Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Henchman of Santa posted:

Considering how many schools are in the city and how many amazing players have come out of high school there it’s bizarre that Illinois does the best Chicago recruiting in the state.

I don't find it that bizarre considering the only other schools in big name conferences are Northwestern and Depaul. DePaul used to be great a long time ago, but has been mostly irrelevant for decades. Northwestern has almost always been bad at basketball, and the higher academic requirements exclude a lot of players. Good players don't want to go to UIC or Chicago State, although Loyola has been slowly climbing the ranks and will probably start pulling better Chicago athletes.

I think if Depaul could have found a place to play that was even remotely close to campus, they would be in a better position. Can't imagine that many kids are that interested in taking the L down to McCormick Place to watch a middling team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Soon Purdue will be Chicago's Big Ten School

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Poque posted:

Soon Purdue will be Chicago's Big Ten School

MODS????????????

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

isnt it kind of similar with like, Syracuse being the New York basketball school versus St Johns or whatever

Ah, the good old days. When Syracuse losing to St. John’s was an embarrassing surprise rather than the expected outcome. We might not even be Top 5 in the state. I have serious doubts as to whether we could beat Bonnie’s, Buffalo, Sienna, and Cornell. And we already lost to Colgate and St John’s. I think we could beat Army, though.

Bulky Bartokomous fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Dec 5, 2022

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

Bird in a Blender posted:

Can't imagine that many kids are that interested in taking the L down to McCormick Place to watch a middling team.

I can see the billboard now:

DePaul Basketball
Just Take the L

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

https://twitter.com/geoffgrammer/status/1599955006408433664?s=46&t=e7f_iK5UnH-Roz-DP7FP1g

Follow-up investigation: NMSU is/was hiding a lot of information.

Seems bad but idk.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

NMSU competing with Baylor for worst coaching decisions.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/n1a2v3y4/status/1599933404728156160

https://twitter.com/n1a2v3y4/status/1599936637852524544

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
If Texas dismantles Illinois tonight I might start getting worried about them.

edit: not so much, then

also BC lost at home to New Hampshire, yikes

elentar fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Dec 7, 2022

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

elentar posted:

If Texas dismantles Illinois tonight I might start getting worried about them.

Lol they did not.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Arkansas barely beating UNCG does not bode well for their top 10 ranking

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

elentar posted:

also BC lost at home to New Hampshire, yikes

ACC is so bad and I’m really thinking UVA could win it again

JMU has the highest scoring offense, UVA one of the top 5 efficient; naturally this game has been a rock fight

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

Ungratek posted:

JMU has the highest scoring offense, UVA one of the top 5 efficient; naturally this game has been a rock fight

JMU always plays like demons against UVA and could well be a tournament team, so however they get this done

ok, whatever, time for them to go take exams, if Houston gets past Alabama the game could be #1 vs. #2 now

elentar fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Dec 7, 2022

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
The Milwaukee Bucks Rim Rockers did the halftime show at the Kohl Center and Bango broke the rim and it was the funniest goddamn thing I have ever seen.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
goddammit bucky hit yer FTs

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

https://twitter.com/jeffborzello/status/1600594620773240849?s=46&t=i98En_V2flnmKFL299Hmow

:rip: season was going too well so we had to have something bad happen

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Welp, we all kinda thought it when he went down with a non-contractual knee

https://twitter.com/umichbball/status/1600575214953316376?t=Z6B2VSpTT8NCnJtmtZsTBg&s=19

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

mdemone posted:

We're....the best team in the ACC...?

We're the best team in the ACC!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Boilers

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Picked a great night to go to my first Iowa women’s basketball game for the season, they made a top ten Iowa State team look like what you think of when you hear the words “Iowa State athletics”

https://twitter.com/iowawbb/status/1600659526528557057?s=61&t=YFtc9P1eadTSKzuS-xjp_A

Caitlin Clark did Caitlin Clark poo poo but at least two other Hawkeyes had sick 3s and Czanino had a double-double, the second half was basically the machine running as intended. I hope we play like that more often. It helped that ISU was ice cold and their center couldn’t hit a FT to save her life (even though she shot 40% from 3)

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Iowa State men proving they’re good allies by taking all the negative attention off of the women by sucking even worse against Iowa

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
mother fucker

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/DrKenTomkovich/status/1601039100899098624

Just fire every loving big 10 ref into the sun

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
lol

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/scodes/status/1601051527937826816

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

facialimpediment posted:

Welp, we all kinda thought it when he went down with a non-contractual knee

https://twitter.com/umichbball/status/1600575214953316376?t=Z6B2VSpTT8NCnJtmtZsTBg&s=19

This forces Juwan to start Dug, so that’s a bonus.

madenine
Jun 12, 2021

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

Ah, the good old days. When Syracuse losing to St. John’s was an embarrassing surprise rather than the expected outcome. We might not even be Top 5 in the state. I have serious doubts as to whether we could beat Bonnie’s, Buffalo, Sienna, and Cornell. And we already lost to Colgate and St John’s. I think we could beat Army, though.

Thinking to myself, surely its not that bad - but no, internet confirms we haven't beaten St John's since 2014. Not particularly close games either

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/aaron_breitman/status/1601391863977709569

Calling bullshit on how seriously the big 10 takes officiating.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Illini gonna follow up that Texas win by losing to Penn State at home.

Is there anything to UConn this year? They're up to #2 in Kenpom based on just destroying teams but they're not gonna play anyone else that potentially looks like a NC contender the entire season.

elentar fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Dec 10, 2022

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Kansas / Missouri is today and all the fans are trying to drum up the hate that none of us really feel anymore

it's all the same trash talk but it doesn't feel like anyone's heart is really in it

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
if d'moi hodge drops a dagger three at the buzzer you can bet your rear end my heart will be in it

line is only KU -3.5 and i feel like the jayhawks are gonna win by 10-15, so might be some easy money

Mike_V fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Dec 10, 2022

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Louisville-Florida State tipping off the "something's gotta give" game

Syracuse down big early at home against Pat Ewing's Georgetown [ok well that didn't last long, Georgetown is terrible]

elentar fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Dec 10, 2022

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
I can't stop thinking about the radio caller earlier this week who was hand wringing about whether or not Arkansas can keep Muss after he inevitably leads them to a championship

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
How do the Illini beat #2 Texas then get blown out by Penn state

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Mike_V posted:

if d'moi hodge drops a dagger three at the buzzer you can bet your rear end my heart will be in it

line is only KU -3.5 and i feel like the jayhawks are gonna win by 10-15, so might be some easy money

I dunno, it's an entirely different team than last year and real inconsistent.The lack of an experienced big and the knack for going ice cold in games could make it difficult.

This is a Kansas team that has pretty big question marks.

Also KJ Adams is our starting big and he's bad at most things you want from a big. Starting with, you know, being a big.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George

mastershakeman posted:

How do the Illini beat #2 Texas then get blown out by Penn state

Penn State is not bad and they have a ton of guys who can get hot from 3.

Penn St 12-21 from 3 so far, Illinois 6-20.

PotatoJudge fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Dec 10, 2022

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Yale's giving Kentucky a game

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

tactlessbastard posted:

I can't stop thinking about the radio caller earlier this week who was hand wringing about whether or not Arkansas can keep Muss after he inevitably leads them to a championship

Our fan base never ceases to amaze

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Nebraska hanging around with Purdue

Houston and Alabama meanwhile both look like they're playing in sludge today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
Purdue's first bad free throw shooting game, and of course it is a close one on the road.