to get the time fluffed. I got a two monitor setup, so i can just browse threads or twitter when something not important's happening.

Cloks posted:

Official translation is out and it's loads better than what we got earlier this week.

chapter
Fans: luffy please let [character with big boobies of this arc] join the crew!!!!!!!
Luffy: hahah this old man is funny, get on the ship

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

What’s the best joke in each arc

same as it ever was

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Thinking about it, good way to show progression here would be for Zoro or Sanji to be the one to beat Lucci this time.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I love that these assholes are back. Them lurking around in the background forever hand me kinda lukewarm on the idea but this one chapter won me back on them.

Also, Robin should fight one of the CP0.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
up to this point, there hasn't really been anything in this arc that luffy can't handle. so, i'm hoping that there's a blackbeard seraphim here. he was very briefly a shichibukai, after all.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
My guess is Lucci and Luffy throw down for a bit, maybe not like a conclusive fight or anything but something brief to show where they both are relative to each-other. Strussy seems like a good match for Bonney when/if she wakes up. Maybe Jimbei vs Kaku but that'd be a little weird?

My guess is something is going to happen with Sentomaru and the other seraphim like someone was speculating a page or two ago and that'll give the other straw hats something to do.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I don't know why anyone is looking forward to any fight other than PX-Kuma vs Seraphim-Kuma.

Could we end up with the extremely rare good One Piece parent with Papa Bear showing up to save Bonny from CP0? Hope he doesn't end up sharing that dungeon cell with Bellmere and Cobra.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Even if one of the Vegapunks lives, there's no way the giant brain and all its knowledge survives this arc. We gotta build the stakes for Elbaf, after all, and making the books there the last copies of Ohara's knowledge seems like a perfect lead in to me.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
what if the island destroying thing only came online recently and thats why it wasnt used to destroy ohara. but now its used to destroy egg head.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Huh. When Basil encounters Luffy and Zoro he says they have a 19% chance of still being alive... in a month. I'm almost sure it's just a fancy way to say they're doomed in this arc, but I think a month hasn't passed yet. AFAIK all of Wano takes place in roughly ten days or something like that, like the Reverie happens in its entirety and folk return to their countries shortly before the arc ends, that's what lets Big Mom just go to Wano without military intervention, all the big shots are busy at the Reverie. Then I guess like a week to reach Egghead?

animation dips still look really charming in the new art style and line filtering. What a lad

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Dec 5, 2022

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I think it's been probably like three months since the time skip in-universe?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

aw gently caress, yeah you're right, there's some timeskips after the fight's over.

Gonna slow the gently caress down on watching the anime because it's gonna take like actually six months 'till Gear 5 lol

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

ZiegeDame posted:

Thinking about it, good way to show progression here would be for Zoro or Sanji to be the one to beat Lucci this time.

Watch them go and give it to Usopp

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Roydrowsy posted:

Watch them go and give it to Usopp

weakling trio fights the cp0

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

anime was right posted:

This would be awesome.

Would also like to see Franky KO Lucci.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

This would be awesome.

Would also like to see Franky KO Lucci.

Speaking of, there's no way he and/or the Franky General/Sunny doesn't get an upgrade this arc, right?

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

anime was right posted:

We're getting the Kalifa vs Monster Point Chopper fight for real

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

TaurusOxford posted:

Speaking of, there's no way he and/or the Franky General/Sunny doesn't get an upgrade this arc, right?

i rly hope this is the franky/chopper upgrade arc yea

elbaf better be the usopp arc

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Chopper already got his upgrade in Wano, but yeah it’s almost certain that Franky’s gonna pick up new tech since Wano kinda indirectly shows that his laser beam tech is outdated with Queen just rapid fire blasting that stuff

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I think there's a massive difference in firepower between Franky's big rear end loving laser and Queen's rapidfire ones.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Last Celebration posted:

Chopper already got his upgrade in Wano, but yeah it’s almost certain that Franky’s gonna pick up new tech since Wano kinda indirectly shows that his laser beam tech is outdated with Queen just rapid fire blasting that stuff

Franky is going to become a Headmaster for General Franky
https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Headmaster_(technology)

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Wondering what kind of reunion this is gonna be. Will Lucci get stomped by Emperor Luffy or will Lucci reveal he's been training for two years and awaken his Golden Frieza form?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
By the way spoilers are out early this week and Twitter will probably be going nuts once pictures are out

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost
They're already going nuts thanks to a series of leaks which Redon keeps endorsing regardless if they contradict other leaks.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Unfortunately the worst spoiler is true: Break next week, and after that is apparently a full Shonen Jump break

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Blame Christmas for that one

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Mraagvpeine posted:

Blame Christmas for that one

Can't believe Baroque Works is coming back too

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

RatHat posted:

Unfortunately the worst spoiler is true: Break next week, and after that is apparently a full Shonen Jump break

Rob Lucci's is too drat powerful...

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

We're not getting any One Piece for the rest of the year

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Waffleman_ posted:

Yep last chapter until 2023 :cheers:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Waffleman_ posted:

Looks like this might not actually be true

https://twitter.com/newworldartur/status/1600245436098306050?s=20&t=yUF0BDC5DnRa8T80qyvWtA

RatHat fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Dec 7, 2022

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

Oda could still announce one of these two upcoming dates to be a break week, though.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Golden Week for the fourth time this year! :argh:

I assume.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The One Piece card game is out in English and someone in one of my Discord servers posted Yamato's card and it's very funny that you have to legally call him Kozuki Oden

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That fuckin' owns bones!

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

I never delved too deep into this game, does that suggest that there are cards that will only work if specific characters are in play? Is this an LCG or a traditional CCG?

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

i hope luffy just pastes lucci. just pushes him into the ground like that zombie.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

The One Piece card game is out in English and someone in one of my Discord servers posted Yamato's card and it's very funny that you have to legally call him Kozuki Oden

according to the rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LCg2fZHpIBQ