Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

genericnick posted:

Lmao the needle is back

My first thought

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

The Paper of Record going to bat for anti-LGTBQ discrimination in the name of """""religious freedom""""":

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/12/04/opinion/303-creative-supreme-court.html
The ruling class always find a useful role for religion, oppressing a minority is like a classic.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Toplowtech posted:

The ruling class always find a useful role for religion, oppressing a minority is like a classic.

Religion isn't so much the opiate of the masses as it's the opiate of a ruling class looking for the latest scapegoat for its graft and corruption.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Religion isn't so much the opiate of the masses as it's the opiate of a ruling class looking for the latest scapegoat for its graft and corruption.

so the ruling classes are shooting up religion every day to bask in its hazy warmth and forget shout their ills and toils? then they get mad without it? :raise:

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

mawarannahr posted:

so the ruling classes are shooting up religion every day to bask in its hazy warmth and forget shout their ills and toils? then they get mad without it? :raise:

Yeah.

No, but I think the ruling class uses religion as a way to divide the working class and to shield their bigotry behind respectability.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

They go on birthright during high school, right? Before political and moral compasses are particularly developed/deviate from parents? I could see a free(?) trip to Israel to be pretty appealing to a largely apolitical teenager who later goes on to develop a more detailed worldview

Also I guess I know nothing about birthright so all of my assumptions (which I don’t feel like looking up) might be completely off base in which case idk I guess this is a worthless comment but really aren’t most of them?

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

HashtagGirlboss posted:

They go on birthright during high school, right? Before political and moral compasses are particularly developed/deviate from parents? I could see a free(?) trip to Israel to be pretty appealing to a largely apolitical teenager who later goes on to develop a more detailed worldview

Also I guess I know nothing about birthright so all of my assumptions (which I don’t feel like looking up) might be completely off base in which case idk I guess this is a worthless comment but really aren’t most of them?

It's 18-26. My wife and I are Jewish and neither of us elected to go on birthright.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

live. laugh. leave

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

HashtagGirlboss posted:

the teen guests are encouraged by handlers to drink and gently caress so they associate israel with partying and babes

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Oh yeah, I'm sure they needed a lot of encouragement. If there's two things 18-26 need prompting to do it's drinking and loving.

I don't doubt the government wanting it to take place but that's also gotta be PR strategy that basically runs itself.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

I knew some guys who went on it and they were steered toward babes and military service the entire time

sounds like an 80s movie

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
i was under the impression they've merged babes and military service by having basically military booth babes

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

getting head while on birthright is called iron dome

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
80s movies are badass, so

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

it is extremely weird and creepy to me to call your vacation to a foreign settler colony a "birthright" but then i guess they're selecting for the kind of person that would actually want to be a settler in an ethnostate

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

duz posted:

lmao

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

the bitcoin of weed posted:

it is extremely weird and creepy to me to call your vacation to a foreign settler colony a "birthright" but then i guess they're selecting for the kind of person that would actually want to be a settler in an ethnostate

its a program thats trying to convince people to emigrate to israel, it's trying to turn people who just want a free vacation into that person

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Over my life I've had at least four people explain to me that okay Israel sucks but they went on birthright and saw that everyone over there is just plain ordinary folks so my opinion about how it's a horrible country that shouldn't exist is invalid

Yeah, dude, every country has plain ordinary folks. Everyone the world over wears jeans and t shirts and eats pizza and gets married

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

christmas boots posted:

Oh yeah, I'm sure they needed a lot of encouragement. If there's two things 18-26 need prompting to do it's drinking and loving.

I don't doubt the government wanting it to take place but that's also gotta be PR strategy that basically runs itself.
You need at least two people to have sex though. If they really want to ensure a good time for everyone, they'd have IDF-themed prostitutes to ensure no young adult is left behind.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

mawarannahr posted:

brutal exhibition of failure. it’s super long so I’ll just post the first few paras

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/what-the-new-york-times-gets-wrong-about-puberty-blockers-for-transgender-youth

im glad you posted this and i read the whole thing but the hyperlinks in the thumbnail you quoted make that thumbnail completely unreadable so please consider not posting thumbnails like that in the future

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Some Guy TT posted:

im glad you posted this and i read the whole thing but the hyperlinks in the thumbnail you quoted make that thumbnail completely unreadable so please consider not posting thumbnails like that in the future

apologies, I’ll see if I can make a shortcut to turn markdown to bbcode, cause a lot of stuff does get lost if you just paste plain text.

the failing New York Times

https://twitter.com/iaponomarenko/status/1600394202076037120

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

mawarannahr posted:

apologies, I’ll see if I can make a shortcut to turn markdown to bbcode, cause a lot of stuff does get lost if you just paste plain text.

the failing New York Times

https://twitter.com/iaponomarenko/status/1600394202076037120

between this guy and that lady that got super upset at the New York Times for saying that Iran was abolishing its morality police, there's more and more people that are needing lessons in media literacy

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
if you were really on the ukrainian side, why not just lean into this language? "yes, we have escalated the war and we will continue to escalate it until our inevitable victory" or something

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

if you were really on the ukrainian side, why not just lean into this language? "yes, we have escalated the war and we will continue to escalate it until our inevitable victory" or something

Because than you dont get to play the under dog victim card on the verge of defeat

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/redfishstream/status/1600505967393005569?t=m8eJylVCY2FOp_coyyqGWw&s=19

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

I feel like you misunderstood the opiate metaphor.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

ikanreed posted:

I feel like you misunderstood the opiate metaphor.

No, just mixing up my own metaphors.

Oysters Autobio
Mar 13, 2017
lol that dropping bombs on a military airfield is an "escalation".

you don't have to go all out on David vs Goliath narratives or whatever to think that this is a pretty dumb statement on its own for two countries at mobilized total war.

pulling off a hail mary doesn't demonstrate some new willingness, as if before they were stoically turning the other cheek or something.

Oysters Autobio has issued a correction as of 18:46 on Dec 7, 2022

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

lol mark pulling 9 year old emails on ioffe

https://twitter.com/juliaioffe/status/1600497921455259650
https://twitter.com/MarkAmesExiled/status/1600544427813982208

e: bonus lmao

https://twitter.com/hildebran/status/1600535178241253381

Wraith of J.O.I. has issued a correction as of 19:21 on Dec 7, 2022

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Yeah dang if only someone had written about that, maybe driving the point home with some shocking dark humor or something

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

The 2nd part of the tweet was so good. lmfao

https://twitter.com/juliaioffe/status/1600497923246153733

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

"Let me tell you how horrible he was : he did that cool thing you all want to do." :rolleyes:

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

wtf is it with liberals always incorporating horse cum into their epic owns

Minecraft Holmes
Oct 21, 2016

isn't julia a nazi

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Minecraft Holmes posted:

isn't julia a nazi
"Julia Ioffe is a Russian-born American journalist. Her articles have appeared in The Washington Post, The New York Times, The New Yorker, Foreign Policy, Forbes, Bloomberg Businessweek, The New Republic, Politico, and The Atlantic. Ioffe has appeared on television programs on MSNBC, CBS, PBS and other news channels as a Russia experts a Russian-born American journalist. Her articles have appeared in The Washington Post, The New York Times, The New Yorker, Foreign Policy, Forbes, Bloomberg Businessweek, The New Republic, Politico, and The Atlantic. Ioffe has appeared on television programs on MSNBC, CBS, PBS and other news channels as a Russia expert." Signs point toward "yes".

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Minecraft Holmes
Oct 21, 2016

oh wait here it is lol

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

afaik they did this exactly once to a guy that definitely deserved it so lol that she's implying it was like a regular friday night thing to do with the boys

http://exiledonline.com/feature-new-york-times-hack-eats-horse-sperm-pie/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

duz posted: